What's new

PM Modi may cancel MFN status to Pakistan

I have seen how much trade these pakistani traders do in the annual Trade Fair which happens every November in Delhi. They sell their cheap stuff at astonishing prices. Though I am not interested in shopping at these trade fair, but I enquired few last year, an average looking Gents kurta was being sold at INR 2000 which has very minimal hand work on the front side. Thats too much of the price.

A small green stone decorative piece not more than couple of inches in measurement was for INR 1500. I was like, WTF..

These pakistani traders earn fortune selling their products in India. I guess India doing the right stuff by withdrawing the MFN status. I am sure, if not substantial, it will have some impact.

I'm not sure what better idea you have but even your own reply suggests that this has nothing to do with Pakistani cement and GoI had dealt with any threat of cartelisation effectively long before.

I just explained the facts in my previous post. Read it again if you did not understand what my better idea was.

As long as pakistani cement comes cheap and with same quality, we are better off importing them.

Tomorrow if Indian companies offer to sell cement cheaper than pakistan, then by all means put a Ban on pakistani cement.

Stop exaggerating. Pakistan has hardly any trade with India. If anything, it is India is which is actively seeking Pakistani trade routes to CAS. Pakistan has nothing to lose.

Well do you think 3% as an exaggeration dude ?? :)

India is the primary consumer of Pakistan Cement. If the trade is stopped Pakistan will feel the cement heat. :p:

India can very well depend on China or Bangladesh for that. :)

Last edited:
I just explained the facts in my previous post. Read it again if you did not understand what my better idea was.

As long as pakistani cement comes cheap and with same quality, we are better off importing them.

Tomorrow if Indian companies offer to sell cement cheaper than pakistan, then by all means put a Ban on pakistani cement.

It's not about reading, it's about you making a connection to roads , infrastructure & GoI with Pakistani cement.

The second point is something even more basic, you are suggesting that there be no consequences to the loss of Indian life and that cement from Pakistan & the slight difference they can cause to the prices in certain geographical areas is reason enough to continue with the status quo. I disagree.

It's not about reading, it's about you making a connection to roads , infrastructure & GoI with Pakistani cement.

The second point is something even more basic, you are suggesting that there be no consequences to the loss of Indian life and that cement from Pakistan & the slight difference they can cause to the prices in certain geographical areas is reason enough to continue with the status quo. I disagree.

We are taking action by diverting the Ravi, bea and Sutlej Away from pakistan.

We are taking action by working on the Indus river and suspending the IWT commission indefinitely till the terror stops.

We are providing support to Baluchistan.

We are working diplomatically to isolate pakistan globally and penalise their economy and quality of life.

We are doing a whole bunch of things that will cost us very little but will be very expensive for pakistan in the long run.

Still, if we can manage to find a cheaper source of cement, I am all for banning pakistani cement.

The revoke of MFN status has the potential to destroy your Cement industry all together, if used correctly. India will have to convince Afghanistan as well I guess. :)

The following link should be an eye opener. :)

http://www.apcma.com/data_export.html

Exports to India + Afghanistan together represent about 12% or so of Pakistan's total cement production. So it would be bad, sure...but not anywhere near complete destruction.

Exports to India + Afghanistan together represent about 12% or so of Pakistan's total cement production. So it would be bad, sure...but not anywhere near complete destruction.

Why not China is the largest producer of cement. So for Pakistan no other immediate neighbor apart from India and Afghanistan require cement in large quantities, Iran only require a fraction of it, China being the largest producer of the world may consider cement Import, not vice versa. So If India-Afghan come to terms they can surely hurt the industry in a bad way.

Don't consider but do it already, Darpoke India.

Unlike you guys, we like to consider things we do thoroughly....:lol: Learn patience. Nothing more enjoyable than drag this out & elicit reactions such as yours....

Isolating Pakistan economically is a much better option than Cancelling MFN status.

India should engage with countries which are importing goods from Pakistan to replace their imports with Indian stuff. India should either kill Pakistani exports with either government subsidized Indian substitutes or by using pressure tactics.

India should ban entry of any Pakistani goods in India.

Stop issuing Visas to all Pakistanis. Especially ban entry of Pakistani artists which are their only soft power, Only allow Pakistani requiring medical treatment.

Make sure that Pakistani media keeps people of Pakistan remain focused on anti India rhetoric and Encourage corrupt political leadership and corrupt establishment to carry on ruling the country and fooling its citizens, till the day it becomes a failed state.

In the meanwhile we can carry on isolating Pakistan diplomatically till it becomes totally dependent on China for its very survival. Then it will either become an atheism state or disintegrate into factions of fundamentalists and liberals.

India has decided to review the ‘Most Favoured Nation’ Status given to Pakistan.

India’s move to review the Most Favoured Nation (MFN) status given to Pakistan is a manifestation of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s calculated economic isolation strategy of war without bullets.

Read more: Pak, India should resolve matters with diplomacy, not violence: US

Prime Minister Narendra Modi will chair a review meeting on September 29.

Officials from Indian external affairs ministry and commerce ministry will attend the meeting.

The move follows the Modi government’s decision to look for options beyond diplomatic pressure after the terror attack on an Army camp at Uri along the line of control that killed 18 soldiers.

The move itself may not have much impact on Pakistan’s economy as bilateral trade is very low between the two neighbours.

Read more: India has to answer for its crimes in IoK: Maleeha

Earlier, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Monday as he chaired a review meeting of Indus Water Treaty during which it was decided that India will “exploit to the maximum” the water of Pakistan-controlled rivers, including Jhelum, as per the water-sharing pact.

Held amidst heightened tensions between India and Pakistan, the meeting also decided to set up an inter-ministerial task force to go into the details and working of the treaty with a “sense of urgency”, Indian media reported, citing senior government officials.

In the meeting, the Indian premier reportedly zeroed in on adopting an aggressive strategy to raise pressure on Pakistan.

The move came days after he threatened Pakistan with global ‘isolation’ following the recent Uri attack.

http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2016/09/27/national/india-to-revoke-mfn-status-given-to-pakistan/

Unlike you guys, we like to consider things we do thoroughly....:lol: Learn patience. Nothing more enjoyable than drag this out & elicit reactions such as yours....

Is that why India has more people than all of Africa put together.

Also while you're at it, stop the prostitution of Indian women in Pakistani cinemas.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom