What's new

PMIK wins vote of confidence

Naani amma is shouting vote ko izzat do and look what they did with vote of MNAs. Still dumb Pakistanis support this haram ki pedawar lot.
Dumb dont..educated do..
Look at central punjab highly educated--->PMLN
As compared unpar awaam of south punjab
High moral ground can't be selective. Will IK take any concrete action against his MNAs who sold their votes?
BTW I am no patwari. Just wanted to clarify before being labeled as one. Big supporter and as well as voter of IK but this selective display of morality is becoming a bit embarrassing.
He will if he figures out who they are.. That wont be easy
High moral ground can't be selective. Will IK take any concrete action against his MNAs who sold their votes?
BTW I am no patwari. Just wanted to clarify before being labeled as one. Big supporter and as well as voter of IK but this selective display of morality is becoming a bit embarrassing.
He will if he figures out who they are.. That wont be easy

Pakistan needs continuity. On diplomatic, military and socio-economic fronts, Pakistani is going in the right direction.

And today's victory is not a victory of PTI but the victory of the state of Pakistan. Alhamdolillah!

I am not Insafian or belong to any other party, in-fact I hate politics of personal reasons but last time, he fired around 20 of them for same reason I think. I don't think so the man will let them go this time or otherwise, it will haunt him forever.

Not exactly a huge victory although it's no surprise that it's being spun as such. Vote of confidence is of course a big step, I'm sure their members were harried outside of parliament, corralled and beseeched alike, and threatened that they'd have the parliamentary whip withdrawn among other consequences for those that did not comply. On the other hand, a defeat would have been disastrous and unlikely at this stage.

In truth the last few days have shown that the government has been panicking, the container style speech IK gave, the ordinance and confidence vote, these are not the kind of steps taken by confident and comfortable incumbents, they've been shaken a bit and they're trying desperately to nip this opposition game in the bud. But it won't end here. If the establishment continues this neutral approach, there are loads of ways to cause upsets here and there. Some of those who defected the ranks in Gillani's election were promised a ticket in any upcoming election, people like that don't tend to fear the whip, they may fear what the establishment says, but nothing their own party might do.

Parliamentary arithmetic is the same, the senate shake up is still coming. My next guess for what's to come is, more government crackdown, including arrests of key opposition leaders, NAB being activated once more, but that is a game that will lead to more agitation and opposition rallying. Opposition are this stage are probably very confident, the big challenge ahead of them is how they can accommodate defectors from PTI's ranks, and what they might agree upon post future vote of no confidence. In plain words, Nawaz and Zardari will need to come to some sort of understanding on what a future election will be like, who gives whom party tickets to former PTI members and where, this is easier said than done. However, if the establishment steps back in, all this will be delayed again, and we'll go back to PDM rallies where anti-establishment rhetoric is abound and street agitation is the method. If the PDM succeeds however, there could be some powerplays and conflicts between PPP and PMLN.

If the PDM can agree on a way forward, if the establishment doesn't back IK openly and fully, then at the time of their choosing PDM can activate a no confidence vote, and it's very likely that they will not lose that future vote, and Imran's will have to go. As for IK, even if he starts losing, he may have a few last nuclear options in his arsenal, I wonder if he'll exercise them and how. The next few months will be interesting.

He's in a fix right now as he can't ask them to step down which would mean losing precious seats. However he can take this to court and get Gillani denotified from his senate seat citing multiple evidence to the corrupt practice clauses underlined in the constitution. They've already went to court today for this, lets see how this plays out.

I am not Insafian or belong to any other party, in-fact I hate politics of personal reasons but last time, he fired around 20 of them for same reason I think. I don't think so the man will let them go this time or otherwise, it will haunt him forever.

His supporters doesn't expect anything less but this time it will be a suicide mission. If he fires them he may not be the PM anymore.

Not exactly a huge victory although it's no surprise that it's being spun as such. Vote of confidence is of course a big step, I'm sure their members were harried outside of parliament, corralled and beseeched alike, and threatened that they'd have the parliamentary whip withdrawn among other consequences for those that did not comply. On the other hand, a defeat would have been disastrous and unlikely at this stage.

In truth the last few days have shown that the government has been panicking, the container style speech IK gave, the ordinance and confidence vote, these are not the kind of steps taken by confident and comfortable incumbents, they've been shaken a bit and they're trying desperately to nip this opposition game in the bud. But it won't end here. If the establishment continues this neutral approach, there are loads of ways to cause upsets here and there. Some of those who defected the ranks in Gillani's election were promised a ticket in any upcoming election, people like that don't tend to fear the whip, they may fear what the establishment says, but nothing their own party might do.

Parliamentary arithmetic is the same, the senate shake up is still coming. My next guess for what's to come is, more government crackdown, including arrests of key opposition leaders, NAB being activated once more, but that is a game that will lead to more agitation and opposition rallying. Opposition are this stage are probably very confident, the big challenge ahead of them is how they can accommodate defectors from PTI's ranks, and what they might agree upon post future vote of no confidence. In plain words, Nawaz and Zardari will need to come to some sort of understanding on what a future election will be like, who gives whom party tickets to former PTI members and where, this is easier said than done. However, if the establishment steps back in, all this will be delayed again, and we'll go back to PDM rallies where anti-establishment rhetoric is abound and street agitation is the method. If the PDM succeeds however, there could be some powerplays and conflicts between PPP and PMLN.

If the PDM can agree on a way forward, if the establishment doesn't back IK openly and fully, then at the time of their choosing PDM can activate a no confidence vote, and it's very likely that they will not lose that future vote, and Imran's will have to go. As for IK, even if he starts losing, he may have a few last nuclear options in his arsenal, I wonder if he'll exercise them and how. The next few months will be interesting.
You're discounting Gillani being denotified in light of a mountain of evidence.

His supporters doesn't expect anything less but this time it will be a suicide mission. If he fires them he may not be the PM anymore.

That's not the way you think. There will be re-election on those seats if they are stripped off the assembly tag.

I do not think he will fire them immediately. He doesn't need to either but he definitely will do when deems fit. Much desperately awaited Reforms and Legislations (& a possible Referendum for Presidential System) are more important right now.

If a peace treaty could be signed with kufar for a larger win later, then delaying the firing of these sellouts is a very small manoeuvring by IK for greater good for the country. Next few months will be important.

He has proven that he is not in power for himself and he gave everyone an open opportunity to break ranks.

IK is going to bulldoze opposition and ECP in coming months now that road to new legislations and reforms is clear (joint sessions passing legislations quickly). Sit tight and try not to scream too much.

Shikast Khor PML N & PPP , FAZLU did not even show up for his Lassi Drink , sala 80 Lakh ki Lassi Peta tha bhudha

IK is going to bulldoze opposition and ECP in coming months now that road to new legislations and reforms is clear (joint sessions passing legislations quickly). Sit tight and try not to scream too much.

Famous last words my friend, this might be IK & Co's Baghdad Bob moment. I'm no sage, I could be completely wrong. :tup:

How Can Hafeez Sheikh Loose? A Candidate brought forwards in the cabinet by Establishment herself in the first place? It only means, There are second thoughts about this Govts finally in upper circles, sooner or later it will be sent packing like always. But before moving towards next govt there are things which needs to be cleared out and needs to be address first. and for that negotiations are ongoing. First, Establishment want to adjust their "pets" either in PMLN or PPP and/or creates another party out of PTI, BAP,GDA,PMLQ,Southren Punjab Front etc. The pressure is on PMLN to take a great chunk of that lot in their wings bcz majority these turncoats are belongs in Punjab Province. If PMLN resist than a new amalgamation will be formed out. The bottom line is Establishment wants their very own "Turncoats" in new setup by hook or by crook, once that is settled, this hybrid regime will be shown the door immediately.

Back
Top Bottom