What's new

PN U-Boats!

Oh yes cant wait for that boss!!

As if one of the deadliest U-212 was not enough PN will order U-214!

First of all its not U its Type 212 which is the deadliest and off course deadlier than Type 214.

Type 214 is an export version of Type 212 which lacks certain Type 212 features.

As of today Type 212 which is better than Type 214 is only available to German and Italian Navy and both the navies does not have or intend to have Type-214.

As of today Type-214 is in service with Greece and Korea (South) and further will be inducted to Turkish Navy.

Type-214 is also offered to India (since PN is yet to finalize) hence the ship goes to the better bidder since both IN and PN wont have same class of sub.

you are very much wrong germans never ofered them to india.

First of all its not U its Type 212 which is the deadliest and off course deadlier than Type 214.

Type 214 is an export version of Type 212 which lacks certain Type 212 features.

As of today Type 212 which is better than Type 214 is only available to German and Italian Navy and both the navies does not have or intend to have Type-214.

As of today Type-214 is in service with Greece and Korea (South) and further will be inducted to Turkish Navy.

Type-214 is also offered to India (since PN is yet to finalize) hence the ship goes to the better bidder since both IN and PN wont have same class of sub.

India rejected the 214 because it was too expensive, Germany came to us.

212 is not "far better" than 214...

India rejected the 214 because it was too expensive, Germany came to us.

India havent rejected it yet. For Project-76 there are 2 front runners. Amur and Type-214.

Both subs make sense as India is operating Type 209 on which Type 212 is based and Kilo's on which Amur is based.

India plans to buy 6 new subs, says Navy chief

"We are now actively looking at the second line of submarines after the Scorpenes. I think the global tender for the six new submarines should be floated in the next financial year (2008-2009)," navy chief Admiral Sureesh Mehta told TOI. The contenders for the six new submarines could include the German HDW and Russian Amur submarines, with the French Scorpenes also being in the reckoning for a repeat order.

Read full report http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/..._subs_says_Navy_chief/articleshow/2588616.cms

212 is not "far better" than 214...

Help urself.

Type 212 submarine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Type 214 submarine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No thanks, I already knew you were stealing **** from Wiki, don't offer that to me :enjoy:

I was just making a point that Type 212 is more deadlier than Type214 and Type 212 is not for export.

If u dont like wiki go to naval technology or official HDW site. Facts wont change.

Besides the Type-214 offer to India claims are not from wiki just in case u r still under impression that India wont go for Type 214.

Thank you for the link. I will believe it when it happens as I was hearing same thing about Merlins.

Now I'm not one to count my chickens before they hatch either, but I don't believe the comparison with the Marlin is apt. The Marlin never made it off the drawing board, whereas, in the link I posted, the HDW Chief is claiming 94% of the work towards finalizing a contract is completed.

There is a huge difference between the two scenarios.

Now I'm not one to count my chickens before they hatch either, but I don't believe the comparison with the Marlin is apt. The Marlin never made it off the drawing board, whereas, in the link I posted, the HDW Chief is claiming 94% of the work towards finalizing a contract is completed.

There is a huge difference between the two scenarios.

Lets wait and watch. When it happens I will be the first to congratulate you.

Oh it will happen soon inshallah !! iam sure some would hate to see that happen :woot: :cheesy:

214s are better than 212s.. we discussed this before. Kindly search.

India is not going to get 214s. It is too far behind in the deal, and extremely slow with its tenders.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom