What's new

Pothowari Culture

i told you the reason why this so called fact is so.

It's not a reason but just you spreading misinformed bullshit.

i did not have some ulterior motives.what i mentioned is just for a reference.

Reference for what? There was absolutely no reason to bring that up.

remember he done his work pre partition.keep this factor in mind.

So? Do dialects and culture suddenly change after partition? The people native to the different parts of Punjabi still practice the same culture and speak the same dialects.

she is my mother lol.and no one know a person more than his mother.

So? What's your point? That your mother is okay with you bad-mouthing her native region?

see.in pakistan when a person speaks ten lines we can easily judge his background.from use of particular words we come to know his affiliations etc etc.for a foreigner all these things are beyond his comprehension level.

That's nice but doesn't really prove anything. Basically, just you repeating, "I'm from Pakistan and the Pothowari parts of Punjab so everything I say is right and you can't comprehend it."

You proved how ignorant you are of Indian cuisine in the other thread. All your doing now is proving how ignorant you are of your own culture.

Am I suppose to take that as fact? Unless I hear it from Lahore Punjabis myself, I'm inclined to say it is your biased opinion.
sure.

Why? I already admitted the Pothohari dialect is bit difficult to comprehend but not entirely impossible for other Punjabi speakers to understand. Again, how would it be possible for Pothohari speakers to easily understand other dialects of Punjabi if they weren't dialects of the same language?

Saraiki is considered a separate language than Punjabi for linguistic reasons. How difficult is it to understand that? It's not because some ridiculous economic reason as you've suggested.
a saraiki speaker can understand punjabi,but inverse is not true.similarly pothohari can understand saraiki better than a lahori.compare this to where saraiki belt,lahore and pothohar is.
economic reason that i told you is joke?
just because you cn't find it in some research on internet.why not in this thread ask few pakistanis?it will also confirm that there are things that you can't find on net.what do you say?

Sure what? At least write a coherent and complete sentence or don't bother quoting me.

a saraiki speaker can understand punjabi,but inverse is not true.similarly pothohari can understand saraiki better than a lahori.compare this to where saraiki belt,lahore and pothohar is.
economic reason that i told you is joke?

I already stated Saraiki is a separate language than Punjabi but there are enough similarities that there would be some comprehension between a Sairaki and Punjabi speaker. So now Pothohari speakers can understand Saraiki as well? Apparently, Pothohari spakers can understand every dialect of Punjabi and any related language but the inverse is not true. At least, according to you.

Yes, the economic reason is joke because Saraiki was classified as a separate language pre-partition. So, how could economics be the reason if Pakistan as a country wasn't even in existence when Saraiki and the Punjabi dialects were classified by linguistics.

just because you cn't find it in some research on internet.why not in this thread ask few pakistanis?it will also confirm that there are things that you can't find on net.what do you say?

Okay, that's nice. I'm suppose to take everything you say is fact because there is no source or any sort of document to prove it. Honestly, what's the point in having a discussion with you when you believe everything you say is correct even when you can't prove it?

I actually partially agree with you for once. Azad Kashmir (ie Mirpur) and Northern Punjab have the same sub-ethnic groups and tribes as the rest of Punjab. In this case, Gujjars, Jatts, Rajputs, Arian, etc. I still don't agree with you with about Maliks, Syeds, Quraishis, etc. They are honorific titles and not tribes or sub-ethnic groups. In the other thread, a Pakistani member even mentioned that his family holds one of these honorific titles and confirmed none of them are actually tribes or sub-ethnic groups of Punjabis.

I also agree with you about ethnic Kashmiris (Koshur) in Pakistan being the ones who immigrated from the Kashmir Valley in Jammu and Kashmir. These would be people with surnames like Butt, Dar, Rathore, Kher, Raina and Kaul. They're are some similarities between ethnic Kashmiris and Punjabis in terms of culture but for the most part their culture is different. To be honest, there are more genetic similarities between the populations than cultural similarities.

malik and awan same thing.but in kp world malik is used for sardar.
syed:a person who is from the blood line of hazrat ali.from his wife fatima.
qureshi:a person who trace back his blood line back to tribe of quresh.
these are not just horrific titles.people have shajras.mean a record.he is son of this son of this,son of this and so on.

malik and awan same thing.but in kp world malik is used for sardar.
syed:a person who is from the blood line of hazrat ali.from his wife fatima.
qureshi:a person who trace back his blood line back to tribe of quresh.
these are not just horrific titles.people have shajras.mean a record.he is son of this son of this,son of this and so on.

Guess what. There are Maliks, Awans, Syed, Quraishis spread across West Asia, Central Asia and South Asia? Do you expect me to believe they are all related and trace their so called blood lines back to Hazrat Ali, Quresh, etc?

Another Pakistani member even confirmed they were honorific titles when his family holds one of these titles.

I'm sorry but I find it highly unlikely all these so called Maliks, Syeds and Quraishis spread out across thousands of miles can trace their blood lines to a single person.

He is posting pictures of Indian Punjabis.

Pakistani Punjabi women dont wear jewlery and clothes like that. We wear the same clothes like rest of Pakistanis, SHALWAR KAMEEZ.

Indian Punjabi wear more colorful clothes, even the Indian Punjabi men, while most Pakistani Punjabi men wear the same white shalwar kameez like Pashtun men do.

Pahari guys seems to be desperate to divide Pakistanis. Pahari is a mountainous version of Punjabi, even look at the word "pahari" :lol:

who are you judge me on that? who asked you to judge me? dont i have right to choice name for my username? if you dont like this topic, the door is open for you, go away, man.

i am only post different between pothohari n punjabi which is has nothing with pakistan. it is about culture, not country.

314491_103241053125653_100003192754289_16110_1453691267_n.jpg

who are you judge me on that? who asked you to judge me? dont i have right to choice name for my username? if you dont like this topic, the door is open for you, go away, man.

i am only post different between pothohari n punjabi which is has nothing with pakistan. it is about culture, not country.

He's right though to some extent. Pothowari is just mountain Punjabi culture. It isn't much different from mainland Punjabi culture in Lahore, etc. The Potwari language is also just a dialect of Punjabi. Although, it is more difficult for non Potwari speakers to understand due to the dialect only being spoken in northern Punjab, it is still a Punjabi dialect nonetheless. The majority of Mirpuris/Pothowari Punjabis are from tribes/sub-ethnic groups like Jatts, Gujjars and Rajputs so they are Punjabis and not ethnic Kashmiris (Koshur) from the valley.

Potwari language - eNotes.com Reference

In addition, Indian Punjabis have their variation of Pothowari/Pahari culture with the mountain Punjabis who reside in Himachal Pradesh which used to be part of Punjab before the Indian government split Indian Punjabi into present Indian Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Haryana. One of the Indian members, vks_gautam, mentioned that he is from this background.

Anyways, Omar was seemingly getting defensive because your trying to separate a specific branch of Punjabi culture from the rest of Punjabi culture and in turn trying to separate Punjabis more from one another when Pakistan already has enough division on ethnic lines in cities like Karachi.

Finally, you can continue trying to separate Pothowari culture from the rest of Punjabi culture but for the most part they are extremely similar.

i don't know from where you bring this pic.
women use chadar to cover their upper body part.wrap it around their body not just hang it

thats right but thats how pothohari look like when she cooking, cleaning, washing clothes, get foods from outside etc, i have seen it in azad kashmir. :)

I have to agree with infiltrator here......the majority of Pothowari-pahri-mirpuri culture is a lot like punjabi culture but with its own twist,just like other people of pakistan that speak punjabi.

nice thread :)
also, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potwari_language

which language does marassis in pakistani punjab speak. cause patowari language seems like the way marrassis speak here in desi punjab and gujjars aint considered punjabi here. they are mostly from rajashthan although they are muslim and can speak punjabi

Back
Top Bottom