What's new

POLL: Which will be more effective, "SAARC" or "Brother Nation" idea.

Which will be more effective, "SAARC" or "Brother Nation" idea.

• Total voters
They do exist in Pakistan too but quite frankly i have no problem what so ever with them as they are only trying to earn some money and even Indians and Pakistanis go to western countries illegally but i do have problems with nationalistic egotistic begnlais giving bad remarks about Pakistan, it's people and it's culture like Gormell has done before.

sometimes we should listen to our critics and respect them....we are better than the folks at BR.
I actually see valid points coming from people who hate India and everything Indian...
cheers.

sometimes we should listen to our critics and respect them....we are better than the folks at BR.
I actually see valid points coming from people who hate India and everything Indian...
cheers.
So you think this is valid and constructive criticism?
most Pakistanis follow their tribal and barbaric Indus culture
Oh and listening to your advice, I tried searching girls and women in pakistan uni and things that I had to see in youtube is complete denial of Islamic culture and beliefs and wallah, I am ashamed to see that kind of shameless downfall among "muslim" girls in Pakistan. You guys have "progressed" so much! As a muslim I feel bad that all these are happening in a country that starts with the words "Islamic republic..."
Much larger population??! Well one of the main difference factors is the huge pashtun refugee influx you have in your north western part. Most of their girls don't go to school. Oh probably they go to your camp schools. I know so many Pakistani families here, that make their daughters marry their first cousins(most of the time against their will)at the end of grade 12 and do their best to prevent them to have university education. There are exceptions but again they are exceptions. Your central law and order is not even valid in traibal parts of Balochistan and NWFP! None of these are any issue for Bangladesh and even in the extreme rural areas, girls get free education and it has been made free for them towards college level in those areas. The whole world knows the dirty cousin marriage business that goes around Mirpur, Azad Kashmir. You guys need to reflect and change your own system and then compare with Bangladesh.
Either way, i understand why would you support this trash.The enemy of your enemy is your friend.

Last edited:
They do exist in Pakistan too but quite frankly i have no problem what so ever with them as they are only trying to earn some money and even Indians and Pakistanis go to western countries illegally but i do have problems with nationalistic egotistic begnlais giving bad remarks about Pakistan, it's people and it's culture like Gormell has done before.

Patriot,

About the Bangladeshis in Pakistan,as far as I know,these people went to Pakistan before 1971.Just like some of my elderly relatives were there before 1971.But my relatives came back.But there are still Bangladeshis(read Bengali speaking Pakistanis,as now they are Pakistani citizen) who chose to stay back.Just like the Biharis in Bangladesh.The old generation biharis still wants to go to Pakistan,but the new generation are all Bangladeshis and they were given the right to vote last election.

Now,Bangladesh brought back its most of its citizens after 1971,much of it probably included army officers imprisoned during liberation war.
But many decided to stay back in Pakistan.I am assuming you are talking about them,are you?
In that case they are Pakistanis.

Please give more details on Bangladeshi immigrants in Pakistan,to be honest I am quite blank about this case.

A few thousands BD orgin people lives and work in Karachi port and some are involved in fishing. As far as I know, they migrated before 1971. If I could remember correctly last Newaz Sharif govt tried packing few of them in a plane and sent them to BD and BD refused to take them and sent them back to Karachi in return flight.
Regarding House maid, not sure about those female worker and how they end up going to Pakistan, when BD government does not even allow any female to go to middle east unattended with a job visa. There are cases that BD prostitutes do try to cross the border and go to India and Pakistan as they dont find good customer in BD and some of the big brothel houses were closed down in the last 5/10 years who eventually ended up in India or in Pakistan. Some might start house maiding in Pakistan after the reproductive age and after getting less attention from clients.

Last edited:
@Patriot:
You should come to BD and see how many Pakistani lives in Bangladesh now a days. I have a whole bunch of Pakistani in my neighbourhood and in fact 6 out of 8 families in my house are Pakistani. They and their small kids speak good Bengali. Shop keepers all around us are getting used to Urdu and Hindi now a days. Ohh we have a whole bunch of Indians too (Shhhh... any indians around here :-0)

So you think this is valid and constructive criticism?
yeah it's not...but it never is on a defense forum mate...this is coming from an Indian on a Pakistani forum so trust me...sometimes it's hard to control your anger at some of the posts...I am not lecturing you but it's just that I understand.
Either way, i understand why would you support this trash.The enemy of your enemy is your friend.
all these Bangladeshis save a few hate India...they write songs in the appreciation of Pakistan..this one thread doesn't make them your enemy or our friend.
peace.

No offence to the poster of this poll.....

But "Brother nation" the name at least sounds like a 5 year old's fantasy!!!
Suggest picking a more mature name....something a country would like to be willingly part of....and not as vague!!

I know the posters intentions are noble, but a bit far fectched......Utopian if you will....

Anyways...please continue...

BTW....I prefer SAARC

On the issue of the thread topic, I agree with Peshwa, what exactly is 'brother nation' supposed to imply?

Is the question more along the lines which choice, between wider regional economic cooperation under the aegis of SAARC and a closer bilateral relationship between Bangladesh and Pakistan, will be better?

On the issue of the thread topic, I agree with Peshwa, what exactly is 'brother nation' supposed to imply?

Is the question more along the lines which choice, between wider regional economic cooperation under the aegis of SAARC and a closer bilateral relationship between Bangladesh and Pakistan, will be better?

‘Brother Nation’ name might not look like as appropriate but the idea is all about bilateral relationship where you pick and choose your ideological and strategic partners and based on ideological and strategic objectives, how 2 nations can define their path like we have the example of Syria and Turkey are agreeing to life the visa passport barriers between the 2 countries.

I am talking about better trade with Pakistan.Whether they are Islamic or un-Islamic is none of my concern.Pakistan can supply the raw materials needed for our garments just like India,and they are of good quality too.
Besides Eastwatch sir has already given you an explanation.

In case you don't know,our military uses many hardware which are "made in Pakistan".Pakistan's economy may not be that better than Bangladesh,but they can help us with technology in fields such as Defence.And there are some projects already underway.

And Its global economy.You don't trade with only one country,but all of them.So saying forget Pakistan and trade only with India,makes you look naive.For Bangladesh,we need better relation with everyone ,to develop.

Well bro, the raw materials that you are talking about here- are those better in Pakistan than India?! how much better? cheaper too? Transportation cost? you want to see even a bigger trade deficit with Pakistan?(yes i know we have bigger deficit with India but then India's and Pakistan's economy are not comparable. We can expect better, probably way better relation in trade with India than what we have right now but Pakistan???) Pakistan does not have strong enough economy and raw material production/storage to mitigate Bangladesh's need in sudden crisis. India has it. I did not mean that we should trade with India because we love it and we shall do not trade with Pakistan because we hate it! NO, do not get me wrong. I never said that. But just for the sake of "diversification of the economy", we would put aside all other consideration in trade and economy? The main objective of diversifying the economy and foreign trade is to minimize risk in security that comes from a single source of import-trade. I do not know why would Bangladesh be scared of that? Beside I think there is more risk of this kind when you trade with Pakistan than India, if we think in realistic measure. Lets not get emotional. Just some thoughts that I wanted you to know.

Back to the topic please.

Gromell has been warned for trolling and hijacking the thread with his endless Pakistan bashing and hating comments.

You are saying this because you just personally do not like my posts. I speak the truth and that's what I did in my posts. I didn't do emotional bashings or raised doubts about other's religious beliefs, unlike some people here. result? They get nothing and I get a warning for some logical arguments and opinions. Beautiful. I actually thought this forum does not reflect the usual political rules that Pakistan had to endure for most of her history. I guess I wasn't totally right.

It's another matter that no pakistani have any ill feeling regarding Bangladeshis now and always have good feelings

First of all I am glad to know that. But then ofcourse you do not have any ill feelings towards Bangladeshis. Why would you? Bangladeshis neither killed millions of punjabis or pashtuns or baluch in 1971 nor they raped their muslim sisters just because they were from another ethnicity.

You are saying this because you just personally do not like my posts. I speak the truth and that's what I did in my posts. I didn't do emotional bashings or raised doubts about other's religious beliefs, unlike some people here. result? They get nothing and I get a warning for some logical arguments and opinions. Beautiful. I actually thought this forum does not reflect the usual political rules that Pakistan had to endure for most of her history. I guess I wasn't totally right.

AM did the right thing he rightly pointed out your hate. You did exactly what you are denying now.

First of all I am glad to know that. But then ofcourse you do not have any ill feelings towards Bangladeshis. Why would you? Bangladeshis neither killed millions of punjabis or pashtuns or baluch in 1971 nor they raped their muslim sisters just because they were from another ethnicity.

Now like to see your passonate statement of BSF killing of Bangladeshis everyday. This is happening today. How long awami thugs will sell the story and make the business out of 40 years old brutality but look the other way when indian kill Bangladeshis everyday?

Back
Top Bottom