What's new

Possible indigenous Egyptian radar.

Philip the Arab

Reaction score
Country
Jordan
So, I was looking through a video put out by the Egyptian military and came across what looks like a short range radar or maybe an airport radar but I'm not exactly sure. Back in December of 2018 Egypt came out with a medium range radar, and somehow this looks like a scaled down version of it. They announced that a 350KM radar would be unveiled in 2020 but this is much too small to be it so I'm not sure exactly what it is.

250km range radar unveiled in 2018
116-183657-egypt-radar-military-industries_700x400.jpeg

At the timestamp 1:36 to 1:39 you can see the radar spinning.
Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 3.09.48 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 3.09.47 PM.png

If this is what I think it is it could be very good news for the Egyptian industry, SHORAD could use this for finding targets especially IR based SAMs, and AAA guns.

In theory, it could be M113 mounted for example allowing this SPAAG to find targets and engage with its missiles.

DmBPCMAWwAEMeAp

ESR-32A can be a mobile or fixed system. Keep your eye out for a new 3D, 450 km radar to be unveiled at EDEX 2020 in December.
I know that it is mobile or fixed but ESR-32A is more for long range air deense, but this is way too small to be it don't you think. Look at the size difference and the platform difference between the two. The software is also different. This seems like a new development of a short range system but we will see at EDEX 2020 InshAllah.

I know that it is mobile or fixed but ESR-32A is more for long range air deense, but this is way too small to be it don't you think. Look at the size difference and the platform difference between the two. The software is also different. This seems like a new development of a short range system but we will see at EDEX 2020 InshAllah.

That's pretty much it. Had to go back and dig through some pics and info but these were the banner adds at the EDEX and shows the same unit.

- 2D L Band
- Range: 250km
- Altitude: 12km

DtjICAGX4AEZYjf

DtjH99wWwAA2xSi

DtjGuX8WwAAvgaY

DtjWnpXXcAEjQ_E

Dtljv3uXQAYwaUW

Dtljx5YW4AAInj7

That's pretty much it. Had to go back and dig through some pics and info but these were the banner adds at the EDEX and shows the same unit.

- 2D L Band
- Range: 250km
- Altitude: 12km

DtjICAGX4AEZYjf

DtjH99wWwAA2xSi

DtjGuX8WwAAvgaY

DtjWnpXXcAEjQ_E

Dtljv3uXQAYwaUW

Dtljx5YW4AAInj7
Doesn't the size look a lot smaller? I would think the same thing but this system seems like it could fit on a Ford F150.

screenshot-2020-06-30-at-3-09-47-pm-png.646536

DtjH99wWwAA2xSi

Last edited:
Doesn't the size look a lot smaller? I would think the same thing but this system seems like it could fit on a Ford F150.

screenshot-2020-06-30-at-3-09-47-pm-png.646536

That one is just a small mock-up display at the Air Defense College where they use it to teach the basics of the structure and experiment etc. That's not the real thing. This one below is the real thing. That box it's mounted on is the actual room for command and control. You can take the whole thing and transport it as is and use it wherever need be, like that display picture showing it on the trailer/hauler.

DtjH99wWwAA2xSi

That one is just a small mock-up display at the Air Defense College where they use it to teach the basics of the structure and experiment etc. That's not the real thing. This one below is the real thing. That box it's mounted on is the actual room for command and control. You can take the whole thing and transport it as is and use it wherever need be, like that display picture showing it on the trailer/hauler.

DtjH99wWwAA2xSi
That explains it.

That explains it.

Sorry I didn't know you were talking about that little one, lol. I thought you meant the main prototype model was too small and in reality it kinda is for a capability of 250 km detection. That's really outstanding and the Egyptian military just has so much experience with radars and air defense as you well know from all the wars and the successes in the latter part of the war of attrition but especially in 1973.

Sorry I didn't know you were talking about that little one, lol. I thought you meant the main prototype model was too small and in reality it kinda is for a capability of 250 km detection. That's really outstanding and the Egyptian military just has so much experience with radars and air defense as you well know from all the wars and the successes in the latter part of the war of attrition but especially in 1973.
So that little one that is human sized is it for the air college or could it be a new development? This video I discovered is from recently(engineer are wearing masks) and I'm not sure what it is for. Please watch the video and decide for me what you think. Personally, it seems to be a small radar for short range.

Timestamp is 1:36-1:39

Last edited:
So that little one that is human sized is it for the air college or could it be a new development? This video I discovered is from recently(engineer are wearing masks) and I'm not sure what it is for. Please watch the video and decide for me what you think. Personally, it seems to be a small radar for short range.

Timestamp is 1:36-1:39

There are some speculations .... that Radar is a short ranged one .... and it will be the base of Egyptian Air Defense system .

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom