What's new

PM Imran urges Pakistanis to take to streets on Kashmir Day

jaibi

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Prime Minister Imran Khan has called upon Pakistanis at home and abroad to take to the streets on February 5, Kashmir Day, in support of the people of Indian Occupied Kashmir (IOK), who have been living under a complete lockdown since August 5 when New Delhi revoked the valley’s semi-autonomous status.

He made the appeal a day after Foreign Minster Shah Mehmood Qureshi announced a vigorous campaign to effectively highlight the Kashmir cause.

Internet shutdown in Kashmir and beyond

“I want Pakistanis at home and abroad to come out on 5th Feb in support of the 8 million Kashmiris who have been besieged by 900k Indian soldiers for almost 6 months by the fascist racist Modi regime,” the premier tweeted on Friday.

The foreign minister had announced that the government would initiate the Kashmir campaign from January 25, which will continue till February 5 to express the solidarity with the “oppressed” people of the occupied valley.

As part of the initiative, PM Imran would address the AJK legislative assembly, as well as a public gathering in Muzaffarabad on Kashmir Day.

Biggest Pakistani diaspora in any western country is in England.
Surprisingly, 70% of them are Kashmiris.
And you know what they are worried about? Palestine.

Good luck having rallies.

Will the Prime Minister lead the symbolic march?

They can start a long march which starts from Muzaffarabad and goes to CFL with President of Pakistan and Prime Minister leading the rally.

Mr. Khan's previous 30 minutes standing protests every Friday failed due to government not following their own very words.

So basically you are saying Pakistani embassies should hold a symbolic march and protest in their host countries?

Sounds practical. One question however, has any embassy lodged any request in any country to hold this march or rally.

Will the Prime Minister lead the symbolic march?

They can start a long march which starts from Muzaffarabad and goes to CFL with President of Pakistan and Prime Minister leading the rally.

Mr. Khan's previous 30 minutes standing protests every Friday failed due to government not following their own very words.

So basically you are saying Pakistani embassies should hold a symbolic march and protest in their host countries?

Sounds practical. One question however, has any embassy lodged any request in any country to hold this march or rally.
cant help being a BKM!!

Plenty of people have been having Kashmir rallies in the last year or so. My Masjid has organised at least half a dozen in the last year.

I wasn't talking about embassies and whether they are allowed to do such things or not.

I was talking about diaspora especially the Kashmiri diaspora. In my limited experience they are more vocal about Palestine issue than their own Kashmir.

Plenty of people have been having Kashmir rallies in the last year or so. My Masjid has organised at least half a dozen in the last year.

Where were they before last year?
How many people showed up?
Let me guess, a few dozens in a population of a million?

I wasn't talking about embassies and whether they are allowed to do such things or not.

I was talking about diaspora especially the Kashmiri diaspora. In my limited experience they are more vocal about Palestine issue than their own Kashmir.

Brexit has them busy exploiting legal loopholes of the British taxation system.

Meanwhile Pakistani water is being diverted to India

Brexit has them busy exploiting legal loopholes of the British taxation system.

Meanwhile Pakistani water is being diverted to India

Water diverted, dams build, India in Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Iran, Oman circling Pakistan and Pakistani Kashmiris dissing Pakistan and singing songs about Indian infrastructure while Brit Kashmiris rambling about no international airport in Mirpur because they don't wanna even land in Islamabad.

Water diverted, dams build, India in Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Iran, Oman circling Pakistan and Pakistani Kashmiris dissing Pakistan and singing songs about Indian infrastructure while Brit Kashmiris rambling about no international airport in Mirpur because they don't wanna even land in Islamabad.

Pound Sterling is preferred in Azad Kashmir as a currency.

I think best is to just declare referendum so these highly advanced human beings can return to their land and make Kashmir great again

Pound Sterling is preferred in Azad Kashmir as a currency.

I think best is to just declare referendum so these highly advanced human beings can return to their land and make Kashmir great again

Hamaray namak mai koi masla hai. Jo chakta hai namak haram hojata hai.

Hamaray namak mai koi masla hai. Jo chakta hai namak haram hojata hai.

looo kia baat kardi.

abhi himalayan namak thread per jao or comments dekh lo.

fitaratan baniye hain janaab log abhi 4 points barh jaegi stock exchange to ye hamadan gruh ke gruh shamil hojaenge

Where were they before last year?
How many people showed up?
Let me guess, a few dozens in a population of a million?

Idk, I know our masjid always takes people to them annually - but it's always midweek never on a weekend which is dumb.

You're right though.

The awareness of Kashmir was so limited till recently. Whereas awareness of Palestine is widespread.

We're a pretty shitty community though - apolitical, interested in money, short term-ism runs rife... Of course it's not the case for everyone.

In comparison Palestinians orgs in the UK raise a lot of awareness.

Back
Top Bottom