What's new

Post a picture of yourself

why do you regret your choice?

Because I don't always have that burning desire and feeling of having chosen something that I am truly passionate about. In order to be truly successful you need a big load of passion. Discipline which I also lack to some degree will not do it alone or knowledge. You need to perform that bit of extra, work those extra hours than most others in your field to outcompete your "enemies". On the job market we are all competitors. There are no favors at universities either. Everybody is competing against one another and in my particular filed and university there is a sickening focus on grades and competition. It can get tiring on the long run. It's basically a hostile environment where failure is not an option.

you have heard well my friend :agree:

Gentoo+Penguin.JPG

Really? :whistle:

Did you know that it is considered disrespectful to enter a Catholic church wearing shorts or even a hat?

Great. Another engineer. The forum is full of us. I don't necessary plan to be tied to my field of study either. In fact I have days where I regret my choice but I guess things are as they are. Anyway have to go otherwise I am really at danger of failing badly especially considering my nerves.

There nuns cover their heads and breasts, but hey Muslims are lunatics so our Hijaab and covering ethics will always be criticized. Even today in France, nuns cover their heads without being fined

Well you could still do a job in Aramco. In Qatar, there was no embeded systems industry, so I had to switch over.

Yes but I would say "disrespectful" has slightly different meanings depending on where you are. I have interpreted it to be much more serious/negative when being discussed in a religious matter in conservative Middle East cultures.

True although I was reprimanded for wearing shorts in Milano when we visited the Cathedral. Which surprised me a bit. But you have to respect the local customs. Next time I know.
Anyway it's true what they say about the world becoming a smaller and smaller place by each year and people becoming more and more alike. Not sure if it is a good or bad thing….

Anyway I am off to bed.

There nuns cover their heads and breasts, but hey Muslims are lunatics so our Hijaab and covering ethics will always be criticized. Even today in France, nuns cover their heads without being fined

Well you could still do a job in Aramco. In Qatar, there was no embeded systems industry, so I had to switch over.

I don't get the phobia about headscarfs either. I mean come on. They have not killed yet.

Yes, we will see. Right now I might fail badly so that's not in my mind. Absolutely final post.

Because I don't always have that burning desire and feeling of having chosen something that I am truly passionate about. In order to be truly successful you need a big load of passion. Discipline which I also lack to some degree will not do it alone or knowledge. You need to perform that bit of extra, work those extra hours than most others in your field to outcompete your "enemies". On the job market we are all competitors. There are no favors at universities either. Everybody is competing against one another and in my particular filed and university there is a sickening focus on grades and competition. It can get tiring on the long run. It's basically a hostile environment where failure is not an option.
But I think it is like that with every bachelor or master degrees you take. Is it not?

@atatwolf @mafiya Dont quote :D

Gone
awwww :D

The reason the Hijab is controversial, at least here in the US, is not because it is an Islamic thing specifically. But I wont ruin my favorite PDF thread I have seen so far be spoiled by more serious discussion :P

Back
Top Bottom