What's new

POTENTIAL OF RENEWABLE ENERGIES IN PAKISTAN

That is only part of the solution. The government itself, and the military, are also culprits in not paying their power bills on time. Stealing by kundas requires improvements in law and order and civic sense to stop, which is a tall order indeed.
Oh you are so behind technology. now they tamper with digital meters to make meters slower. Or get off switches to turn off the meter reading while the electricity flows. I am in favour of electricity being given to areas with lower line losses.

Oh you are so behind technology. now they tamper with digital meters to make meters slower. Or get off switches to turn off the meter reading while the electricity flows. I am in favour of electricity being given to areas with lower line losses.

If only the people used their ingenuity for better purposes and not for cheating and stealing.

you might have lots of potential. .. but the point is how much you explore that potential. .. I have studied Irradiation maps of pakistan... in some areas Irradiation level crossed 7.5kwh/m2/day... with 5.5kwh/m2/day we are generating 1.6Mu to 1.9Mu a year per MW... varies depending upon on the panels efficiency, material and tracking system... with 7.5kwh/m2/day level... you can tap more electricity from sun... I must say your govt is stupid to ban Solar parks....

you might have lots of potential. .. but the point is how much you explore that potential. .. I have studied Irradiation maps of pakistan... in some areas Irradiation level crossed 7.5kwh/m2/day... with 5.5kwh/m2/day we are generating 1.6Mu to 1.9Mu a year per MW... varies depending upon on the panels efficiency, material and tracking system... with 7.5kwh/m2/day level... you can tap more electricity from sun... I must say your govt is stupid to ban Solar parks....
It was never about pointing out huge a lot of potential, obviously all of it cannot be harnessed, just to let the audience know there is more than enough, in many 'Renewable fields' that can end our energy problem, easily.

Other than solar and wind power, we are still hung up on using fossil fuels to turn the generator that actually produces amps.

A $200 10kva generator/alternator needs to spin at 1500-1800rpm to produce 230V and 40-55A. To turn this, a diesel or petrol engine is attached.

Hub motor (a variant of BLDC motor), is a very good alternative to fossil fuel engines. When high voltage (400v+) pure sine-wave controllers become readily available to spin this motor at these rpm (and above), petrol/diesel engine generators will become obsolete. Currently testing is being carried out by some and such a motor consumes mere 1.2amps at 600rpm spinning 30kg generator/alternator shaft with magnets. With the amperage the generator/alternator produces (<55A), it will not be difficult to loop the system to power the hub motor (consuming <6A). Hub motor uses low amps but high voltage, and produces a lot of torque.

Cue the 'scientists' claiming you can't generate more power than you put in.

Other than solar and wind power, we are still hung up on using fossil fuels to turn the generator that actually produces amps.

A $200 10kva generator/alternator needs to spin at 1500-1800rpm to produce 230V and 40-55A. To turn this, a diesel or petrol engine is attached.

Hub motor (a variant of BLDC motor), is a very good alternative to fossil fuel engines. When high voltage (400v+) pure sine-wave controllers become readily available to spin this motor at these rpm (and above), petrol/diesel engine generators will become obsolete. Currently testing is being carried out by some and such a motor consumes mere 1.2amps at 600rpm spinning 30kg generator/alternator shaft with magnets. With the amperage the generator/alternator produces (<55A), it will not be difficult to loop the system to power the hub motor (consuming <6A). Hub motor uses low amps but high voltage, and produces a lot of torque.

I think you are technical person.. May i ask what's the benefits if pakistan countinue with this expensive type of energy ? As far as i know about this topic let me try my level best.

Pakistan has an installed electricity generation capacity of 25,100 MW in 2017. The average demand is 22,000 MW and the shortfall was between 5,000 and 6,000 MW. Oil (35.2 per cent), hydel (29.9 per cent), gas (29 per cent), and nuclear, solar and imported (6 per cent) are the principal sources.
The Pakistan industries are getting max 22 rupies per unit and max 16 rupies per unit for homes. What does it mean that forget about the regional industrail compitition becuse current Govt of pakistan does not prefer hydel and cheap electricity even KPK is ready to transfer almost 350MW hydel to mainstream but fedreral Govt has been denying it for long time and busy for getting kickbacks to import LNG and Oil even for electricity too.

Now understand why loadshedding cant still be eradicated in my motherland

Pakistan electricity system depands on oil and gas specially during summar.
And right now pakistan circular debt is 1000 Arab Rupess which pakistan has to pay back to oil and gas industries those are now asking the payment from electricity industries of pakistan KESC, wapda and from 42 independent power producers (IPPs) that contribute significantly in electricity generation in Pakistan. So that Oil and gass industries would provide Oil and gas to the electricity industries of pakistan if pakistan govt pay back the circular debt.
  • Well the Question should be asked that why our electricity industries and IPPs are unable to pay back although there is no subsidy for electicity by the Govt now? Simple they all are involved in corruption and money lundering and they are one of the biggest source of lossing arround 10 billions dollor yearly of pakistan.
Now what is the solution?
As we know KSA and iran economy mostly based on Oil However pakistan and india economy based on Water.. Believe me there is no solution until unless pakistan does not build the dams. Nearly 3500 major / medium dams and barrages had been constructed in India by the year 2018.
And almost 7 thousands dams in china too.

If pakistan does not emphasize on water based economy that means pakistan cant be a more productive in aggriculture, industries etc anymore.

PMLN and PPP with their kleptocrats within system and in bureaucracy are responsibles.

Janab bohat Aag Bhari hoe hai is dil mai.. Kaha tak suno gay kaha tak sunao.ab sunne sunany ka time khatam.. In beghairto ko thekany lagana hai pakistan ki baqa k lia. Agr in mai kuch sudharty hain tuo sudharny ka pora moqa diya jae ga warna Nhi tuo in ki mout pakki hai mustaqbil mai wo bhi zalalat k sath.

There are about 948 big crocodile those are responsible of money lundering, offshore companies and their supporters about 3500+ public office holders and bureaucrats... They all are responsible to suck pakistan's resources and money and then invest in EU and UEA..

In se inka sab kuch chin lo.. Zara bhi reham dekhnay ki zarort nhi....

@WAJsal What is your opinion about it ?

It's not about potential.
It's about having idiots running the country
Every badmash is an MNA MPA etc. Don't you see their posters at elections. Total jahils.

First we must change them them then we can change our country. But most continue to vote for idiots like NS POP AND IK

Hon Sir,

This is not a claim; it is an undeniable fact. Power /energy can't be created out of 'Nothing' that is you cannot produce more power than you put in.

For the record, when you produce electricity by burning fossil fuels, only fraction of the heat content (energy) of the fuel is converted into electric power (energy). Most efficient plants are the combined cycle gas turbines (CCGT) where about 60% of the heat content is converted into electric power.

Maximum efficiency of Solar panels to the best of my info is about 30%, the average being close to 20%. In other words, only 30% of the energy contained in the sunlight is converted into electric power.

Wind turbines on the average convert about 45% of the energy of the wind passing through blades into electricity. 50% efficiency at the optimum conditions is possible.

A typical nuclear power plant converts only 35% of the heat energy generated in nuclear reaction to power. However, modern designs claim to be about 45% efficient.

On the other hand, you appear to be suggesting that it is possible to put in say 10 KW and produce 11KW in using a Hub motor via a loop system!!!

I humbly suggest that you patent this process; it would certainly earn you a Nobel Prize.

This is not a claim; it is an undeniable fact.

Please enlighten us as to how millions of volts are produced at the power plant!

Do you know the RPM the generator needs to turn at (a fossil fuel or hydro powerplant) to produce a few million volts that go through the Transmission Lines!? Please do some basic maths and present that in next reply. What RPM and how many poles and how many winds of the coils and how many coils in that generator? Answers please!

Then think about how the frequency of those millions of volts is adjusted to 50 or 60hz?

Please enlighten us as to how millions of volts are produced at the power plant!

Do you know the RPM the generator needs to turn at (a fossil fuel or hydro powerplant) to produce a few million volts that go through the Transmission Lines!? Please do some basic maths and present that in next reply. What RPM and how many poles and how many winds of the coils and how many coils in that generator? Answers please!

Then think about how the frequency of those millions of volts is adjusted to 50 or 60hz?

Sir,

Any 2nd-year science student will tell you that electric generator works on the principle of electromagnetic induction discovered by Michael Faraday in 1831-32.

This is not a question of how you produce electricity. My point is that the generator/alternator does not ‘CREATE’ electricity. Instead, it uses the mechanical energy supplied to via a torque generated by wind turbine/steam turbine/ water fall to force the movement of electric charges present in the wire of its windings through a magnetic field. This flow of electric charges constitutes the output electric current supplied by the generator. This mechanism is like a water pump, which causes the flow of water but does not actually ‘create’ the water flowing through it.

This is simply a process of converting mechanical energy into electric power. Efficiency is the percentage of power used to turn the turbine thru water, wind or stream or gas turbine converted into electric power. In all cases, electric power generated is only a fraction of the input.

You are welcome to believe what you will. I can only repeat that should you insist that you can generate more power than what you put in; as suggested earlier, please get your power plant patented, you would not only get the Nobel Prize you would become richer than Bill Gates.

I have no more to say on this subject

Hon Sir,

This is not a claim; it is an undeniable fact. Power /energy can't be created out of 'Nothing' that is you cannot produce more power than you put in.

For the record, when you produce electricity by burning fossil fuels, only fraction of the heat content (energy) of the fuel is converted into electric power (energy). Most efficient plants are the combined cycle gas turbines (CCGT) where about 60% of the heat content is converted into electric power.

Maximum efficiency of Solar panels to the best of my info is about 30%, the average being close to 20%. In other words, only 30% of the energy contained in the sunlight is converted into electric power.

Wind turbines on the average convert about 45% of the energy of the wind passing through blades into electricity. 50% efficiency at the optimum conditions is possible.

A typical nuclear power plant converts only 35% of the heat energy generated in nuclear reaction to power. However, modern designs claim to be about 45% efficient.

On the other hand, you appear to be suggesting that it is possible to put in say 10 KW and produce 11KW in using a Hub motor via a loop system!!!

I humbly suggest that you patent this process; it would certainly earn you a Nobel Prize.
Seems eminent scientist :water car engineer : ,is with us !!! ☺️

Back
Top Bottom