What's new

PM Shehbaz green-lights 10,000MW solar project to cut imported fuel use

Good initiative unlike con man Niazi who didn’t produce 1MW during his 10 years in KPK and 4 years in Federal.

E2D81F57-42E1-4967-859D-A60A6802C2F7.jpeg

Will pocket most of the funds as he did at earthquake time .
This criminal is the reason many westerners are holding back giving flood relief aid .

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Thursday gave the go-ahead for the execution of 10,000 megawatts solar energy project to reduce the import bill of costly diesel and furnace oil.

The prime minister made the decision during a meeting called to discuss measures for providing “major relief to the masses”, the state-run wire service reported.

The prime minister stressed upon the authorities that the electricity should be generated through solar instead of imported fuel.

The meeting was informed that the solar plan would help save billions of dollars.

In the first phase, the solar energy would be supplied to the government buildings, tube wells operating on electricity and diesel and domestic consumers with low consumption.

The prime minister directed the relevant authorities to ensure the early installation of solar plants to provide relief to the people before the next summer season.

He asked the authorities concerned to immediately start the execution of the project.

He also called for holding a conference of all stakeholders by next week before the bidding process.

In a tweet later in the day, the PM said that a major chunk of electricity was produced from “imported fuel whose prices have gone up in recent months”.

“Our National Solar Energy Initiative is aimed at substituting costly energy with cheap solar power, which will provide massive relief to people and save precious foreign exchange,” he added.

Last month, the premier had said the government would soon launch 6,000MW to 7,000MW solar energy projects to cut dependence on imported fuel.

Talking to a delegation of the Pakistan America Business Forum in Islamabad, PM Shehbaz had said the government was committed to ensuring favourable conditions for foreign investors with the aim to strengthen the national economy.
More kick backs and expensive power
Let see if we will see 3-4 cent price as its global average or higher

Technically it should be cheaper to setup since labour is cheap and all panels come from same source i.e china but ROI being higher i would say should cost around the same

But kick backs will determine the outcome

What makes me laugh is you dont let people setup these(no net metering offered)

I would have let people/private sector done this at much cheaper price..

But govt refuses to offer net metering in most areas

Great news for Pakistan. Visionary leadership :cheers:

Good initiative unlike con man Niazi who didn’t produce 1MW during his 10 years in KPK and 4 years in Federal.
Agree
Con man lied about 400 mw of hydro power that he is sending to martian via radio satelite
FB_IMG_1663616680524.jpg

International funding for green energy initiatives are easy and cheap for developing countries. This initiative is a good start for Pakistan to reduce its carbon footprint while at the same time reducing fossil fuel import charges. How can this possibly not be good news? :coffee:

Mind pulling a source for that?

International funding for green energy initiatives are easy and cheap for developing countries. This initiative is a good start for Pakistan to reduce its carbon footprint while at the same time reducing fossil fuel import charges. How can this possibly not be good news? :coffee:

Look no further than Quaid-e-Azam solar park.

Look no further than Quaid-e-Azam solar park.
I just googled this and found 4.6 star google review for the project. Why is that a problem?

EDIT: Seems like it is a CPEC project that is under implementation. Phase 1 is already online - https://cpec.gov.pk/project-details/10

The credit for green energy from western countries will likely be cheaper than CPEC rate. :cheers:

I just googled this and found 4.6 star google review for the project. Why is that a problem?

EDIT: Seems like it is a CPEC project that is under implementation. Phase 1 is already online - https://cpec.gov.pk/project-details/10

The credit for green energy from western countries will likely be cheaper than CPEC rate. :cheers:

If you are taking google reviews as a metric for judging a project, then sorry to say, I truly overestimated your intelligence.

Anyways, if you are indeed interested in this project and not simply trolling, have a look at how much energy the project has generated till date, and is generating now against it's billed capacity, and what is the NEPRA tariff for this.

If you are taking google reviews as a metric for judging a project, then sorry to say, I truly overestimated your intelligence.

Anyways, if you are indeed interested in this project and not simply trolling, have a look at how much energy the project has generated till date, and is generating now against it's billed capacity, and what is the NEPRA tariff for this.
Yea, I was joking about the google reviews. :lol:

I see that there are some cost issues by reading the Wiki page for this project. But lower financing cost and lessons learned from the previous project can make this one a success. It is upto the bureaucracy in Pakistan to deliver this vision

Yea, I was joking about the google reviews. :lol:

I see that there are some cost issues by reading the Wiki page for this project. But lower financing cost and lessons learned from the previous project can make this one a success. It is upto the bureaucracy in Pakistan to deliver this vision

Oh my bad then!

The lessons learned from this project weren't anything that came out of the blue or were unexpected.

This project becamse a victim to political expediencies, hence the pathetic result. As long as projects keep on becoming political tools, this will continue to happen.

Back
Top Bottom