What's new

PM Imran Khan will address the nation at 8pm tonight

Prime Minister Imran Khan is expected to address the nation on the Kashmir issue at 5:30pm today.

Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Information Dr Firdous Ashiq Awan, who shared the news of the premier's address on Twitter, had on Saturday said that in a build-up to Prime Minister Imran's address to the United Nations General Assembly on September 27, the federal government would launch a series of events.

Read: No dialogue with India without Kashmiris: Firdous

Dr Awan had said that as part of the events, Prime Minister Imran would address the nation and a National Solidarity Day would be celebrated within a week to give a clear message of unity, harmony and ownership of the Kashmir cause.

Meanwhile, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and US President Donald Trump are expected to meet at the G7 in France today.

According to AFP, the US president will reportedly press the Indian premier to lift a communications blackout and show "utmost restraint".

A senior US administration official quoted by NDTV said: "The president will likely want to hear from Prime Minister Modi how he plans to reduce regional tensions and uphold respect for human rights for Kashmir, as part of India's role as the world's largest democracy."

The official said that Trump is "likely to stress the need for dialogue among all sides of the conflict and his hope that India would lift the communications and movement restrictions in Kashmir and exercise the utmost restraint in dealing with potential protests".

Since India's decision to strip Kashmiris of their seven-decade-long special autonomy through a rushed presidential order on August 5, the premier has repeatedly said that the Indian government's policy in the Himalayan region is in line with the "ideology" of the Hindu nationalist Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) party — said to be a parent organisation of the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) — that believes in "Hindu supremacy".

He has also alerted the international community to a possible "false flag operation" by the Indian leadership to "divert attention from massive human rights violations" in occupied Kashmir.

Lockdown enters fourth week
A communications blackout and heavy restrictions on movement imposed by the Indian authorities from the eve of New Delhi's decision to revoke Article 370 entered their 22nd day today.

However, the turning of the restive region into a fortress of barricades and barbed wire has not prevented protests and clashes with security forces taking place. Police on Monday said stone-throwing protestors killed a truck driver in occupied Kashmir.

In a demonstration in Anantnag district on Sunday protestors hurled stones at a truck that they believed to be a military vehicle. The 42-year-old driver was struck on the head and died, police said.

The Press Trust of India news agency said two men had been arrested over the incident.

India says no civilian has died from police action since August 5. But residents have said three people have been killed, including a young mother who choked after police fired tear-gas canisters into her home.

Read: Key hospitals in occupied Kashmir treat more than 150 tear gas, pellet injuries

Multiple hospital sources have told AFP at least 100 people had been hurt during the lockdown, some with firearm injuries.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1501784/pm-imran-to-address-nation-on-kashmir-today

I really hope he has something good against India this time, just words won't achieve anything. My heart and soul is with my Kashmiri brothers and sisters.

It's funny how guys crying "Kashmir is lost" are talking about war. You babus have only tasted defeat in your own imaginations and you are lamenting and posting negatively, emboldening our enemy. What will you people do when lives and battles are lost in war? Hari kari? Get a grip, we are approaching the start, not the end.

Who gives a sh1t what PMIK will and won't say. If we want Kashmir free we must be prepared to free it at any cost.

I agree with you but I think we already made a decision that we will not intervene.we took this decision based on our economy.i appreciate your passion for kashmir.we must fight but at the time and place of our choosing.

Are you in Pakistan yourself? or will come to fight when war started? or just enjoy the show on youtube who kill whom and how many.

If you are of the opinion that every Pakistani should be present in Pakistan for war, use the PM portal to ask the PM to start #GharWapsi Program of your own. I will abide by it as i am a law abiding citizen.

Thank you for your effort to post in this thread. Much appreciated.

Actually we can have leverage over UAE and Bahrain if only we know how to gain leverage over them.
What a leverage? The leverage of corrupt elite Pakistani diaspora who all have their illegal money parked in UAE?

He may increase one more slip and short leg:coffee: if defensive then all on boundaries.

If you are of the opinion that every Pakistani should be present in Pakistan for war, use the PM portal to ask the PM to start #GharWapsi Program of your own. I will abide by it as i am a law abiding citizen.

Thank you for your effort to post in this thread. Much appreciated.
I have seen enough troll as your efforts in this forum. You will need PM permission to help muslim brothers? That is new one while your all posts is about go war from first day. Thing is people are hypocrate they want to fire a gun from other's shoulder. In Pakistan all saying go war with India on kashmir while if you go on streets or in any marriage you will see that these same pakistanis dancing on indian songs. Ofcourse that is also fault of PM and should ask nation stop listening indian songs while we are going to start a war because humanity is just out of the window from this nation. This nation has to change first to bring change in the world.

I have seen enough troll as your efforts in this forum. You will need PM permission to help muslim brothers? That is new one while your all posts is about go war from first day. Thing is people are hypocrate they want to fire a gun from other's shoulder. In Pakistan all saying go war with India on kashmir while if you go on streets or in any marriage you will see that these same pakistanis dancing on indian songs. Ofcourse that is also fault of PM and should ask nation stop listening indian songs while we are going to start a war because humanity is just out of the window from this nation. This nation has to change first to bring change in the world.

if the current government can make laws to help and facilitate the money launders and tax evaders, surely it can make a law requesting mass migration back to Pakistan for the Kashmir cause.

Nobody is interested in your method of deflection and aversion. War is upon you and it does not care if you are handsome or not.

if the current government can make laws to help and facilitate the money launders and tax evaders, surely it can make a law requesting mass migration back to Pakistan for the Kashmir cause.

Nobody is interested in your method of deflection and aversion. War is upon you and it does not care if you are handsome or not.
As muslim we should avoid war at all cost. Exhaust all the options first and the last option is war and Pakistan govt and Army knows better situation in what Pakistan current situation is and capable of not just start a war but win it that is the main goal. This is not PUBG game but people want to see adventure.

As muslim we should avoid war at all cost.
To you your beliefs and to me mine.
Pakistan current situation is and capable of not just start a war but win it that is the main goal.
Pakistan's survival is at stake. If you cannot grasp the gravity of the situation, please do not jump to blind defense of your fancy political parties.

To you your beliefs and to me mine.

Pakistan's survival is at stake. If you cannot grasp the gravity of the situation, please do not jump to blind defense of your fancy political parties.
It's your belief not mine that Pakistan survival is at stake. I seen on 27th February what our army did and yet people in Pakistan all blame Army for almost everything. This nation needs to change simple is that.

I am having a feeling that this address would be a watershed..why today? what is happening? what has happened? key questions? May be we are to revoke lahore Decleration/shimla agreement/tashkant agreement back to 1948.

Or an ultimatum?
dont get ur hopes high.

We have no diplomatic leverage at UAE and Bahrain. Its the other way around. How can we threaten them ?

Well we should never threaten them directly, just conduct nuclear tests to show we are serious, I guarenttee you the world will come running.

Back
Top Bottom