What's new

PM Imran Khan vs Opposition No Confidence Vote- Updates and Discussion

Master stoke

• Right decision

• Wrong decision

• Master stoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
PTI will resign from all assemblies making 200-300 seata vacat and if by election calls then again pti will take vote and then again resign.

Without opposition there may not be any working parliament

I opened a thread for discussion on it few days ago, when there was not even a wind that Imran would dissolve the assembly.
I details what "trump cards" IK is holding. One of them was resigning from the assemblies and dissolving the assemblies where PTI had majority.

IK should have done it well before they brought no confidence motion against PTI in Punjab. IK had been listening to wrong people for Legal Advice. If he has done what I have written in my thread, he would have avoided what happened yesterday and his opponents would have still bite the dust.

I wont, because everyone is having his own beliefs. They wont change their beliefs due to my clarification. So i would let it remain like it.
Quite right, they won't change their beliefs. But can you please confirm acquisition of 6 gen jet and USS Enterprise by PAF?? 😁😄🥳

I am a fund manager based abroad and I can tell you that biggest risk of investing in Pakistan is its phateechur legal system which is the cause for a lot of society's ills.

But stakes now are much much higher than commercial and financial well being of the country. These judges are putting our salamatee at stake.

Anyone with a functioning pair of eyes could have seen there was a game afoot to destabilize the government. No civilized society permits buying of legislators in return for cash. This phenomena is especially dangerous for Pakistan given the ethics of political class and proclivity of foreigners to interfere in Pakistani affairs. Indeed there laws on the books which specifically outlaw such behaviour. Yet the judges sat on their haunches while khareed-dau-farookh was going on in plain sight in places few kms away from their benches. Court saw and heard no evil and even worse, tied governments hands which prevented it from enforcing the laws.

Government also has to be commended for not playing the dirty game. It is important to keep in mind that domestically at least, government has the biggest resources so it is much easier to buy opposition loyalty than vice versa. In our society, honourable behaviour is seen as weakness and choree and seena zoree as sign of strength.

Judges may yet do the right thing but situation should not have gotten to this point in the first place. No government can function when legislator's loyalty is there for the take. This is an observation that should not even need stating. But apparently not so the judges of Supreme Court who should, in theory, posses some of the finest minds in the country. Reality for Pakistan is just the opposite.

Normally, I would not be concerned as I had faith in army/ISI to tackle the mess created over the last few weeks. But to my great great disappointment, institutions that I am most proud off have let the country down big time. The head of army is even singing praises of uncle same who stole around USD500mn of our own money in reward for services rendered for Afghan jehad. Even an armchair general like myself can tell you that the further away Pakistan is away from Sam, better off we are. It is matter of highest concern that army chief cannot see this fact.

Given the external environment, this a critical time for our country. Behaviour of judges was entirely predictable. In all civilized societies, for better or for worse, judges defer to the government on matters of national security. But in Pakistan it is the other way around. Opposition is openly colluding with a declared traitor that is Hussain Haqqani. But our judges and intelligence agencies see nothing wrong.

I am usually very optimistic about prospects for Pakistan and will continue to do so no matter what. But right now I am concerned as I was during last days of Musharraf.

I sincerely hope I am wrong this time.

Last edited:
SC will discuss the case further tomorrow. No verdict today.

I think if the case was that clear cut about the constitution being violated and what not, the court would have issued a stay order and restored the national assembly to what it was, and everything to status quo.

It did not, this suggests that the court does not lean towards that interpretation.

If I were a PTI guy, I would be pretty hopeful after this.

I think we all have difference of opinion

In my opinion, the letter holds no value and it’s a made up story by Khan sahab. Just a month ago, he and Sh Rasheed were saying the no confidence vote will not be tabled and pushing opposition to come with such proposition… few weeks ago Khan sahab were confident that his allies will easily defeat the no confidence motion and as per PML-Q they were not contacted by the government whilst the opposition was busy offering packages to the allies… Imran Khan was convinced that such a day will never arise when his coalition partners will abandon him like this.. just few days ago he was claiming that the opposition is being trapped and they will have big defeat in the parliament

And then the day of realisation arrives when he learns that he is too late to negotiate with his allies and all the disgruntled PTI workers making hue and cry for years have decided to join hands with opposition… here comes the non existent letter to call it a National Security Issue

This is politics after all so I am not deciding on the basis of ethics but I appreciate the decision of Khan Sahab for breaking the parliament as this was the best way forward at the moment

I still believe opposition should have remained calm and let him complete 5 years but it has lead to sudden surge of votes for PTI and they will most likely win 20-30% extra seats in the next election that they were going to lose
I respect your different opinion.
You are looking at the progression of events and concluding that regime change is made up story.
I am looking at the the same and concluding that IK has been resisting the regime change by all moves mentioned by you.
Bringing details of a confidential letter to public and calling US conspirer out in public was a decision, requiring a threshold urgency. Secondly, bringing letter to public earlier than his chosen time, would have defeated the whole argument.

Supreme court case proceedings.

Screenshot_2022-04-04-15-37-37-81.jpg
Screenshot_2022-04-04-15-37-57-16.jpg
Screenshot_2022-04-04-15-38-08-08.jpg
Screenshot_2022-04-04-15-38-18-09.jpg
Screenshot_2022-04-04-15-38-29-67.jpg
Screenshot_2022-04-04-15-38-50-36.jpg
IMG_20220404_154257.jpg

Me too. Tomorrow Govt lawyer will give his explanations and than SC will issue a short order

Yes it is getting very interesting.

Tomorrow will be an important day. If Govt lawyer gives a strong argument tomorow against the petition than opposition is done and f****d.
Only if SC accepts article 5 regime change argument.... if not then someone else is pulling the strings ...because regime change has been documented and endorsed by NSC. Name and shame are loud and clear.

if it reverse what will happened to those seats on which pti othrr member left like amir liaquat and all

mental gymnastic : s lets wait for the SC decision

I think that twitter guy is clearly saying that speaker steps were unconstitutional
😉😁😎
I think you don't know how judiciary works. Constitution, law, previous judgments from the judiciary all are combined to put forward your valid arguments. And the precedence of previous cases is much important.

Judgements can't be given 180° opposite to each other in similar cases. If it happens somehow then this decision could be challenged or all the judgements of similar cases in the past can all be challenged and considered null and void. There has to be some consistency in law enforcement at least 😊

Even some references from the similar constitutional countries can also be provided to add some weight to your argument like common wealth states. Cases in India, UK etc for example to provide general frame of reference to the court.

Back
Top Bottom