What's new

Postponement of Xi visit: execution of Quaid-e-Azam Apparel Park delayed

SBD-3

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Pakistan Readymade Garments Manufacturers and Exporters Association (PRGMEA) on Saturday observed that delay in Chinese President Xi Jinping's visit to Pakistan has halted the execution of Quaid-e-Azam Apparel Park which has been notified as Quaid-e-Azam Apparel Park Company by the Punjab government now.

The newly-appointed chairman of Quaid-e-Azam Apparel Business Council Sajid Slim Minhas, who is also former central chairman of PRGMEA, stated that garment sector is the biggest loser due to delay in Chinese President's visit, as Xi Jinping was to formally inaugurate several garment industry projects and Joint Ventures worth Rs 12 billion. He asked the government to give a clear time frame to end sit-ins, as majority of export orders are shifting to Bangla Desh, Burma and India due to political tension.

"The Chinese Ruyi Group was set to install a Denim Mill of 100 million metre per day, a Dying Mill of 100 million metre per day, besides launching a Coal Power Plant of 150MW in Faisalabad Industrial Estate, as the company has already acquired 1,000 acre of land there. The real issue is that the plan has got late when every day is important as the buyer is diverting to our competitors."

Sajid Minhas said that presently Bangla Desh is far ahead of us in garment sector and now Burma, Cambodia and India are our competitors. All these countries have announced to provide land for garment city to China to start investment. He said the country could not afford politics of protests and sit-ins, as the protests in Islamabad are not only damaging the country's image but also hurting its economy.

The garment industry leader said the postponement of the Chinese President's visit had put on hold agreements worth $32 billion, including Rs 12 billion projects of garment sector. He observed that the country is already facing energy crisis and it needs huge investment to boost power generation to meet industrial and domestic needs. He said CM Shahbaz Sharif is busy in flood related activities due to which the formal opening of Quaid-e-Azam Apparel Park is pending though the whole documentation of the park is completed.

The whole government machinery is engaged in political affairs and no one is available to have meetings with industrial bodies to listen their issues. He said the production activities are badly affected, reducing to almost 60 percent due to the prolonged suspension in energy supplies. PRGMEA Senior Vice Chairman Jawwad Chaudhry said international media is monitoring the whole situation; therefore, it would be wiser on part of the political players to show responsibility and commitment toward the country.-PR
Postponement of Xi visit: execution of Quaid-e-Azam Apparel Park delayed | Business Recorder

Economic growth under PML-N is death for PTI politics - they will do anything and everything to kill it. Power politics matters more than the interests of the country and its people.

Economic growth under PML-N is death for PTI politics - they will do anything and everything to kill it. Power politics matters more than the interests of the country and its people.

Isn't that sad?

Economic growth ought to be a uniting factor for our so called rehnumas rather than a divisive factor.

I just concluded a management training course organized by my corporate employer (I have had to shut down my textiles business - mainly due to electricity situation). Of the 40 or so management participants, we had 2 young and committed PTI workers. One of them kept interjecting PTI and PML-N references. The trainer ignored this, so did rest of us. But the pair would spare no moment - during lunch break, during tea break, they would keep trying to discuss politics.

I was aghast at coming to know that in PTI narrative cancellation of Chinese President's trip to Pakistan is actually a good thing. Why? Because evil Chinese were coming to destroy our economy with expensive Energy projects and some Pakistani & Chinese businessmen would have made a lot of money off the 'scam'. I shied away from any discussion - It was hurtful. One of them had the gall to suggest that poor man will suffer because of Chinese energy projects.

PTI people live in some other universe it seems.

@Horus

I just concluded a management training course organized by my corporate employer (I have had to shut down my textiles business - mainly due to electricity situation). Of the 40 or so management participants, we had 2 young and committed PTI workers. One of them kept interjecting PTI and PML-N references. The trainer ignored this, so did rest of us. But the pair would spare no moment - during lunch break, during tea break, they would keep trying to discuss politics.

I was aghast at coming to know that in PTI narrative cancellation of Chinese President's trip to Pakistan is actually a good thing. Why? Because evil Chinese were coming to destroy our economy with expensive Energy projects and some Pakistani & Chinese businessmen would have made a lot of money off the 'scam'. I shied away from any discussion - It was hurtful. One of them had the gall to suggest that poor man will suffer because of Chinese energy projects.

@Horus

They hate evil Amrika ( whole west actually ). And now even China is evil. Are they planning Pakistani version of Juche if they come to power ..?

@Horus
They hate evil Amrika ( whole west actually ). And now even China is evil. Are they planning Pakistani version of Juche if they come to power ..?

He is right. The new slogan in China Pak Dosti is "Pakistan China relationship deeper than ocean, sweeter than honey with interest rates taller than mountains."

check this:Power requirement: Higher return on energy projects surprises senators – The Express Tribune

Back
Top Bottom