What's new

Police Training Centre Attacked in Quetta - Operated from Afghanistan - 51 cadets dead, 97 injured

the chemical used in bombing is not a locally available chemical. Its foreign made.

They used c4... which lead to fire... which was reported by media and put out during the op...

Also attackers were soeaking persian .... thats highly unusual for pakistanis

They used c4... which lead to fire... which was reported by media and put out during the op...

Also attackers were soeaking persian .... thats highly unusual for pakistanis

C-4 explosive is used a default since WW2. Its chemical composition can be changed as per requirement

Pathans in pakistan also speak persian apart from pushto.

@Irfan Baloch

So it is confirmed it was LeJ then? See, LeJ's forefather have been part of the government and have no doubt used these opportunities for embedding themselves within different institutions. How can the military or any one else ever hope to counter these people of they are allowed to not only roam freely but are also taken on board by politicians and protected by them.

LeJ is nothing but the armed wing of SSP aka Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat who I believe are still not a proscribed organisation. Every time there is a ban of some sorts they morph in to something else and our state seems to be helpless or unwilling to tackle them.

I am no expert so give you the stage with regards to discussing comprehensive strategies to tackle them, but I do wonder if it is actually too late to weed these people out. I mean if tomorrow, like you said, an Ataturk type solution is advanced by someone in power, do you really think they will survive for long and not be taken out vis a vis Qadri?

In my opinion, what Pakistan needs is a counter narrative, a unifying ideology which can transcend religious and sectarian biases. The Turks were lucky that they had their nationalism and history to rally behind, what do we have? Our religious scholars have reduced our past forebearers to unclean pagans and have attempted to join themselves with Arabs in such a way that every other Pakistani claims to be a Syed, Hashemi etc.

I guess my question is, how does the state of Pakistan intend to combat the ideological threat emanating from these groups? As long as the ideology remains, attacks like these will continue, unfortunately.
Wow finally a sane voice after very long time here. Good one bro. I totally agree with all Ur points.

See for a nation to get unified they need a goal. Goal is something everyone will fight for for that the Goal should be profitable for all sections atleast majority of them. What is the goal of Pakistan say in next 10 years?

1)Bleeding India with thousands cuts

2)Stopping India from growing

3)Stop India's domination

4)Help enemy's of India to encircle.

5)Last but not least Destroy India with nukes or whatever when above 4 failed.

I mean how many will want to be suicidal and follow these goals and guidelines charted during 1950s? People will lose hope and runway to other countries where prosperity is their Goals!!!

Sad to see why it's too hard to clear and flush out all terrorists from Ur soil. One Good terrorists groups will have different personalities Opinions and different faction to oppose their own masters if their own interests is not met. These factions will have downgraded another faction. That once had good resources diffy their master and break away and form its own version of BAD terrorist groups like this LEJ.

So even if you eliminate Bad terrorists Good terrorists will keep bleeding their masters from with in. Yesterday Hafiz Saeed claimed responsibility for URI attack with their posters. He is the person who openly parading for funds from people to help creating terrorism in Kashmir. But where these money will go? I mean this guy is a UN black listed terrorists. Osama the only reason why Iraq and Afghanistan was invaded was finally KIA in Pakistan.

Some serious problems are causing massive damage to Image of Pakistan world wide.

Resolve the KASHMIR dispute and all trouble between India Pakistan will be over. Give freedom to the kashmiris.

If you care about UN then what about its resolution on Kashmir????

Any security force is weakest in the training phase.Centre was poorly guarded and heads must roll on this but keep in mind they were unarmed cadets much like a college hostel nothing more and once they were in the hostel there was nothing stopping them.

I don't know buddy what is so difficult about safeguarding a compound or a walled institution ............. this is beyond me that how these **************** always get to get in that easily. Even when alerts have been issued.

I am sure the false gods of the past wouldn't have asked for this much human sacrifice as Pakistani VIPs of today need to conduct an ijlas over dead bodies of Pakistanis.

But please enlighten me how do you expect to secure your whole country without going for our enemies in their own homes?Whenever your enemy is safe it means he is free to plan against you.Keep him worrying about his own safety!

I hope you know that this enemy doesn't fall from the sky at any place they wish to attack............... they travel to that place, do their homework, plan, and execute. All this needs local in house support, they still need to bring weapons, cross the check points ..................... and they do it because local help is available to them.

Deal with this local support first and the ones who are protecting it then sure pick up a fight in another region. Key to peace in Quetta lies in Punjab ............... you cannot do an op in one of your own provinces aur chaly ho aik doosry mulk may dushman say larnay.

Pakistan police academy attackers 'pretended to be soldiers': witnesses

Pakistan: Heavily armed militants who stormed a Pakistani police academy tricked cadets hiding in their rooms into opening locked doors by pretending to be soldiers, witnesses told AFP Tuesday as chilling accounts emerged from survivors.

At least 60 people were killed after three gunmen burst into the sprawling academy, targeting sleeping quarters for some 700 recruits in the deadliest attack on a security installation in the country's history.

Young cadets who fled the gun and suicide bomb assault told of their terror as citizens from the provincial capital of Quetta, around 20 kilometers from the Balochistan Police College where the violence unfolded, meanwhile rushed to donate blood.

Speaking from his hospital bed where he was recovering from a bullet wound to his left shoulder, cadet Hikmatullah, aged 22, told AFP: "They entered the rooms one by one. They went in one room and fired inside it, then they went in another.

"They also knocked at the locked rooms and told the cadets that they were from the army, and when the opened the doors, they fired at them. They came in by jumping over the walls of the academy which are very small. I ran away from my room and was hit by a bullet, I still managed to flee."

Pakistan has once again been forced to come to terms with another devastating attack at the hands of Islamist militants even as security overall has improved in recent years.

Witnesses recounted the men were dressed in camouflage and had covered their faces, but could not say for certain whether they had disguised themselves in military uniforms.

Zubair Ahmed another recruit, said: "We were sitting in a group of three or four people relaxing at around 10:15pm in the night and thinking of going to bed.

"Suddenly there was firing and people started running around, screaming, there was chaos. Some people were jumping out of windows, others were trying to climb out onto trees.

"I also jumped out of a window via a tree and injured my shoulder and foot. I lay on the ground injured for one hour till I was rescued."

The compound remained sealed to journalists but mobile video footage shot by an intelligence official showed the hollowed remains of a large dormitory hall covered in thick black soot.

All the bedding and belongings in the room had apparently burnt and been reduced to ashes, while a deep crater in the floor showed where one of the three attackers had detonated his suicide vest.

The attack was the third biggest in Pakistan this year and a grim reminder that for all its gains in its long battle against a homegrown Islamist insurgency, militants are still able to strike serious blows against top state institutions.

"So many young men, light of their parents' eyes, hope for old age and future, snuffed out in the prime of their lives #Quetta #RIP", tweeted writer Beena Sarwar, while others turned their ire on the government for failing to do enough to crackdown on Islamist ideology.

"The ideological brothers of the Quetta attackers run Islamabad's Red Mosque & had tea w the Interior Minister last week," said analyst Mosharraf Zaidi -- referencing Pakistan's lack of action against extremist groups deemed friendly by the state

https://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/W...itants-kill-60-in-pakistan-police-attack.ashx

Terrorism & Insurgency

Quetta assault reinforces severe risk of attacks against soft targets in Balochistan and fragmentation of Pakistani militancy

IHS Jane's Country Risk Daily Report

25 October 2016

EVENT

Three militants wearing suicide vests attacked a police cadet college in Quetta, Balochistan, on 24 October, killing at least 60 people and injuring more than 100 others.

According to accounts provided by provincial officials, two of the attackers managed to detonate their vests, causing the bulk of the loss of life, while the third was shot dead in the ensuing four-hour paramilitary operation. Unverified eyewitness accounts reported in Pakistani media suggested that there was only one guard present at the training facility, where more than 700 people were being housed.

The attack has been claimed by at least two groups, including a previously unknown faction of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) and the Islamic State.

Terrorism & Insurgency

Quetta assault reinforces severe risk of attacks against soft targets in Balochistan and fragmentation of Pakistani militancy

IHS Jane's Country Risk Daily Report

25 October 2016

EVENT

Three militants wearing suicide vests attacked a police cadet college in Quetta, Balochistan, on 24 October, killing at least 60 people and injuring more than 100 others.

According to accounts provided by provincial officials, two of the attackers managed to detonate their vests, causing the bulk of the loss of life, while the third was shot dead in the ensuing four-hour paramilitary operation. Unverified eyewitness accounts reported in Pakistani media suggested that there was only one guard present at the training facility, where more than 700 people were being housed.

The attack has been claimed by at least two groups, including a previously unknown faction of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) and the Islamic State.

Terrorism & Insurgency

Emergence of smaller militant cells indicates rising risk of low-capability attacks in Pakistan's Punjab and Sindh

Asad Ali - IHS Jane's Intelligence Weekly

25 October 2016

EVENT

The Islamic State claimed the killing of a police sub-inspector in Charsadda district, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, on 24 October through its online Amaq News Agency.

The policeman was shot dead by unidentified militants with a 9-mm pistol while waiting at a bus stop near his home, according to police reports. The incident follows two arrests in Peshawar, also Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, for distribution of Pashto and Urdu-language Islamic State propaganda.

Pakistani army soldiers take part in a security drill at the Islamia College in Peshawar in February 2016. (PA)

IHS Markit sources in Pakistan's police force claim that Islamic State-associated militants have only nominal connection to the group's core in the Middle East and none to the Islamic State sub-faction Wilayat Khorasan, based in Afghanistan and also responsible for operations in Pakistan. Rather, the emergence of militants claiming affiliation to the Islamic State reflects an ongoing transition in the nature of terrorism in Pakistan from an organised insurgency with recognisable centralised leadership and hierarchies, to small, independent cells with relatively lower capability and motivated by more local and personal grievances.

Disrupted militant networks leading to fewer attacks

This transition has primarily been triggered by the military's ongoing counter-militancy operations that began in 2014. They have disrupted the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan's (TTP's) supply chain of fighters, arms and explosives, focused primarily in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA), reducing the group's capability to carry out sophisticated attacks against targets with enhanced security measures. Significant damage has also been dealt to the TTP's and LeJ's organisational structures, with much of the leadership either killed or forced into hiding in Afghanistan's Kunar province (see Pakistan: 2 July 2014: Extended military offensive in Pakistan will raise risk of reprisal attacks against softer targets including foreign franchises). Data collected by IHS Jane's Terrorism and Insurgency Centre suggests that militant attacks throughout the country have declined by 45% between 2013 and 2015. The downward trend appears likely to continue this year, with only 600 attacks in 2016 until August.

Attachments

• 1477453833440.jpg
    1477453833440.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 39
Indians need to realize our policy towards them wont change at all they need to stop gloating

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

:pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed:

آج سے ڈیڑھ ماہ قبل آئی جی بلوچستان نے وزیراعلیٰ ثناء اللہ زہری سے پولیس ٹریننگ سینٹر کی دیوار اور سیکورٹی بہتر کرنے کی درخواست کی تھی، مگر کسی نے ان کی درخواست پر کان نہ دھرا۔ ویڈیو منظر عام پر آگئی

Edit:

Hello all just watch above videos please. Now will we still going to say " Sabar karo " to each other???

@Adecypher , @Zibago , @WAJsal , @The Sandman , @shah1398 , @ghazi52 , @django , @Moonlight

They wnt implement NAP but yeah wud blame everyone else except themselves for every such incident.

Waseem Badami of ARY yesterday told after his conversation with injured cadets tht probably they were called to return back to the academy even after their training had finished, because they were to be called for islamabad dharna....and it was orderd by Additional IG balochistan... First this AIG needs to be interrogated , on whose orders he did tht..and then both should be hanged publicly

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom