What's new

Pompeo meets Pakistan’s FM....something big coming.

Flight of falcon

Reaction score
Country
Canada
It was a slightly unusual occurrence which most people probably didn’t even notice.

Our foreign minister released a video message before he started his meetings with the Americans.

He gave the hint of Taliban agreement for a cease fire which is the biggest pre condition to American agreeing to any Peace agreement. Few days later Talibans confirmed that they have agreed to a temp but short cease fire .

This is pretty much a done deal now. The only question is who will get what responsibility to keep Afghanistan together. Pakistan is insisting that Americans give us “tools” necessary to deal with the after effects of their withdrawal.
Americans have agreed in principle to many Pakistani requests including offering certain defence articles .

We need to wait a bit longer and see what we are getting in return.
But one thing is clear: India is discarded like a used toilet paper in any agreement and this serves them right.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1528915/d...-until-kashmir-is-solved-qureshi-tells-pompeo

It was a slightly unusual occurrence which most people probably didn’t even notice.

Our foreign minister released a video message before he started his meetings with the Americans.

He gave the hint of Taliban agreement for a cease fire which is the biggest pre condition to American agreeing to any Peace agreement. Few days later Talibans confirmed that they have agreed to a temp but short cease fire .

This is pretty much a done deal now. The only question is who will get what responsibility to keep Afghanistan together. Pakistan is insisting that Americans give us “tools” necessary to deal with the after effects of their withdrawal.
Americans have agreed in principle to many Pakistani requests including offering certain defence articles .

We need to wait a bit longer and see what we are getting in return.
But one thing is clear: India is discarded like a used toilet paper in any agreement and this serves them right.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1528915/d...-until-kashmir-is-solved-qureshi-tells-pompeo
It has a certain Deja Vu feeling. Wasn't some months back this entire drama was being touted as MASSIVE this and MASSIVE that? And then Trump said, buzz off!

Its 2020, the year election fever will go in high gear in America. So take all actions by standing government with a metric ton of salt.

It has a certain Deja Vu feeling. Wasn't some months back this entire drama was being touted as MASSIVE this and MASSIVE that? And then Trump said, buzz off!

Its 2020, the year election fever will go in high gear in America. So take all actions by standing government with a metric ton of salt.

Things take time. We had to make sure that any mention or role or even thought of India is removed from Afghan peace deal ....

Things take time. We had to make sure that any mention or role or even thought of India is removed from Afghan peace deal ....
So its all a speculation. Not that India is exactly a peacekeeping force.
Lets see how it goes. My money is on US military again jumping in the region. Conflict pays ... to military industry complex.

AS the elections picks up trump will be hurting if he doesn't settle Afghanistan
imagine a democrat candidate and trump side by side and when someone ask about Afghanistan..
what will trump say?
i will bring troops home? ..question that will follow will be, well why haven you done it
I wont bring troops home?...
well that will kill his base

this became evident when all democrats candidate want to bring troops home, some without even a negotiation

remember although foreign policy doesnt matter alot but it willl matter if someone brings that up during the final days of debates live on line..
trump will be hamered by democratic candidate and will hurt his chances alot especially if an extreme candidate is elected to run against him(those who want to leave ASAP).

its important that pakistan try to get something they can rather than aiming to get something they want....

i would aim for things tat can be done by executive powers, you can waive off your old loans, get surplus equipment, get some trade deals

if we go through congress india will lobby us off easily..unless we counter lobby...

e.g
just ask pompeo to give a waiver for used f16s and buy them off the market you can get them easily 5-10M a piece
rather than getting 8 new f 16 which congress will or might block

AS the elections picks up trump will be hurting if he doesn't settle Afghanistan
There is settling and there is settling permanently. As always, he has to look like he is settling. Or bringing back soldiers. Thats all. Perception game.

imagine a democrat candidate and trump side by side and when someone ask about Afghanistan..
what will trump say?
i will bring troops home? ..question that will follow will be, well why haven you done it
I wont bring troops home?...
well that will kill his base

this became evident when all democrats candidate want to bring troops home, some without even a negotiation

remember although foreign policy doesnt matter alot but it willl matter if someone brings that up during the final days of debates live on line..
trump will be hamered by democratic candidate and will hurt his chances alot especially if an extreme candidate is elected to run against him(those who want to leave ASAP).

its important that pakistan try to get something they can rather than aiming to get something they want....

i would aim for things tat can be done by executive powers, you can waive off your old loans, get surplus equipment, get some trade deals

if we go through congress india will lobby us off easily..unless we counter lobby...

e.g
just ask pompeo to give a waiver for used f16s and buy them off the market you can get them easily 5-10M a piece
rather than getting 8 new f 16 which congress will or might block
I guess the remaining part is not exactly something I will comment on. Essential part above is what I have commented.

Why does US and Pak army have no objection to PTI's unconditional love for Iran!
Reminds me of Imran Khan's blame on Pakistan while sitting next to murderer mulla.

Why does US and Pak army have no objection to PTI's unconditional love for Iran!
Reminds me of Imran Khan's blame on Pakistan while sitting next to murderer mulla.

Aby tu Phir a gaya apni Sectarianism ki Dukan le ker ...

Why are you so against iran. We should have good relations with all our neighbours not just saudi ball licking.

Why are you so against iran. We should have good relations with all our neighbours not just saudi ball licking.

Do you want the Pakistani nation to remember only selective history of Imran Khan's dictatorial and destructive rule? or you are part of Iranian proxies hijacking present day political leadership?

Irrespective i seek answers, why Imran Khan blamed Pakistan while visiting Iran and whom's instruction he delayed his trip, until a specific moment?

Do you want the Pakistani nation to remember only selective history of Imran Khan's dictatorial and destructive rule? or you are part of Iranian proxies hijacking present day political leadership?

Irrespective i seek answers, why Imran Khan blamed Pakistan while visiting Iran and whom's instruction he delayed his trip, until a specific moment?
You should stop party politics. Grow up and stop licking Nawaz sharif. Think of Pakistan and stoo being ana arab slave.
Every one of your posts is anti iran pro arab.
I know u live and work there but you dont have to be a slave even though they think of you as one. And please stop posting shitty posts with IK is so bad. WTF have you done for Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom