What's new

POLL: In How Many Days Will This Dharna be Wrapped UP?

How many days will it take to wrap up this Dharna

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That depends mostly on Chinese president's visit. Script writers will not risk any negative impact of this drama on Pak-China relationship.

On the other hand, Govt. has solid backing of whole parliament and that speaks well for Pakistan's maturing democracy.Thinning crowd at the dharna will drive both IK and TuQ nuts and this may force them to either lunacy or, compromise. In any case, I dont see dharna completing next week.

That depends mostly on Chinese president's visit. Script writers will not risk any negative impact of this drama on Pak-China relationship.

On the other hand, Govt. has solid backing of whole parliament and that speaks well for Pakistan's maturing democracy.Thinning crowd at the dharna will drive both IK and TuQ nuts and this may force them to either lunacy or, compromise. In any case, I dont see dharna completing next week.

But the main question remains, what has this dharna achieved? Will there be any sort of small give and take deals? IK and TuQ both miscalculated the situation in Pakistan. Revolutions can never be brought in a polarised country like Pakistan. Only anarchy and civil war.

Some wise words here:

Sanity amidst anarchy - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

QUOTE: "A new definition of sanity in Pakistan today is one’s ability not to be distracted by the Islamabad anarchists’ lectures on principles of governance and political propriety and keep doing what needs to be done, as advised by Voltaire.

There is no mystery in the riot zone melodrama, in fact has never been. Those claiming to disclose secrets are not disclosing anything. They are not adding to a conscious citizen’s knowledge. The wise ones who have got stuck inside the idiot box and are offering counsel to one party or the other know their words will have no effect on disasters foretold.

Yet most people find it impossible to drag themselves away from the TV screen and the screams of anchorpersons because they are afraid of what appears to be in store for them and for their children. What is at stake is surely much more than is realised by the contending parties and their promoters.

Tailpiece: Down with parliament. The people should be gratified to learn that parliaments have caused greater havoc in Pakistan than dictators. This message should be spread throughout the length and breadth of the country with appropriate examples of parliaments’ sins and dictatorship’s blessings.

It is impossible to forgive parliaments for their horrible misdeeds, such as granting voting right to all adults including women and slave-labourers and the creation of writ jurisdiction in high courts in the 1950s to the acceptance of some of the federating units’ demands for autonomy and recognition of the right to education and fair trial in 2010. Down with parliament for all this mischief.

At the same time, the dictators are wrongly blamed for destroying democracy repeatedly (1958, 1969, 1977 and 1999), for the country’s disintegration in 1971, and for the war to promote the Kalashnikov-drug culture. These are canards spread by unpatriotic elements. A dictator could do no wrong and that is what Pakistan needs above everything else. Hail the new dictators, stupid.
" /QUOTE

Published in Dawn, September 4th, 2014

IF I am wrong, I shall publicly apologize. I only post what I see. My bias seems extreme to you because you yourself occupy an extreme position. These are divisive times and I understand your frustration. But you have no right to make unfounded accusations.

Alright open Threads on Shurafa brothers and zardari corruptions and how they bundled their Empire, you won't because you are biased you may deny it. Majority have extreme position because Pakistan has reached the position where these corrupt politicians/bureaucrats minus few visionary people needs to be hanged publically. I am far from frustrated maybe you should look into your organized thread themes that shows frustration against dharna. Lastly you take notes and don't accuse without any proofs or should we say unfounded accusation that too by the mouth of a crippling man who worked under Jumatis, Establishment, pml-n...Next time do not accuse Establishment until you have clear proof, TY.

Alright open Threads on Shurafa brothers and zardari corruptions and how they bundled their Empire, you won't because you are biased you may deny it. Majority have extreme position because Pakistan has reached the position where these corrupt politicians/bureaucrats minus few visionary people needs to be hanged publically. I am far from frustrated maybe you should look into your organized thread themes that shows frustration against dharna. Lastly you take notes and don't accuse without any proofs or should we say unfounded accusation that too by the mouth of a crippling man who worked under Jumatis, Establishment, pml-n...Next time do not accuse Establishment until you have clear proof, TY.

Are you blind? Do you not see how Pakistan is paying for power games of a few people? When did I ever support Sharifs? I only started writing seriously about Politics once I saw how much damage this campaign of anarchy will do.

I assiduously avoided the Politics thread. I have almost no posts in this section until a few weeks ago. Your bias is making you see conspiracies and plots. Get your head checked dude, so that you may be able to think before you make idiotic allegations against me.

I see a script being followed. There are enough pointers. It is not merely a conspiracy theory. Most anyone can say is that COAS is not involved in this game. But you can not deny role of Gen Pasha, even when he was serving. Just use google.

Then please don't accuse anybody else either until you have clear proof too, thanks.

The proof is in NAB dear VC, the proof is Affidavit by Ishaq Dar signed, the proof has been shown on BBC, grow up man I do not necessarily agree to every thing about Establishment but that is too idiotic to think PTI is backed and hacked by Establishment, you shouldn't be mad Establishment is the only Organ that has helped US more in the History may it be soviets, afghan war, post 9/11 and good number of General have love for US. By the way in order for Gov to prove their innocence how about re-count and smack in the face of IK-PTI no? a democratic Nation PM/president always resigns before investigations initiated here the guy is not allowing investigations so yeah keep your democratic rants.

The proof is in NAB dear VC, the proof is Affidavit by Ishaq Dar signed, the proof has been shown on BBC, grow up man I do not necessarily agree to every thing about Establishment but that is too idiotic to think PTI is backed and hacked by Establishment, you shouldn't be mad Establishment is the only Organ that has helped US more in the History may it be soviets, afghan war, post 9/11 and good number of General have love for US. By the way in order for Gov to prove their innocence how about re-count and smack in the face of IK-PTI no? a democratic Nation PM/president always resigns before investigations initiated here the guy is not allowing investigations so yeah keep your democratic rants.

All I am asking you to do is to apply the SAME standards for all sides here, that is all. Fairness is important.

These two will wait till the judicial committee's verdict comes out. If it favors them....then they win and if it comes against them, they will have the best face saving

I wonder where are all the PMLN workers. Rawalpindi-Islamabad is supposed to be PMLN core voter base afaik.

Also Lahore is NS own seat.

Of course, and I try to tell this to all sides in this frustrating situation.

Fire on dude!

By the way shouters in parliament and their jiyalas are frustrated over the top their shahadat never took place at the hands of Establishment what they feared the most in past 3 weeks, pathetic. Very personally for me as long as my investments in Pak are safe i am fine but looking for poor Pakistanis i feel terrible for them that is why i want to see change but if rest gang up i still careless if BS want to rule let him rule 20 years more everyone knows including you Pakistan would go 20 years back deep inside ppl know it.

Fire on dude!

By the way shouters in parliament and their jiyalas are frustrated over the top their shahadat never took place at the hands of Establishment what they feared the most in past 3 weeks, pathetic. Very personally for me as long as my investments in Pak are safe i am fine but looking for poor Pakistanis i feel terrible for them that is why i want to see change but if rest gang up i still careless if BS want to rule let him rule 20 years more everyone knows including you Pakistan would go 20 years back deep inside ppl know it.

The whole situation was very carefully created and then tended to ensure such a stalemate results that keeps the political process from taking root and thus ensures the military's control of real power. That being said, it is a safe deduction that investments in Pakistan will remain as safe or unsafe as they always were, and that Pakistanis who are inside the country are mostly resigned to their fate as long as this arrangement continues, which, by all indications, it will, indeed.

Last edited:
Well saad rafique on samma saying that all demands are accepted apart from resignation so we may reach agreement tonight or tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom