What's new

Policy watch: What factors helped Bangladesh overtake India in per capita income?

9 pages of Indians trying to refute the obvious - sigh.

Pujaris, take two more pieces of news and chew the cud on them on how India is dependent on Bangladesh.... :lol:

Bunch of Ahammuks and Burbaks with blinders on, they could not even taste the truth if you spoon fed it to them.....

"Bangladesh may become India's fourth largest export destination in FY22, jumping five places in two years. This comes as the economic boom of the eastern neighbour continues to fuel India's exports growth. According to disaggregated data available till October, during the first seven months of FY22, exports to Bangladesh grew 81 per cent."

1640632680-004.jpg

"The CPD at a press conference said Bangladesh has become the third largest remittance source of India, with around $3.7 billion dollar sent in 2013. And a portal of professionals, the Silicon India, has predicted that the remittance from Bangladesh to India would continue to increase in the coming years." (this was from 2015, it could be even bigger now).

Last edited:
Yes low cost IT labour infesting the west. These indian IT workers ready to work with half the salary a westerner would askand destabilise the market. The companies looking at their financial benefits hiring these cheap labour created unemployment of the indigenous population. Trump did put a ban on h1b visa when he was in office to stop the infestation. So please do not brag about moving into western countries and taking over their jobs with low cost IT labour. You are surely not welcome by the masses there. Same for us the rohinga refugees in coxsbazar are offering cheap labour and created distability.

We Bangladeshies can relate to the sentiment of the westerners and thus our government is looking into spending more resources to strengthen our borders to stop illigal immigrats from our two poor neighbours.

No one is bragging. Just pointing out the truth.

H1b visa still there and hundreds if not thousands of Indians are getting hired in high paying jobs thanks to most big corporations top managers are indians. Would it be nice if bangladeshi community achieved something like. These indians also influenced big corporations to invest billions back to india.

You are saying all this but trurh is bd ppl are obsessed with india. Not just they more eager to learn hindi and watch fucking bollywood day and night...even ashamed of calling there own restaurants bangladeshi...Instead has to call it "indian" to sell brown food to white ppl.

Instead of branding underwear cotton industry to create goodwill for bd to white ppl...would be nice if bd ppl promote there own restaurants as Bangladeshi instead shamelessly call it indian. That would create better goodwill instead.

Honestly pathetic.

Last edited:
And does this 50 Billion ( if true )get counted in indian GDP ? NO !
That's my point .
My question is how are you answring No? Billions are being earned here they are in your income from exports, otherwise how can money getinto India without knowledge of your centralbank?
You can say that you do not know as i said if you do not know

A few of them could be running a well setup fraud buisness in AC rooms as you claim but majority ( 95% ) of them are operating in small groups
RBI does not have any register for them, these buisnesses are illegal under the law . That's what I've been trying to point out . Indian government or normal people don't have any relation with them .
I doubt any small group can manage the technology needed to run such a racket.

No their incomes are not a part of it .
Indian IT exports are by big ticket firms and foreign conglomorates who operate in india. Any buisness acitivity illegal under the law is not counted as a part of overall economic growth and gross revenues.
These companies are employing huge amount of people, under what catagory the money is coming to pay these people? Do you want to say the billions they are earning the government just let the money flowinto their accounts and have no control?

I have answered you ,but if you have further doubts I can help you.

That 50 Billion is not included in overall GDP count because those buisness activities are illegal .
From the article you shared - Additionally, the YouTubers had also gained access to a secret Telegram group comprising over 50,000 people employed by such call centres across India
As you can clearly see it's a an all india estimate across mutliple such centres and not any individual centre in one region .
So the government knows these are illigal business and they do not count them in export earnings and gdp calculation? Strange? And they 50 thousand is just what he found evidence of. Its just a tip of the iceberg.

The Billion dollar earnings are black they don't get counted. It's very easy to have black money in india
Ok so they do not pay tax hence its black money? So the government allows billions of dollars to be transfered to these company accounts but never bother to check if they are paying tax! Wow

Why me or why the common man
You here means whole of India.

You are saying all this but trurh is bd ppl are obsessed with india. Not just they more eager to learn hindi and watch fucking bollywood day and night...even ashamed of calling there own restaurants bangladeshi...Instead has to call it "indian" to sell brown food to white ppl.

Instead of branding underwear cotton industry...would be nice if bd ppl promote there own restaurants as Bangladeshi instead shamelessly call it indian. That would create better goodwill instead.

Honestly pathetic.

H1b visa still there and hundreds if not thousands of Indians are getting hired in high paying jobs thanks to most big corporations top managers are indians. Would it be nice if bangladeshi community achieved something like. These indians also influenced big corporations to invest billions back to india.

Instead of branding underwear cotton industry to create goodwill for bd to white ppl...would be nice if bd ppl promote there own restaurants as Bangladeshi instead shamelessly call it indian. That would create better goodwill instead.

Honestly pathetic.
Where do you get these logics from?

If I own a restaurant that makes thai or italian food, i should call it a bangladeshi restaurant? What logic you have?

I guess you are talking about the curry industry in UK.

Mate those restaurants serve indian cuisine not Bangladeshi food like butter chicken, tikka masala. Restaurants are named after the cuisine they serve not owner nationality.

Bollywood was popular and as hindi is from aryan language family it was a easy pickup. Having one extra language under your belt in my view is an added bonus. See we now understand both hindi and urdu and communicate with most indians and pakistanies. But you will not be able to understand us if we curse you. If you feel prod of that then be my guest, but its us who know languages of multiple countries not you.

You have done well with bollywood and no one questions that but your media has ruined the industry and south movies are gaining popularity. Even in Bangladesh.

H1b was brought back by Joe admistration. They way he is going doubt he would last his term. My point was to demonstrate what sentiments the masses hold regarding indians taking over jobs in US IT industry, and you bragging.

Last edited:
All because Bangladesh chose the East Asian model. And India chose the Western model...

India hasn’t chosen the western model because both the east and west developed through low grade manufacturing.

Visit Manchester mills and see the deadly conditions at the height of the Victorian era. It was brutal.

India has chosen to bypass manufacturing and leapfrog into the service era. Through massive subsidies funded by massive taxation.

That’s a profitable model for the upper caste and most Sudras. But appalling for women and the low caste.

Back
Top Bottom