What's new

Potential Iranian-Turkish Conflict?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kajutyun

Reaction score
It's becoming increasingly clear that Iran and Turkey are growing more antagonistic towards each other. Reasons include:

- Turkey backs the Syrian rebels, which Iran finds to be meddlesome and against its regional interests.

- Turkey is shying away from Iranian oil

- Turkey hosts a NATO radar system

- Attacks by Kurdish rebels and "other forces" are becoming more frequent in Turkey. Western sources claim that Khamanei has ordered reprisals against Assad opponents.

- Not sure about this one, but Iraq could also be exacerbating relations. The Iranian backed Iraqi central government has reconsidered relations with Turkey over there relationship with Iraqi Kurdistan.

Thoughts? IMO, conflict can only escalate into open hostility of Turkey initiates. Otherwise, Iran will continue with covert missions.

What conflict?There isn't any Iran-Turkey war coming.Period.

Let me explain his mentality , Iran-Turkey war so hes country benefits somehow from this because he knows hes countries isolated and president is crying to open the border and Azerbaycan next to him is building a big army and prospering economically.

No conflict will ever happen. Both Iran and Turkey are idiots for wasting money and resources in the arab world, but that's the way it is now and that's the source of the friction.

The radar would happen even at the best of times, because of Turkey's duty to the West (they can't say no). As far as I know they're not staying away from IRanian oil, just 20 percent of it on the order of Washington in order to meet the new sanctions criteria.

The syria situation is where things get a bit sticky. Turkey wants al quida to win, Iran wants to keep Assad. Assad has already started to give arms to the PKK in response and the next step would be for Iran to do the same. We'll see.

Covert war, yes. They would not shy away from supporting Turkey's enemies.
They see Assad as a vital ally, one that they will do anything to protect.

Doubt Iran would start a war with Turkey no matter how much it hates Turkey's involvement in Syria. The last thing it needs is more enemies from the ME.

Covert war, yes. They would not shy away from supporting Turkey's enemies.
They see Assad as a vital ally, one that they will do anything to protect.

LMAO the Israeli is doing what Israeli's are famous for. Sh1t stirring between different countries... :rofl:

Iran and Turkey need to stay out of each others way. Not friends or enemies.

I don't understand why Muslims are fighting with each other. People, open your eyes cuz this is exactly what the West+ Zionists really want....

No conflict will ever happen. Both Iran and Turkey are idiots for wasting money and resources in the arab world, but that's the way it is now and that's the source of the friction.

The radar would happen even at the best of times, because of Turkey's duty to the West (they can't say no). As far as I know they're not staying away from IRanian oil, just 20 percent of it on the order of Washington in order to meet the new sanctions criteria.

The syria situation is where things get a bit sticky. Turkey wants al quida to win, Iran wants to keep Assad. Assad has already started to give arms to the PKK in response and the next step would be for Iran to do the same. We'll see.

You mean Turkey wants FSA to win. Not Al Qaeda. Al Qaeda just goes wherever it please.

I don't understand why Muslims are fighting with each other. People, open your eyes cuz this is exactly what the West really wants....

Learn your history and maybe you know why Muslims are killing each other over political differences.

Kajutyun do you mean open war?

If so how can it be , anything can but some things.

1. Iran going to concentrate on Turkey before Israel?

2. NATO

3. War over syria?

4. Iran economic problems
etc etc

Kajutyun do you mean open war?

If so how can it be , anything can but some things.

1. Iran going to concentrate on Turkey before Israel?

2. NATO

3. War over syria?

4. Iran economic problems
etc etc

5. Turkey's problems with the PKK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom