What's new

POTENTIAL OF RENEWABLE ENERGIES IN PAKISTAN

Sir,

Any 2nd-year science student will tell you that electric generator works on the principle of electromagnetic induction discovered by Michael Faraday in 1831-32.

This is not a question of how you produce electricity. My point is that the generator/alternator does not ‘CREATE’ electricity. Instead, it uses the mechanical energy supplied to via a torque generated by wind turbine/steam turbine/ water fall to force the movement of electric charges present in the wire of its windings through a magnetic field. This flow of electric charges constitutes the output electric current supplied by the generator. This mechanism is like a water pump, which causes the flow of water but does not actually ‘create’ the water flowing through it.

This is simply a process of converting mechanical energy into electric power. Efficiency is the percentage of power used to turn the turbine thru water, wind or stream or gas turbine converted into electric power. In all cases, electric power generated is only a fraction of the input.

You are welcome to believe what you will. I can only repeat that should you insist that you can generate more power than what you put in; as suggested earlier, please get your power plant patented, you would not only get the Nobel Prize you would become richer than Bill Gates.

I have no more to say on this subject

Problem is that you are just focused on the power that's required to run the engine that's turning the generator/alternator. Also, what is electricity according to you - AC? 220v AC from the socket your computer is plugged in right now won't even travel as far as 100m through a wire!

Powerhouse tech is still with a handful companies. Can you get a schematic of a powerhouse anywhere detailing exactly what each part does? It is protected technology for a reason!

Tesla, the discoverer of AC (it is his hydro run generator at Niagra falls and all that's credited to Faraday), called it Amplification and Magnification. I guess a 2nd year science student knows more than Tesla!?

You can not produce 15 million volts with 50/60hz frequency as a direct output from any turbine/generator! Ask this 2nd year science student to design such a generator. Let me know what size he comes up to.

You can produce 220v with 50hz frequency and 50Amps relatively easily, and the shaft of generators need to be spun at 1500-1800rpm depending on the coil and magnets configuration! Now scale this up to 15 million volts with 50hz, and all that Amperage thrown in the equation too.

Please do not disengage from the conversation, just because of ego ... surely you have a 2nd year science bookworm to do the calcs. Come back with the calcs instead.

Back
Top Bottom