What's new

PMA/LC and suggestions need Helpp!!!

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I have a little problem I'm 21 years old since this last june.
My problem is I want to join army but I'm giving my A levels next May/June and my result won't be until well end of august .
How do I get around this as I know the last date of joining as per official documents is June for PMA/LC.
What shld i do? should I continue my graduation and then join as a captain through the Grad course?

I have a little problem I'm 21 years old since this last june.
My problem is I want to join army but I'm giving my A levels next May/June and my result won't be until well end of august .
How do I get around this as I know the last date of joining as per official documents is June for PMA/LC.
What shld i do? should I continue my graduation and then join as a captain through the Grad course?
There is a mechanism fro A-level students for applying in armed forces. Visit any nearest selection centre for more details and requirements. Personally i would recommend join after A-levels instead of grad course. It has more promotion chances and career opportunities.

There is a mechanism fro A-level students for applying in armed forces. Visit any nearest selection centre for more details and requirements. Personally i would recommend join after A-levels instead of grad course. It has more promotion chances and career opportunities.
Thanks bro,Do you think anyone can join after the End date of PMA/LC?

Thanks bro,Do you think anyone can join after the End date of PMA/LC?
You can apply for the next batch. There used to be two batches a year(even number and odd number ones and people used to have various theories how even number ones were more difficult) now not sure whats the procedure now.

You can apply for the next batch. There used to be two batches a year(even number and odd number ones and people used to have various theories how even number ones were more difficult) now not sure whats the procedure now.
Hi Jinn,Thanks so much dude
I guess Its like a Summer and winter batch?

Don't thank me till you have cleared intelligence test and physical tests at AS&RC.
PMA 138 Long course registration Start Date

04th April, 2016

PMA long Course Registration Last Date

05th May, 2016

well bro? this is exactly my problem my result is in august !Traditionally A-level students get their result on august.
I need some other ideas ,I guess I should visit the SC.
Btw man I was reading the Fitness tests for the Grad course,I have never heard anything about Intel and Fitness tests of ASRC.What are the fitness tests comprise of and the Intel I fathom is of Physics and GK?
Damn dude I was a runner in Junior school and a retired fast bowler LOL I hope I will get through : @

Hi Jinn,Thanks so much dude
I guess Its like a Summer and winter batch?
Yeah you can classify them according to seasons. Anyways if you are awaiting result then cant you have a 'Hope Certificate' issued from your college, wont that work?

Yeah you can classify them according to seasons. Anyways if you are awaiting result then cant you have a 'Hope Certificate' issued from your college, wont that work?
classify ? well isn't thr a winter batch already?
Nope Cambridge is the worlds greatest dictator ,isn't happening

PMA 138 Long course registration Start Date

04th April, 2016

PMA long Course Registration Last Date

05th May, 2016

well bro? this is exactly my problem my result is in august !Traditionally A-level students get their result on august.
I need some other ideas ,I guess I should visit the SC.
Btw man I was reading the Fitness tests for the Grad course,I have never heard anything about Intel and Fitness tests of ASRC.What are the fitness tests comprise of and the Intel I fathom is of Physics and GK?
Damn dude I was a runner in Junior school and a retired fast bowler LOL I hope I will get through : @
PMA 139 is in October and the brightest of A-level students get embarrassed after giving the intelligence test .The physical tests are no joke. Apply If you are serious . All decency and ethics are placed on a side.

classify ? well isn't thr a winter batch already?
Nope Cambridge is the worlds greatest dictator ,isn't happening
Yeah the winter batches are Even number ones, rumor has it that they also are a bit tough since you join the academy around November and its very cold over there and gets even colder for the rest of the first term which is the most crucial. If you can't apply for this one then you should apply for the next one, you would also stand better chances of being selected since most of the candidates from cadet colleges apply in even number ones and they are already half faujis.:agree:

PMA 139 is in October and the brightest of A-level students get embarrassed after giving the intelligence test .The physical tests are no joke. Apply If you are serious . All decency and ethics are placed on a side.
Dude I'm dead serious ,I'm gonna get myself run over by a truck but I ain't backing down this is the continuation of my dream when I was 4 years old.Moreover I don't think anything is harder than A-level CIE's seriously man ,Its not AP(America) or what ever system ,Cambridge owns them all ,It is the harder Pre-U Exam on the planet I've done the comparison personally,But in Pakistan they do an equivalence all respect to our countries education system ,They do an equivalence with FSC ,having many friends who do FSC,Its all about mucking everything up your brain no "know how"
Preliminary Selection
Written/ Intelligence Tests. Written/Intelligence tests will be based on multiple choice questions from English, Maths, Pak Studies, Islamiat and General Knowledge. The candidates declared successful in written/intelligence tests will undergo physical / medical tests and interviews at AS&RCs.Do you think that these tests as I have heard by people is the same as those in FA/Fsc?
What is the point of having two physical tests through the ISSB and As/RC?
(2) Physical Tests
(a) 1.6 Km Run - 8 ½ minutes . The candidates must qualify the following physical standards at the time of preliminary selection:-(I think I can do that No big deal
(b) Push Ups - 15 repetitions in 2 minutes(Well right now I can do about 8 max
(c) Sit Ups - 15 repetitions in 2 minutes(Never been there :P)
(d) Chin Ups - 3 repetitions in 2 minutes(3 ? I do more)
(e) Ditch Crossing - 7’.4” x 7’.4” with a depth of 4’(How on eartth where do i Find ditches?
Yeah the winter batches are Even number ones, rumor has it that they also are a bit tough since you join the academy around November and its very cold over there and gets even colder for the rest of the first term which is the most crucial. If you can't apply for this one then you should apply for the next one, you would also stand better chances of being selected since most of the candidates from cadet colleges apply in even number ones and they are already half faujis.:agree:
Fantastic,I suck in winters which is what makes people laugh as I belong to one of the coldest parts of Pakistan .Damn..Anyways thanks again guys

(2) Physical Tests
(a) 1.6 Km Run - 8 ½ minutes . The candidates must qualify the following physical standards at the time of preliminary selection:-(I think I can do that No big deal
(b) Push Ups - 15 repetitions in 2 minutes(Well right now I can do about 8 max
(c) Sit Ups - 15 repetitions in 2 minutes(Never been there :P)
(d) Chin Ups - 3 repetitions in 2 minutes(3 ? I do more)
(e) Ditch Crossing - 7’.4” x 7’.4” with a depth of 4’(How on eartth where do i Find ditches?

Fantastic,I suck in winters which is what makes people laugh as I belong to one of the coldest parts of Pakistan .Damn..Anyways thanks again guys
If you are good at running then that is good, you better start aiming for 1 mile in 5 min's........This will relieve major pressure of you once in PMA. Also try running 5 and 9 mile's...I forgot their time limits but if i remember correctly time isn't an issue for these.
For sit ups if you are slim that shouldn't be a problem.
For Pushups and and Chin ups join a gym and do some weight training it will boost your muscle strength and stamina tremendously.
For ditch crossing first mark the distance on ground and create two points and if you can make it from one to another, you'll be able to make it over the ditch as well.
If still you feel that you need more help you can join those training academies, I think Col Aslam's one was the most popular back in the days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom