What's new

Pope Urges Blasphemy-Law Repeal

Oh i see the POPE is talking , isn't he the one who gave immunity to the Thousands of rapists and child molesting priests in the name of Holy Father , Son , and the holy ghost ?

Isn't he the one who never speaks out against Israeli Nazism because he once was a nazi himself ?

Pope (The Holy See) is totally retarded he needs to stop intruding in our internal matters and focus on his church whilst letting our country run as we want to run it !

Do we go around and tell him how to run Vatican city , no we don't which means he should also put lid on his mouth & let us fix it democratically.

Last edited:
Oh i see the POPE is talking , isn't he the one who gave immunity to the Thousands of rapists and child molesting priests in the name of Holy Father , Son , and the holy ghost ?

Isn't he the one who never speaks out against Israeli Nazism because he once was a nazi himself ?

Pope is totally retarded he needs to stop intruding in our internal matters and focus on his church whilst letting our country run as we want to run it !

assalam alaikum

Thanks brother no need to add more

TARIQ

Sir TruthSeeker,

I wish you were here to defend some or respond to some of the questions which were put to you.

Show me just what The Pope brought that was new and there you will find things only bad and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached.

Pope (The Holy See) is totally retarded he needs to stop intruding in our internal matters and focus on his church whilst letting our country run as we want to run it !

Do we go around and tell him how to run Vatican city , no we don't which means he should also put lid on his mouth & let us fix it democratically.

The Pope is just doing his job.

In order to maintain credibility he has to be seen as the voice and protector of Catholicism and Christianity for his constituents.He must speak out against anything substantial effecting Christians in order to maintain respect and credibility for The Pope and The Vatican.

kill&

We believe in the Quran and Quran says this...

"The Prophet is closer to the Believers than even they themselves are." (Al Ahzab 33:6)

This is our faith.

Prophet Muhammad (saw) said "None of you can be a believer until I become dearer to him than his parents, his children and all people." (Hadith Bukhari #14)

The pope should know that, these laws are not meant to harass people on the basis of religion, sect or personal differences. The law is only meant to keep out people like Salman Rushdie and Taslima Nasreen from openly maligning our Prophet (saw) and Qur'an at least in Pakistan..

PS - Specifically regarding Aasia case, I completely agree with IK's opinion that we should consider her plea of apology in case she said in some disturbed mindset. There are numerous examples of the Prophet (saw) forgiving such people, and many examples of him punishing the notorious ones too...

In Christian-majority countries we see that atheists are free to openly curse and make fun of Jesus (as) which they do quite a lot, but we do not want such situation atleast in Pakistan.

As IK says - "Just like the Holocaust in Europe, there are 2 issues on which there should be no freedom of speech - the personality of Prophet Muhammad(saw) and discretion of the Qur'an"

In Europe and elsewhere in Christian majority lands, Christians are allowed to freely ring bells openly in Churches, while Muslims are denied call to Azaan, this is a fact, there is no need to argue. You have raised an issue which you have said without knowledge.

We even have a portion in the Flag which represents the minorities.

pakistan.jpg

Bhai, Jhanda to istri kar lo

Egypt recalls Vatican envoy over pope remarks - Yahoo! News

CAIRO (AFP) – Egypt is recalling its Vatican envoy for consultations over remarks by Pope Benedict XVI on Coptic Christians seen as an "interference" in its affairs, the foreign ministry said on Tuesday.

The action follows "new statements from the Vatican concerning Egypt which are considered by Egypt as unacceptable interference in its internal affairs," the ministry spokesman said in a statement.

The pontiff has expressed repeatedly his solidarity with the Copts and called on world leaders to protect them in the aftermath of a New Year's Day church bombing that killed 21 people as worshippers emerged from midnight mass in Alexandria.

"Egypt will not allow any non-Egyptian faction to interfere in its internal affairs under any pretext," the statement said. "The Coptic question is specifically an internal Egyptian affair."

The Vatican declined to comment on Egypt's decision

"I have nothing to say," spokesman Federico Lombardi told AFP.

A day after the attack on the Al-Qiddissin (The Saints) church, the pope appealed for the "concrete and constant engagement of leaders of nations," in what he termed a "difficult mission."

At his New Year's Day mass, Benedict underscored that "humanity cannot display resignation in the face of negative forces of selfishness and violence, it cannot get accustomed to conflicts which claim victims and endanger the future of people."

On Sunday Benedict again voiced solidarity with Egypt's Copts -- two days after they marked their Christmas, celebrated on January 7.

"I salute the Coptic faithful present here to whom I renew my expression of closeness," the pope told thousands of people gathered in Saint Peter's Square.

Then on Monday the pope said the attack was "yet another sign of the urgent need for the governments of the region to adopt... effective measures for the protection of religious minorities".

According to the Cairo statement, Foreign Minister Ahmed Abul Gheit wrote his Vatican counterpart after the church bombing saying Cairo "objects to any foreign bid" to use the attack to promote efforts to protect Middle East Christians.

Benedict had already come under harsh criticism for speaking out for the Copts.

Egypt's top Muslim cleric, Ahmed al-Tayeb, criticised the pope's call on world leaders to defend the Copts.

"I disagree with the pope's view, and I ask why did the pope not call for the protection of Muslims when they were subjected to killings in Iraq?" the Grand Imam of Al-Azhar, the oldest Islamic seat of learning and Sunni Muslim authority, told a news conference on January 2.

At the time the Vatican stressed that the pontiff had shown solidarity with the Coptic community as well as concern for the consequences of the violence for the Christian and Muslim population.

"Therefore we cannot see how the pope's approach to bring everybody to accept non-violence can be considered meddling," Vatican spokesman Federico Lombardi said.

Lombardi said the Vatican referred to "an attack against a Christian church and therefore we are concerned about Christian minorities but that does not mean that we will justify or minimise violence against the faithful of other religions."

No one has yet claimed responsibility for the Alexandria church attack, which came after threats to Egypt's Copts from the Al-Qaeda-linked group in Iraq that claimed an October 31 attack on a Baghdad cathedral.

President Hosni Mubarak has blamed "foreign hands" as being behind the incident.

Copts account for 10 percent of Egypt's mostly Muslim population of 80,000 million, and are the largest Christian community in the Middle East.

i think the pope is going overboard now....

Last edited:
But His Holiness is minding his own business. Pakistan has sentenced a christian for offending the Blasphemy laws. The Pope represents the christians. Therefore the Pope is going about his business in calling for a repeal of that law.

Then he should first get justice for relatives of hundreds of Christians burnt alive by Hindu extremists in India (Orissa).

then he should reform the Church itself where human rights violations are going on.

till then he should keep his nose out of our affairs

I do not think baseless tit for tat arguments ever solved anything.

If pope wants to do something really good he needs to know islam better. The same is true for anyone else muslim or nonmuslim. Unless people learn and halp spread the right message the wrong message will always keep things going as they are or even make them worse.

CLICKING HERE MAY BE OF HELP

Then he should first get justice for relatives of hundreds of Christians burnt alive by Hindu extremists in India (Orissa).

then he should reform the Church itself where human rights violations are going on.

I was thinking the same. Pope is selecting which crises to address he ignores the plight of Christians literally beaten by mobs in Hind, at least Pakistan's blasphemy law punishment is carried out in a legal setting.

The plight of Christians in Hind, China, ME, Africa but he isn't addressing them. Though he addresses topics from birth control, condoms, and Pakistan's blasphemy law.

What logic!! We are not wrong because others are also wrong.

:hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom