What's new

Power crisis: India faces a shortage of 17,000 MW

As article says we may be having shortage of 17000 mw ..thats less than 10% of our total production ..hence small power cuts go unnoticed

actually rather than bashing OP... we have to admit we do have power shortage......
and especially in rural areas.... i heard my aunt in coimbatore facing 8 hour power cut......

may be sometimes u should use ur brain...

some States bordering Pakistan produce surplus power. Selling it to states like Tamil nadu or Andhra Pradesh would be a loss due to transmission loss of power incurred due to such long distance. Instead sell the power to a state/country which is nearby.

no need to get frustrated, i know tht power shortage effect mind as well so dont show me.

& IMO instead of selling it to the enemy country the first priority for any indian state should be to suplly it in india, i mean its okay tht selling it to Pakistan is more profitable but whts the advantage when indians states have no electricity.....

The tragedy is most people will believe what's been reported in Indian newspaper rather than an Indian posting from the States.
Anyway, what a lying Basanti the reporter is ...spreading false rumours. :angry:

YOU INSULT BASANTI BY SAYING THIS!!!

BASANTI NO LET YOU LIVE TILL TOMORROW
killer-clown_1024x768_29256.jpg

Actually the NCR region has been facing some power cuts of a couple of hours a day. Delhi is fine with power cuts being limited to 10-15 minutes.

no need to get frustrated, i know tht power shortage effect mind as well so dont show me.

& IMO instead of selling it to the enemy country the first priority for any indian state should be to suplly it in india, i mean its okay tht selling it to Pakistan is more profitable but whts the advantage when indians states have no electricity.....

The advantage is we get money which we can then use to create more power infrastructure in those states where there is shortage or get from other places and supply to those places...

u need to get education from non-madrassah school..plz dont make us laugh with ur extreme ignorance..

^^ wat u never experinced ....? till 1 month back powe cut was extensively in bangalore

Why is Windjammer sooo concerned whether India has power or not? Does he intend becoming the power minister here?

He is also terribly concerned about poverty in India. Does he intend becoming the minister for poverty alleviation here?

He also is awfully concerned about the lack of toilets in India. Does he intend becoming the Welfare minister here?

He's also critical of the slums in India. Does he intend becoming the slum development minister here?

No? Then it's intriguing why a Pakistani should be so concerned. But we appreciate his sentiments. :cheesy:

Like I said- address your own issues before you attack someone else, and that too someone with superior power generating capacity and major plans to fix all gaps in the very near future.

Do others post about the significantly worse power situation in Pakistan that shows no chance of be resolved anytime soon. Is hte situation there so bad but commonplace now there that no reporters even bother reporting this anymore?

Stones and glass houses, right??

As i said your country fellows keep us well informed of any Pakistan's shortcomings, one such frivolous character went on to claim that there are more Indian members on this forum since India has running power.
If the reflection is proving somewhat gruesome to comprehend than it's your own making, for i am not quoting any Pakistani source.
As for your Pakistan concern, no doubt there is acute power shortage, mostly due to non payments to the power generation companies. Some funds have been released and the situation is improving hence the reason the Indian clapping has declined.

Not to add to the trolling spree of some of our pakistani friends, but the problems that they have mentioned are indeed real and worrisome.

The power generation capacity is not an issue. But to have the power plants run at peak load, we need a strong supply of coal. India faces severe issues, in terms of coal supply. Coal India is not able to meet the demands of power companies. Moreover, importing of coal from countries such as Indonesia, means the rupee dollar equation takes a severe hit. Moreover, it also adds to the already high import bill of the country.

Next, due to the politically sensitive nature of power supply, various State Electricity Boards offer power to consumers at subsidized rates, which has a domino effect on the power industry. Moreover, a number of these SEBs are nearing bankruptcy.

Also the delayed monsoons, which some are already calling a drought, means that water reservoirs are fast depleting - therefore hurting hydro power generation.

India needs to fast-track the land and environmental clearances to tap into the vast coal reserves and soothe nerves of the nervous power sector. Also a strict regulator needs to be appointed to check malpractices in the sector. Some companies are known to sell coal from captive mines, allowed with a UMPP, into the open market.

Really windjammer...??

Aisa jhoot bola kar jo koi pakad naa sake..

Else you just end up looking like a fool..!! :enjoy: :sniper:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/190596-sweltering-india-runs-out-energy.html

Go check out the following posts.. :rolleyes:

Number : 6
Number : 9
Number : 29
Number : 35

Or may be you have real memory issues??
Alzheimer perhaps?? :thinktank:

Aloow me to spoon feed you, members spend all day on the forum, commenting, replying and debating on different topics....which in essence is slightly different than initiating a thread.....to understand that you will need to activate your other brain cell....but then even that may not be of much help to you. :cheesy:

Why is Windjammer sooo concerned whether India has power or not? Does he intend becoming the power minister here?

He is also terribly concerned about poverty in India. Does he intend becoming the minister for poverty alleviation here?

He also is awfully concerned about the lack of toilets in India. Does he intend becoming the Welfare minister here?

He's also critical of the slums in India. Does he intend becoming the slum development minister here?

No? Then it's intriguing why a Pakistani should be so concerned. But we appreciate his sentiments. :cheesy:

In that case WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE>.......

Back
Top Bottom