What's new

Poland to ban religious (Halal) slaughter of animals

Untrue. There is sufficient evidence on the contrary.

@ Topic:

Should the ruling be considered a problem? Many halal slaughterhouses already follow the procedure of stunning the animal first.

stunning causes total or partial cardiac arrest and does not drain the blood...thats unhealthy..
you eat animal's poop and piss dissolved in blood...Not nice

Jhatka causes almost instant cardiac arrest,and blood remains stuck in the body...You know well what kind of garbage blood carries? All sorts of.

stunning causes total or partial cardiac arrest and does not drain the blood...thats unhealthy..
you eat animal's poop and piss dissolved in blood...Not nice

Incorrect.

Blood in a healthy animal is sterile, and does not carry any concentrations of poop and piss. Proper refrigeration is more important.

Post the specific evidence.

Why do you think people are trying to get it banned? The opponents include animal welfare groups as well as relevant scientists.

Animals feel the pain of religious slaughter - science-in-society - 13 October 2009 - New Scientist

The Farm Animal Welfare Council (FAWC), which advises the government on how to avoid cruelty to livestock, says the way Kosher and Halal meat is produced causes severe suffering to animals.

BBC NEWS | UK | Halal and Kosher slaughter 'must end'

End 'cruel' religious slaughter, say scientists - Home News - UK - The Independent

Please get the correct information regarding this issue .. Ask anyone in the medical field what happens when you cut the jugular of a human being or an animal.. if their reply is lots of pain and suffering then i will quit eating meat..
hello, well i can say that being in medical field that u cannot simply kill an animal without hurting it. well how can one can say the animal is not feeling some sort of awkwardness while getting killed. decreased blood volume-> increased sympathetic discharge-> increased heart rate to increase delivery of oxygen. tell me how do u feel while u play football or hockey and run out of air. the animal feels the same according to science. the best way to kill an animal is u some how remove the thalamus out of animal without hurting it ( well that cant be done) or cutting the pons ( the area regulating heart and reaspiration). thats my expert opinion. BTW I am a vegetarian (no conflict of interest here) ( i am a vegetarian bcoz i don't like hurting an animal and then savor it, my family being an eastern brahmin enjoy eating meat ) .

Incorrect.

Blood in a healthy animal is sterile, and does not carry any concentrations of poop and piss. Proper refrigeration is more important.

So are you saying eating non halal is okay??

sorry i forgot to add the best way of killing an animal should be injecting it with some sort of anesthesia ( anesthesia should be broken down by digestive juices of human so that there should be no residual action on human )and then draining out the blood , the animal will enter into coma and die .

Incorrect.

ok,so what exactly is filtered by kidneys and liver?

sorry i forgot to add the best way of killing an animal should be injecting it with some sort of anesthesia ( anesthesia should be broken down by digestive juices)and then draining out the blood , the animal will enter into coma and die .

so that all who eat that meat,pass out

So are you saying eating non halal is okay??

Pre-stunning the animal is a widely followed norm:

According to the RSPCA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals),

Around 90% of Halal slaughter involved pre-stunning

http://www.rspca.org.uk/servlet/Satellite?blobcol=urlblob&blobheader=application/pdf&blobkey=id&blobtable=RSPCABlob&blobwhere=1109267162636&ssbinary=true

In Australia's case, the National Halal Standard endorses stunning the animal before the throat is slit.

Animals shall receive the halal cut expeditiously after stunning to ensure they do not regain consciousness. Details on acceptable methods of reversible stunning and stun-stick intervals are in the “National Animal Welfare Standards for Livestock Processing Establishments Preparing meat for Human Consumption”, Australian Meat Industry Council, 2005.

Australian Government Authorised Halal Program - guidelines for the preparation, identification, storage and certification for export of halal red meat and red meat products - Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry

Hardly proof bro you gave me news from people who support the ban they have already taken a position.

When the animal is slaughtered in the Islamic or Jewish way the slaughtering is to be done by cutting the throat, windpipe and the blood vessels in the neck causing the animal’s death, but without cutting the spinal cord. The animal does not feel pain because blood flow to the nerves in the brain are stopped (includes the nerve for pain) and the blood is drained completely. The animal is already unconscious as it dies due to blood loss.

ok,so what exactly is filtered by kidneys and liver?

so that all who eat that meat,pass out
read the post again i said the anesthesia should be be degraded by human digestive juice. u can give anesthesia by parenteral routes to an animal. so read again carefully and comment.

We're not aggressive, we do it gently.

Dude doing it 'gently' causes the animal more pain than doing it aggressively.

Imagine if some one is gently nibbling at your throats versus someone who aggresively beheads you in one go. If this is the choice I am faced with, I would go for the second option. Other than a microsecond when the knife hits the back of your neck and severs your spine, you would not know what happened to you and all the thrashing is just the reflex reaction from the spine and not pain.

And unless halal method is done by a person who is really well versed in it, it is a torture for the animal. Have seen plenty guys first cutting the animal, then realizing that they have not cut the jugular properly, then searching for it and then cutting it all the while animal thrashes in pain.

Back
Top Bottom