What's new

PM Modi vists Ladakh Frontline Troops

Supporting my country doesn't mean I shy away from criticizing our tatti politicians.
What amazes me is the fact that so called nationalists r reluctant to even ask questions to this govt.
Tell me,, if this is the response in JnK,, what do u expect in Arunachal/northeast.
Heads shud roll.
Of course not. My admiration of Modi has gone down several significant notches since this incident.. I'm angry, everyone is angry and unhappy with recent events.. I have close family serving (navy) who were deployed in a very unusual manner (quick reaction) and everyone was wondering wtf happened.. we found out the next day on TV and put 2 and 2 together.

The Indian military isn't playing games here.

This just isn't the time to be political point scoring. Heck, I'd even support Raul Ghandy if he was PM now.

Exotic choice of words, hahaha.

Old majority man, you should look for my posts before passing judgements on me. I do support.
lol

kehne ka matlab was, ki yaar, is cheez ko le ke toh zara apni zubaan pe chuppi laga do.. baad me post mortem karenge, aur, agar banta hai, to Modi ki gaand pe laat maar ke isko kursi se hata bhi denge.. hamara system alag hai, yeh saala koi she jinpin ki tareh koi dictator for life nahi hai

Of course not. My admiration of Modi has gone down several significant notches since this incident.. I'm angry, everyone is angry and unhappy with recent events.. I have close family serving (navy) who were deployed in a very unusual manner (quick reaction) and everyone was wondering wtf happened.. we found out the next day on TV and put 2 and 2 together.

The Indian military isn't playing games here.

This just isn't the time to be political point scoring. Heck, I'd even support Raul Ghandy if he was PM now.

lol

kehne ka matlab was, ki yaar, is cheez ko le ke toh zara apni zubaan pe chuppi laga do.. baad me post mortem karenge, aur, agar banta hai, to Modi ki gaand pe laat maar ke isko kursi se hata bhi denge.. hamara system alag hai, yeh saala koi she jinpin ki tareh koi dictator for life nahi hai
I dont't anything India will do anything now. Looks just facesaving. What do you say @PanzerKiel ?

Kuch nai hoga. I gaurantee you

I dont't anything India will do anything now. Looks just facesaving. What do you say @PanzerKiel ?

Kuch nai hoga. I gaurantee you
Despite their deployments, it certainly seems like China is in no mood to escalate this.

Which is a good thing for the region in general, never mind the rabid craziness on this forum we're witnessing from all factions.

It has cost Modi politically, thing is.. elections are 4 years away, for now he hangs on to that massive mandate and will probably sail through this most horrible of crises as well.

Baaki.. mobilization, logistics etc ki real time military exercise chal rahi hai, and these are good lessons for the forces.

kya chahte ho ?

bandook utha ke Chinese troops ko snipe kar de Modi ? :lol:

In my opinion, Indian Defence Minister Rajnath Singh should have accompanied as well. Its baffling for me why didnt he go in the first place.
Operational safety maybe, you don't want to group your top leadership together in visits like this.

It could have been either defence minister or prime minister..

a PM visit sends a bigger signal to our guys and enemies alike.

In a strong message to China, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said that the era of expansionism is over, and history is proof that expansionists have “either lost or were forced to turn back”. The Prime Minister added that bravery is a pre-requisite for peace and that those who are weak can never initiate peace.

Modi, who arrived this morning in Leh, Ladakh, to review the ongoing border conflict, said: “The age of expansionism is over, this is the age of development. History is witness that expansionist forces have either lost or were forced to turn back.”

The Prime Minister made the remark after meeting the soldiers who were injured in the violent Galwan clashes last week. Twenty Indian Army personnel had lost their lives in the faceoff last month.

Modi was accompanied by Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat and Army Chief General MM Naravane, at Nimu and the trio interacted with Army, Air Force and ITBP personnel this morning. This is the first high profile visit from the executive leadership to the region ever since the border standoff erupted in early May.

Addressing the soldiers, Modi said: “Your courage is higher than the heights where you are posted today. When the safety of the country is in your hands, then there is a belief. Not only me, but the entire nation believes in you and is not worried. You inspire every citizen to work day and night. Our resolve for ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ (self-reliant India) has become stronger because of you and your strong resolve. The valour shown by you has shown India’s strength on the global front.”

He added: “India’s enemies have seen your fire and fury. Those who are weak can never initiate peace. Bravery is a pre-requisite for peace. Your will power is as strong and firm as Himalayas; the whole country is proud of you.”

Besides the injured soldiers, Modi also met the local military leadership, including Lt. General Harinder Singh, XIV Corps Commander.

Nimu, a forward location, is at a height of 11,000 feet and among the tough terrains. It lies on the banks of the river Indus and is surrounded by the Zanskar range.

While paying tributes to the soldiers during his Mann ki Baat address last Sunday, Modi had said: “Those who cast an evil eye on Indian soil in Ladakh have got a befitting response. India honours the spirit of friendship… she is also capable of giving an appropriate response to any adversary, without shying away. Our brave soldiers have proven that they will not let anyone cast an evil eye on the glory and honour of Mother India.”

Defence Minister Rajnath Singh was initially scheduled to visit Ladakh today along with the Army Chief, but his visit was deferred on Thursday.

Friday marks Naravane’s third visit to Ladakh since the standoff began in May. He visited the XIV Corps headquarters in Leh on his first visit, while on his second, he met the injured soldiers and visited forward areas.

Lt. General Harinder Singh, on the other hand, has met his Chinese counterpart for three high-level military discussions so far, the last being on Tuesday. The discussions have been inconclusive, suggesting that more military and diplomatic meetings will be required to end the stalemate.

Both sides had “emphasised the need for an expeditious, phased and step-wise de-escalation as a priority,” at the meeting held at Chushul, which is on the Indian side of the Chushul-Moldo Border Personnel Meeting (BPM) point in eastern Ladakh. The previous two meetings, on June 6 and June 22, had been held on the Chinese territory at Moldo.

Indian and Chinese troops have been involved in a face-off at multiple locations in the region. The friction points include North bank of Pangong Tso, Hot Springs, Vohra Post and Galwan Valley.
Link

Visiting before they need a Visa
You are bad, really bad. I love it.

Bad example i believe....

Bush visited a FOREIGN country whose ruler he wanted to topple.....

in this case PM Modi is visiting Leh, which is already with India......hope Modi doesnt intend toppling HIMSELF.
good catch.

Modi went on tourist spot Nimmoo, instead of Galwan valley which taken by China

90jRlCt.png

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020...ion-troops-clashed-china-200703055736037.html

Nimoo is the main base of a mechanized infantry brigade which will carry out Panzergrenadier assaults against Chinese lines in Ladakh. So it is far more important and symbolic than any other post anywhere in ladakh

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom