What's new

PM makes polio vaccination mandatory for travellers from FATA to other provinces

dawn_news

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: In a desperate attempt to control the spread of poliovirus in Pakistan, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Thursday issued an order to not let people from tribal areas enter other provinces if they are not immunised, Express News reported.
Pakistan is facing global travel restrictions for its failure to ensure a polio-free country.

The government – criticised for not doing enough – has now decided to deploy army personnel on the border of the tribal belt to monitor movement of locals into the bordering provinces.

Many in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas – where propaganda against polio vaccination is rife – are not immunised against the crippling disease.

Pakistan’s reported polio cases for the year climbed to 61 on May 12, as two fresh samples collected from children in Karachi and North Waziristan Agency were confirmed as poliovirus type 1.

Finally waking up to the global fallout from the polio threat, the federal lawmakers had recently passed a non-binding resolution calling for the implementation of polio immunisation programme (EPI).

The resolution urged the lawmakers to make a commitment that they would monitor and implement vaccination campaigns in their respective constituencies.

Read more: polio

and how will one know that...if they are immunized or nt...

Anti-Polio Drive : Army To Be Deployed On FATA Border Points

Published at: Thursday, May 15, 2014 11:50:57 AM Staff ReportISLAMABAD: PM Nawaz Sharif has decided to involve Pakistan Army to ensure security on all FATA borders points and to regulate ingress of people from FATA to settled area only if polio drops have been administered.According to statement issued by PM House, PM Nawaz Sharif also decided to place the issue of polio in the cabinet meeting today.Besides these, National coordinator has also been directed to meet the Governor KPK to ensure better access of polio workers.PM Nawaz Sharif has also decided to convene the meeting of national task force on polio as soon as possible. - See more at:

Anti-Polio Drive : Army To Be Deployed On FATA Border Points - JAAG TV

lol....they issue certificates......
how else will we know who is carrying the virus around to other cities? :unsure:

It may sound funny to you but we cant allow it to be a spreading endemic!

ISLAMABAD: In a desperate attempt to control the spread of poliovirus in Pakistan, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Thursday issued an order to not let people from tribal areas enter other provinces if they are not immunised, Express News reported.
Pakistan is facing global travel restrictions for its failure to ensure a polio-free country.

The government – criticised for not doing enough – has now decided to deploy army personnel on the border of the tribal belt to monitor movement of locals into the bordering provinces.

Many in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas – where propaganda against polio vaccination is rife – are not immunised against the crippling disease.

Pakistan’s reported polio cases for the year climbed to 61 on May 12, as two fresh samples collected from children in Karachi and North Waziristan Agency were confirmed as poliovirus type 1.

Finally waking up to the global fallout from the polio threat, the federal lawmakers had recently passed a non-binding resolution calling for the implementation of polio immunisation programme (EPI).

The resolution urged the lawmakers to make a commitment that they would monitor and implement vaccination campaigns in their respective constituencies.

Read more: polio
Finally some electrical impulses flowing in that tind!

when the world body made it mandatory to get a polio immunization certificate for travellers from Pakistan to other countries , this case of PML-N making a lame excuse for KPK Pakistanis as a political victimization came into discussion last week.

Now PML-N has forced it upon KPK people. Which means we will not be able to travel to Punjab without an immunization certificate.

WHich again means that if you are in emergency you have to miss your flights, medical treatment, functions, duty and what not because you cant get a certificate in one day.

lol....they issue certificates......

YEH govt hospitals do that after the ban was put on Pakistan.

Now even a 50 year old will get polio drops at govt hospitals and get a certificate before boarding a jahaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

and i was waiting for someone to give all this an ethnic touch, i gotta admit...i am not disappointed....i wont mind taking polio drops if i have to, its for my own good and for others.... :coffee:

and i was waiting for someone to give all this an ethnic touch, i gotta admit...i am not disappointed....i wont mind taking polio drops if i have to, its for my own good and for others.... :coffee:

Its not about ethnic touch.

This is political step by PML-N against KPK to take on PTI simple as that.

We should also make it mandatory for all Pakistani travelers from other provinces to get immunized before entering KPK.

same logic

@Nuri Nutt

Its good you deleted your post because you are unaware about what is going on in your own province.

Its not about ethnic touch.

This is political step by PML-N against KPK to take on PTI simple as that.

We should also make it mandatory for all Pakistani travelers from other provinces to get immunized before entering KPK.

same logic
It all depends the way one want to look at it.... as i stated earlier if i'm asked to take Polio drop before entering KPK i'll do that... and i agree with you that... all provinces should make sure that anyone entering or leaving certain province gets Polio drops... i said the same in another thread days back... :)

@Nuri Nutt

Its good you deleted your post because you are unaware about what is going on in your own province.

First read the news, its for FATA people entering KPK and rest of provinces. Facts are that 100% of polio cases have FATA origin, mostly around Waziristan. Also kids entering Punjab or other provinces and getting polio drops will only help them. Polio virus was found in Lahore gutter yet not a single case of polio? Because people are vaccinated in Punjab.

Ok stop making it a geopolitical matter!

Its a damn virus we need to eradicate because there are vaccines for it and it aint a pleasant one so will people put down their arms against finger pointing of other provinces and for once in their life do some bhalai for Pakistan as a country and just fight the damn it thing together?! Please?

Last edited:
Anti-Polio Drive : Army To Be Deployed On FATA Border Points

Published at: Thursday, May 15, 2014 11:50:57 AM Staff ReportISLAMABAD: PM Nawaz Sharif has decided to involve Pakistan Army to ensure security on all FATA borders points and to regulate ingress of people from FATA to settled area only if polio drops have been administered.According to statement issued by PM House, PM Nawaz Sharif also decided to place the issue of polio in the cabinet meeting today.Besides these, National coordinator has also been directed to meet the Governor KPK to ensure better access of polio workers.PM Nawaz Sharif has also decided to convene the meeting of national task force on polio as soon as possible. - See more at:

Shall I feel happy or feel sad?

Floods: Army jumps in

Earthquakes: Army jumps in

Country having danger politically: Army jumps in

Reconstruction efforts: Army jumps in

Rehabilitation: Army jumps in

Law and order situation: Army jumps in

And now

Polio vaccines: Army jumps in

What next?

Clean Pakistan campaign: Army jumps in

Enforce school education: Army jumps in

And the list goes on …………

And what army gets in return?

Meanwhile civil administration and relevant civilian authorities and the people running them?

Shall I feel happy or feel sad?

Floods: Army jumps in

Earthquakes: Army jumps in

Country having danger politically: Army jumps in

Reconstruction efforts: Army jumps in

Rehabilitation: Army jumps in

Law and order situation: Army jumps in

And now

Polio vaccines: Army jumps in

What next?

Clean Pakistan campaign: Army jumps in

Enforce school education: Army jumps in

And the list goes on …………

And what army gets in return?

Meanwhile civil administration and relevant civilian authorities and the people running them?

FATA is federal terrotery and the way things are going there only army is expected to carry this mission...

Back
Top Bottom