What's new

Post your non Anatolian Turkish ancestry

Paternal: Nomad Turks from southern Afyon Karahisar region but according to old family members, they were originally from Antalya's Güllük mountains.

Maternal: Their mentality is "what is past is past I care about future" so I was not able to get detailed information about our maternal past :D but my grandpa said they were Yörüks(nomads) too, plus they they're living in an almost entirely Yörük region.

I suspect there might be Arab or African mixture too though, due to my pysical appearence :D

No dude I don't look like African, just some of my physical features reminds them, such as bushy hair, big lips.

Okay guys my turn. :)

Father side:

According to my father our Ancestors came from Sincan / Urumçi. They traveled below the Hazar Sea and entered Anatolia before 1071. They first settled in Konya region later they travelled in to Antalya region Manavgat/ Aksu. But weather was too hot and not suitable for animal breeding. They travelled to Afyon region Çay/Bolvadin. My great grandfather's 4 brother martyred in Çanakkale War. As he was crippled (at his youth a stone wall collapsed onto him ) Military didn't enroll him. He raided Greeks with his friends (on horse) when they reached Afyon.

I have family tree as a Autocad drawing, passed to me by father which i can trace my lineage to my 16th grand father. I treasure it a lot.

Mother's Side:

After Ottoman conquest of Egypt my mothers ancestors settled in Egypt who were previously residing in Anatolia. In 1790s A great great granddad moved to Crete to have a better work. He first settled in Ziga village. Later on they travelled and settled in Candia town. Around 1890's when Nationalism was on rise, Greeks began to assault Turkish villagers. At some time Greeks killed a Turkish İmam.. My granddad's grandad Ali who were built up and a "Kabadayı" in a night went to Greek village and killed 15 Greeks whom participated in attacks, by raiding their homes. He put their heads in a bag and went to Ottoman Kadı of that area. He opened the bag and dropped the heads on the ground. Ottoman Kadı said " Well done, lion..... from now on you shall be known as Black Lion" ...... Karaarslan, ( after decleration of Rebuplic, they take that nick for their surname). After the killings Ali had been a target for Greeks Fearing for his family's safety he travelled to Bodrum, later to Manisa.

And this concludes my lineage. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom