What's new

Possibility of a nuclear test near Pak India Border

reminds me of the days when i joined pdf as a 15 year old kid ages ago who thought nukes were the answer to all of our problems
unfortunately many veteran members with thousands of posts still think that nukes are a solution to everything....

The Nuclear Deterrence is only against Indian Nuclear Deterrence.Pakistan only develop Nuclear Weapons after Indians developed the bomb and we could not have been blackmailed by them on every front. Conventionally They are not USA or Russia and we don't need to prove anything w.r.t India. We can counter them Conventionally any day. No need for any such test

Hi,

FM Shah Mehmood Qureshi recently pointed out another possible attack from Indian side. I think to deescalate current situation, a nuclear test is needed near Pak India border possibly in a dessert area. Nuclear Power was a great deterrence until India crossed LOC. Now we need to highlight our nuclear power again to strike fear in to the hearts of our enemies. This test should be conducted closer to Pak India border so that Indians should feel the shockwaves or earth quake on their side.

This act although is a great demonstration of power, has it’s own negative side as well. It will draw negative attention from western powers and we may face some sanctions as well.

What you guys think?

oh bhai, you do realize a desert close to border will become a wasteland and the radiations will travel for hundreds of miles and affect people every where?

Exploding a nuke is desperation, and we are not desperate. We got the upper hand right now and we don't need to invite criticism for going nuclear. Only idiots will make such a mistake...

Brilliant generals have brought your country to its knees, AGAIN, after having it split in two. They messed with a superpower sitting right next door, collecting billions from them while hurting them at the same time. I don't know what in the world they were thinking, can anyone explain to me why OBL was discovered right near your premier military academy? How old were the generals when they decided to do whatever it was they did? 15?

Btw, this is not aimed at you, but something that should remind you of the caliber of leadership you have sitting in GHQ for the last 70 years! They literally think that if Pakistan doesn't test ICBM and focuses only India, West will leave it alone? Tell me, why does the US not attack Iran out of fear, but has no problem sneaking into Pakistan, abduct people, kill Pakistani troops & civilians? Matter of fact, everyone (Afghanistan, Iran, India) seem to be doing these things these days. Pakistan has no self-respect left anymore.

In case you did not notice, your economy is already crippled. Pakistan suffers from a very low export-to-GDP ratio. Bad trade deals like FTA with China, another gift from a general, exacerbated this problem. Perhaps inviting sanctions from the world, can help you cut your imports down by allowing you to give the middle finger to the WTO. That way if you stop imports, other countries have no point in retaliating because you already sanctioned.

Plus, you can default on your foreign loans without giving a crap. Did you know right now, you have cases pending against you in international arbitration courts -related to Reko Diq, Karkey power-plants, etc? You have pretty much lost these cases and will soon owe another $10-15 billion dollars! So even if PTI succeeds in paying off some loans, you will literally go back to square one in 1-2 years! All of this was done via corruption, you are going to pay even bigger price thanks to PPP's corruption. You are also stuck with IPP & RPP (rental power plants) that were brought to you by corruption. They literally produce little electricity but Pakistan pays them full price. If you stop, they take you to international court and get another billion from you! Corruption has screwed Pakistan badly and international finance system will make sure that you will suffer the consequences for decades. Your debt will go from $90 billion to $100+ billion really soon thanks to corruption, do you really think Pakistani people should pay for this? Why, because you want to remain in WTO?

You might as well test right now and tell these international arbitration courts to go screw themselves. There is no benefit in Pakistan staying inside WTO, and interest-based financial system.

Your major imports are oil. As I mentioned, GCC countries will step in to cover that as they have done in the past after nuclear tests, especially if you demonstrate ICBM with thermonuclear weapon. Your exports to EU & US will take a hit. However, remember this, right now Pakistan needs cold-hard cash which Saudi will provide if you prove yourself worthy. Waiting for exports to grow, will take many years. Your debts maturing and increasing thanks to Pakistan losing international cases, will take less time. You are going bankrupt now. Testing will allow you to tell your creditors to screw themselves and will bring cash-flow from Arab Sheikhs.

Also, this can also be opportunity for you to boost your exports to the Muslim world and actually help push for economic alliance. GCC countries can assist there. You can also work on improving your self-sufficiency. Look at Russia, it's sanctioned, but surviving and now their agricultural industry is booming. North Koreans are pariah, yet they can build underground subways whereas Pakistan cannot? Why is Pakistan so behind in engineering? It hasn't allowed it's local industry to develop, by allowing every foreign country to come in and crush local industry. Sanctions may be your friend in this case, they can help you grow local industry.

Also, keep in mind, US is trying hard to leave the country next door. They need Pakistan's help to leave and will always be under pressure from Pakistan to let Afghanistan remain stable after they leave. So you see, US made the sanctions go away because it needed Pakistan in 2001 for WoT. Now it needs it again post-withdrawal. In fact, look at how nicely Trump recently described Pakistan & Imran Khan, lol. You will be sanctioned, but unless US wants to stay another decade, they will drop the sanctions.
How is any of this related to whatever I said in the post you quoted me in

Hi,

FM Shah Mehmood Qureshi recently pointed out another possible attack from Indian side. I think to deescalate current situation, a nuclear test is needed near Pak India border possibly in a dessert area. Nuclear Power was a great deterrence until India crossed LOC. Now we need to highlight our nuclear power again to strike fear in to the hearts of our enemies. This test should be conducted closer to Pak India border so that Indians should feel the shockwaves or earth quake on their side.

This act although is a great demonstration of power, has it’s own negative side as well. It will draw negative attention from western powers and we may face some sanctions as well.

What you guys think?
giphy (1).gif

Hi,

What you guys think?
On what drug you are high?

We are dealing with falling economy and you want that world put sanctions on us and India achieve its aim without fighting?
World knows we have more nuclear warheads than India and our missiles are more capable.

I would disagree with this. Pakistan does have a LOT to prove. The yields in the nuclear tests were very low and the method of testing multiple weapons simultaneously was not a good idea. Please read this (https://fas.org/nuke/guide/pakistan/nuke/). Other seismic monitoring stations dispute the yields quoted by Pakistan and are significantly off the officially stated yield. The yields of the bombs dropped on Hiroshima/Nagasaki were bigger. In fact the recent North Korean tests had a much bigger yield if I'm not mistaken.

Pakistan would need to detonate the ICBM over the Indian Ocean, not over land. Note that US & France detonated their nuclear fission devices on land. Whereas their thermonuclear devices were always tested out in the Pacific Ocean. Since the yield is always 1 Megaton or more and there have been cases of runaway yield (which ended up killing physicists), testing out in oceans near small islands has been preferred.

Saudi & GCC are puppets, no disagreement with you there. However, they are willing to pay anything for their defense. They are heading towards isolation, bit by bit. the Kashoggi incident, war on Yemen losing support in US Congress, etc. Eventually, they will realize only way to protect themselves is to cough up billions to Pakistan.

They have bankrolled Pakistan's nuke program and got back-stabbed when they asked for help in Yemen. Pakistan has not demonstrated what is required to be a fully-fledged nuclear power - i.e- ICBM/SLBM mated with thermonuclear weapon. It cannot target everywhere. Hence a nuclear umbrella from Pakistan is useless at this point in time. Equation changes once Pakistan does the minimum to be a fully-fledged nuclear power. Right now, it's not one, it's a half-baked nuclear power.

Brilliant generals have brought your country to its knees, AGAIN, after having it split in two. They messed with a superpower sitting right next door, collecting billions from them while hurting them at the same time. I don't know what in the world they were thinking, can anyone explain to me why OBL was discovered right near your premier military academy? How old were the generals when they decided to do whatever it was they did? 15?

Btw, this is not aimed at you, but something that should remind you of the caliber of leadership you have sitting in GHQ for the last 70 years! They literally think that if Pakistan doesn't test ICBM and focuses only India, West will leave it alone? Tell me, why does the US not attack Iran out of fear, but has no problem sneaking into Pakistan, abduct people, kill Pakistani troops & civilians? Matter of fact, everyone (Afghanistan, Iran, India) seem to be doing these things these days. Pakistan has no self-respect left anymore.

In case you did not notice, your economy is already crippled. Pakistan suffers from a very low export-to-GDP ratio. Bad trade deals like FTA with China, another gift from a general, exacerbated this problem. Perhaps inviting sanctions from the world, can help you cut your imports down by allowing you to give the middle finger to the WTO. That way if you stop imports, other countries have no point in retaliating because you already sanctioned.

Plus, you can default on your foreign loans without giving a crap. Did you know right now, you have cases pending against you in international arbitration courts -related to Reko Diq, Karkey power-plants, etc? You have pretty much lost these cases and will soon owe another $10-15 billion dollars! So even if PTI succeeds in paying off some loans, you will literally go back to square one in 1-2 years! All of this was done via corruption, you are going to pay even bigger price thanks to PPP's corruption. You are also stuck with IPP & RPP (rental power plants) that were brought to you by corruption. They literally produce little electricity but Pakistan pays them full price. If you stop, they take you to international court and get another billion from you! Corruption has screwed Pakistan badly and international finance system will make sure that you will suffer the consequences for decades. Your debt will go from $90 billion to $100+ billion really soon thanks to corruption, do you really think Pakistani people should pay for this? Why, because you want to remain in WTO?

You might as well test right now and tell these international arbitration courts to go screw themselves. There is no benefit in Pakistan staying inside WTO, and interest-based financial system.

Your major imports are oil. As I mentioned, GCC countries will step in to cover that as they have done in the past after nuclear tests, especially if you demonstrate ICBM with thermonuclear weapon. Your exports to EU & US will take a hit. However, remember this, right now Pakistan needs cold-hard cash which Saudi will provide if you prove yourself worthy. Waiting for exports to grow, will take many years. Your debts maturing and increasing thanks to Pakistan losing international cases, will take less time. You are going bankrupt now. Testing will allow you to tell your creditors to screw themselves and will bring cash-flow from Arab Sheikhs.

Also, this can also be opportunity for you to boost your exports to the Muslim world and actually help push for economic alliance. GCC countries can assist there. You can also work on improving your self-sufficiency. Look at Russia, it's sanctioned, but surviving and now their agricultural industry is booming. North Koreans are pariah, yet they can build underground subways whereas Pakistan cannot? Why is Pakistan so behind in engineering? It hasn't allowed it's local industry to develop, by allowing every foreign country to come in and crush local industry. Sanctions may be your friend in this case, they can help you grow local industry.

Also, keep in mind, US is trying hard to leave the country next door. They need Pakistan's help to leave and will always be under pressure from Pakistan to let Afghanistan remain stable after they leave. So you see, US made the sanctions go away because it needed Pakistan in 2001 for WoT. Now it needs it again post-withdrawal. In fact, look at how nicely Trump recently described Pakistan & Imran Khan, lol. You will be sanctioned, but unless US wants to stay another decade, they will drop the sanctions.

Test needs to be done out in Indian Ocean. Only issue is that Pakistan needs to send ships nearby to accurately measure yield of tests and record/gather more data for future use. 1998 tests were useless, yields were insignificant, test was mostly political and rushed. Full-fledged nuclear powers go all the way and test ICBM with thermonuclear weapons and they take care to capture data from hot tests.

OBL was caught inside Pakistan, it has no image to begin with.

I could not agree with you more. A perfectly summed up reply.

Those who are opposing nuclear test need to grow some balls.

On what drug you are high?

We are dealing with falling economy and you want that world put sanctions on us and India achieve its aim without fighting?
World knows we have more nuclear warheads than India and our missiles are more capable.

Power of Emaan is my drug. You must try sometime too.

The thing is we are not Iran nor North Korea. We need to realise our strategic importance. If the world is not taking notice of Indian planned aggression and are siding with them than we should remind them of our capabilities. If India can destroy satellite attracting criticism from whole over the world then we should grow some balls and test a strategic weapon.

oh bhai, you do realize a desert close to border will become a wasteland and the radiations will travel for hundreds of miles and affect people every where?

Exploding a nuke is desperation, and we are not desperate. We got the upper hand right now and we don't need to invite criticism for going nuclear. Only idiots will make such a mistake...

We can conduct underground test. I am not suggesting to do this on open ground. We even don’t need to publicise this test as western powers have all the technologies to detect such tests.

The next wave of attack from India will have full support of Israel and US and it will be much larger than you think. US can or have already provided jamming capabilities which would make our radars and AWACS blind during conflict. This time our loss will be much bigger than what Indians witnessed last time.

I live in Karachi and I have noticed unusual movements of our AWACS. I can’t tell what I have seen but mark my words, next wave of attack will target our airborne AWACS first.

If we don’t conduct a test of our strategic weapons now than we will be solely responsible for any negative outcome we are going to face.

Genius how do you think India only will feel the shockwave or earthquake and it will not have any effect on Pakistan ? Is it mentioned anywhere in your holy book (I hope so as every Muslim says it has everything in it) to define the epicenter too ?

Dude you don’t need to be a genius to understand what I said.

We don't need to do any nuclear test as we don't need prove anyone who we are as we are powerful Muslim NUCLEAR POWER.

Then we use multiple tactical nuclear weapons on incoming enemies.
Brilliant generals made another blunder by introducing tactical nuclear weapons like NASR. The whole point of nuclear deterrent is to impose ghastly consequences on India in case they try to split Pakistan in half by nuking cities like Mumbai, etc. Incredibly smart generals in establishment thought inventing tactical nukes, something that western countries had phased out, would prevent Indians from launching armored thrusts inside Pakistan. Issue is that you have exposed "nuclear bluff" to India. You have demonstrated that you are hesitant or too afraid to use your nukes on their cities. Now they are emboldened to attack, that's why they sent Mirages and bombed Balakot. They crosses the international border, not LoC, and bomb your territory. You can thank the establishment for this blunder. The solution is to scrap NASR and go back to big bombs and draw clear lines in the sand, under which scenarios you will use nuclear weapons. Pakistan will be treated with respect and all of these violations of your border will come to an end if the establishment can grow pair of balls.
Nuclear test? Why? How would that help? If India is coming for war they already know we have nukes and a test will never stop them. Sorry wrong idea. Once you are a nuclear power another test will determine what?

By doing a nuclear test Pakistan would be helping India. India when did its nuclear tests was not able to test high yield war heads and Indians are desperate to test their war heads. where as Pakistan has tested it's devices and have validated them. Why would you give India opportunity to test its war heads as well in real time.
Indians, like much of the world, doubt the yields officially stated by Pakistan. The true yield of the 1998 tests are probably some of the lowest ever. This is because the tests were a knee-jerk reaction to India. It seems that's the only thing establishment does when it comes to india, knee-jerk reaction.

Even North Korea beat Pakistan in terms of yield. Indians have tested a device of around 30 kilotons (~2 x Hiroshima size), so they are already determined to be a nuclear power. Indians can feel free to test, Pakistan never doubted their weapon capabilities. On the other hand, others doubt Pakistan. Pakistan needs to remove these doubts.
How is any of this related to whatever I said in the post you quoted me in
You are mocking the people on this thread who press the need for testing. You consider them to be 15 year old. I simply showed you that your establishment generals- who by the way lost half of your country 1971 with their failed policies, joined a war that cost 70,000 lives & $200+ billions in economic damages, directly or indirectly brought OBL raid, and much more - are the reason why Pakistan is in so much dirt.

The people advocating ICBM & nuclear tests are similar to the people who did so for US, USSR, France, UK, China, India, North Korea, Israel. Why is it when it comes to Pakistan, people who advocate the normal course for a nuclear power are mocked & ridiculed? Why can't Pakistan become a full-fledged nuclear power like all the other nuclear powers? Pakistan has a habit of bending over to appease others, that's why the country doesn't have any respect left. What good are you nuclear weapons when even Afghan & Irani troops come in and kill people or at least threaten to do so.

You can test it once you get it from China,until you have to wait. A country which cannot make a moped engine is dreaming of making thermonuclear weapon.
If Pakistan can't make nuclear weapons, why don't you Indians launch an invasion and end it already? By the way, did you know that India failed to detonate a hydrogen bomb? Your physicists failed to make a proper thermonuclear device, despite testing twice. Before lecturing Pakistan, perhaps India should worry about its own nuclear test yields which are also extremely low, especially compared to China and even North Korea. No Indian test had a nuclear yield greater than the recent North Korean test, lol.

Indians, like much of the world, doubt the yields officially stated by Pakistan. The true yield of the 1998 tests are probably some of the lowest ever. This is because the tests were a knee-jerk reaction to India. It seems that's the only thing establishment does when it comes to india, knee-jerk reaction.

Even North Korea beat Pakistan in terms of yield. Indians have tested a device of around 30 kilotons (~2 x Hiroshima size), so they are already determined to be a nuclear power. Indians can feel free to test, Pakistan never doubted their weapon capabilities. On the other hand, others doubt Pakistan. Pakistan needs to remove these doubts.

Please don't engage on topics you are not informed about. It is better to put a question mark in the end of your Query.

Please don't engage on topics you are not informed about. It is better to put a question mark in the end of your Query.
https://fas.org/nuke/guide/pakistan/nuke/

"At the time, the Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO), which had only been established one year earlier, was already receiving data from its first seismic stations. Member States could therefore be provided with estimates of the time, location and magnitude of the event. In turn, they were able to use this information to estimate the yieldof the Pakistani tests, which were found to be relatively low: it ranged from nine to 12 kilotons for the first series of explosions, and from four to six kilotons for the single explosion."
https://www.ctbto.org/specials/testing-times/28-may-1998-pakistan-nuclear-tests

Last edited:
https://fas.org/nuke/guide/pakistan/nuke/

"At the time, the Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO), which had only been established one year earlier, was already receiving data from its first seismic stations. Member States could therefore be provided with estimates of the time, location and magnitude of the event. In turn, they were able to use this information to estimate the yieldof the Pakistani tests, which were found to be relatively low: it ranged from nine to 12 kilotons for the first series of explosions, and from four to six kilotons for the single explosion."
https://www.ctbto.org/specials/testing-times/28-may-1998-pakistan-nuclear-tests

I know you were going to post this that is why I said please it is better to ask questions.

In October 2015, Islamabad declared that it had developed tactical nuclear weapons. The Pakistani government has clarified that these would be used only in the event of a conflict with India. However, even though Pakistan had been suspected of building tactical nuclear weapons for many years, the official announcement has caused concern within the international community, especially in the United States. The weapons’ small size and yield have ignited concern over their possible destabilizing effects in a potential conflict with India. [27]

Pakistani lower yield nukes are also smaller in size and weight. Which is a more dangerous than a high yield bomb.

On May 28, 1998, Pakistan announced that it had conducted five underground
nuclear tests; it announced a sixth test on May 30. Yield estimates of the tests varied
widely. A.Q. Khan reportedly said one of the tests of May 28 had a yield of 30 to 35
kilotons, about twice that of the Hiroshima bomb.38 Samar Mobarik Mand, said to
be "the scientist who conducted Pakistan's nuclear test programme," reportedly placed
the yield of the May 28 tests at 40 to 45 kilotons, and that of the May 30 test at 15
to 18 kilotons.39 On the other hand, estimates based on seismic data placed the yield
of the May 28 tests at between eight and 15 kilotons.40 U.S. officials reportedly
"estimated the cumulative force of the Pakistani blast or blasts [of May 28] at between41
2 kilotons and 12 kilotons, and most likely 6 kilotons ..." For the May 30 test, some
reports placed the yield between 12 and 18 kilotons, but the CIA was said to have
estimated the yield at between one and five kilotons.42 Seismic data indicated a yield
of between zero (no detectable signal) and one kiloton.43 A later analysis by
seismologist Terry Wallace placed the yield of the May 28 explosion (or explosions)
at 9 to 12 kt, and that of the May 30 explosion at 4 to 6 kt.44

37 Tim Weiner, "U.S. and China Helped Pakistan Build Its Bomb," New York Times, June 1,
1998: 6.

38 John Kifner, "Pakistan Sets Off Atom Test Again, but Urges 'Peace,'" New York Times,
May 31, 1998: 8.
39 Tahir Ikram, "Pakistan Has New Missiles To Test — Reports," Reuters newswire, June
1, 1998, 4:15 A.M. Eastern Time.

40 William Broad, "Experts Say Pakistan Test Was Either Small or a Failure," New York
Times, May 31, 1998: 8.
41 R. Jeffrey Smith, "Analysts Skeptical of Pakistan's Claims," Washington Post, May 29,
1998: 33.

42 John Kifner, "Pakistan Sets Off Atom Test Again, but Urges 'Peace,'" New York Times,
May 31, 1998: 1.
43 William Broad, "Experts Say Pakistan Test Was Either Small or a Failure," New York
44 Wallace, "The May 1998 India and Pakistan Nuclear Tests."
While Pakistani statements and seismic data agree that there was only one test
on May 30, the number held on May 28 is disputed. In early reports of May 28,
Pakistan claimed two or three tests,45 a number it quickly revised to five.46 U.S.
analysts questioned the higher number. "Instead of five, 'it appears at least two'
bombs were tested, said one U.S. intelligence official..."47 Similarly, the New York
Times reported that "American intelligence officials said Pakistan had probably tested
only two weapons rather than the five announced."48 Wallace found seismic signals
that could correspond to two explosions, but discounts the plausibility of the second
one. 49
Because the yield appears lower than announced, it is unclear if the devices
performed as intended. According to a press report, U.S. officials said that the
estimated yield of the Pakistani test or tests of May 28, put by that report at most
likely six kilotons, "is less than what U.S. intelligence experts had estimated as the
likely yield of even one of the principal bombs in Pakistan's arsenal, raising questions
about whether the device or devices exploded by Pakistan had performed as
expected."5

please see here http://congressionalresearch.com/98-570/document.php/

On May 28, 1998, Pakistan announced that it had conducted five underground
nuclear tests; it announced a sixth test on May 30. Yield estimates of the tests varied
widely. A.Q. Khan reportedly said one of the tests of May 28 had a yield of 30 to 35
kilotons, about twice that of the Hiroshima bomb.38 Samar Mobarik Mand, said to
be "the scientist who conducted Pakistan's nuclear test programme," reportedly placed
the yield of the May 28 tests at 40 to 45 kilotons, and that of the May 30 test at 15
to 18 kilotons.39 On the other hand, estimates based on seismic data placed the yield
of the May 28 tests at between eight and 15 kilotons.40 U.S. officials reportedly
"estimated the cumulative force of the Pakistani blast or blasts [of May 28] at between41
2 kilotons and 12 kilotons, and most likely 6 kilotons ..." For the May 30 test, some
reports placed the yield between 12 and 18 kilotons, but the CIA was said to have
estimated the yield at between one and five kilotons.42 Seismic data indicated a yield
of between zero (no detectable signal) and one kiloton.43 A later analysis by
seismologist Terry Wallace placed the yield of the May 28 explosion (or explosions)
at 9 to 12 kt, and that of the May 30 explosion at 4 to 6 kt.44

37 Tim Weiner, "U.S. and China Helped Pakistan Build Its Bomb," New York Times, June 1,
1998: 6.

38 John Kifner, "Pakistan Sets Off Atom Test Again, but Urges 'Peace,'" New York Times,
May 31, 1998: 8.
39 Tahir Ikram, "Pakistan Has New Missiles To Test — Reports," Reuters newswire, June
1, 1998, 4:15 A.M. Eastern Time.

40 William Broad, "Experts Say Pakistan Test Was Either Small or a Failure," New York
41 R. Jeffrey Smith, "Analysts Skeptical of Pakistan's Claims," Washington Post, May 29,
1998: 33.

42 John Kifner, "Pakistan Sets Off Atom Test Again, but Urges 'Peace,'" New York Times,
May 31, 1998: 1.
43 William Broad, "Experts Say Pakistan Test Was Either Small or a Failure," New York
44 Wallace, "The May 1998 India and Pakistan Nuclear Tests."
While Pakistani statements and seismic data agree that there was only one test
on May 30, the number held on May 28 is disputed. In early reports of May 28,
Pakistan claimed two or three tests,45 a number it quickly revised to five.46 U.S.
analysts questioned the higher number. "Instead of five, 'it appears at least two'
bombs were tested, said one U.S. intelligence official..."47 Similarly, the New York
Times reported that "American intelligence officials said Pakistan had probably tested
only two weapons rather than the five announced."48 Wallace found seismic signals
that could correspond to two explosions, but discounts the plausibility of the second
one. 49
Because the yield appears lower than announced, it is unclear if the devices
performed as intended. According to a press report, U.S. officials said that the
estimated yield of the Pakistani test or tests of May 28, put by that report at most
likely six kilotons, "is less than what U.S. intelligence experts had estimated as the
likely yield of even one of the principal bombs in Pakistan's arsenal, raising questions
about whether the device or devices exploded by Pakistan had performed as
expected."5

please see here http://congressionalresearch.com/98-570/document.php/

First of all how many types of Nukes Pakistan has please answer me this.

First of all how many types of Nukes Pakistan has please answer me this.
First please tell me, did the yields match the stated targets? Why is there a big gap between what Pakistan scientists are claiming and what the west is saying? Please don't lecture me about tactical nukes, that's not what I was arguing for. your scientists are on record for claiming devices well above 20 kilotons, why is it the tests never reached that yield?

No one cares about quantity in this case. Issue is when your designs are not reliable based off of hot tests, your capability is in question. You can have 50 warheads that will fizzle, another 40 than can at best produce 2-5 Kt. When your tests have failed to meet minimum targets for nuclear weapons, your program is in question. This is why I have argued in the past, Pakistan should have continued tests after 1998 to ensure weapons work as expected.

Back
Top Bottom