What's new

Please do not show this to Indians.

i agree but sunskrit is already dead in india too what its mean ? no one talk in sanskrit in india today .
says who? we study sanskrit, all our names , words are derived from sanskrit.
I myself studied sanskrit in school. In Italy ppl dont speak in latin any more but customs & culture are still followed.

Word sindhu itself is from sankrit, meaning river.

If you look at every culture they name their children on geographical landmarks like rivers, mountain..etc Even ppl have their surnames based on their village of origin. But pakistani names except a few rarely refer to the country they live in.

How many ppl in your country are named as Ravi or Sindhu ?

A name is just a name. A legal entity like sovereign India or Pakistan can come and go. Fact: both came into existence in 1947. That is why you celebrate in August every year. The British Raj was dissolved in 1947. However when I talk of our history I mean our land and it's peoples. Do try to understand that fine point. Fools like you will claim Sri Lankan people arrived on alien space ships in 1971 and took over Ceylon. Or that Myanmar has no history prior to 1980. Or that West Indians are proper Ganga worshipping Hindus and West Indies was part of Mata India because - well look at the name West I-n-d-i-a-n.

I talk of history of Indus Basin which as a geographic fact has existed for millenia. I trace it's history from dawn of time all the way to the present iteration of that sacred geography - Indus Pakistan.

Got that Mr Ganga?

Cry me a river
India is India and wil always known as the cradle of civilization .
You can cry up to world end

22E5F564DD1B605FF386E5BB2EED2BE2DA789311_size10_w348_h270.jpeg

Ha - of course the nation state of India came into existence in 1947 , just like nation state of China came into existence in 1949. However, both are inheritors of ancient civilizations. The Indic civilization extended from Afghanistan to Laos. The modern Republic of India is a major chunk of that - The ruins of Angkor Wat are a testament to the extent of the civilization.

But one wonders why some Pakistanis have an issue with facts. Their founder is from Gujarat, India. Their national language is from Central India. They were given a separate country by the British based on their religious beliefs.

Hindustan is the land of Hindus. Every thing Hindus did is part of our society and culture. That's the end to it. Pakistanis can claim it for all they want but it is our Hindu religion that binds us to periods before 1947. We have no ill feeling toward converted Hindus at all.

@Kaptaan
The headline says " Sovereign India and Pakistan Born " as before 1947 India was a colony of British Raj .

But one wonders why some Pakistanis have an issue with facts. Their founder is from Gujarat, India. Their national language is from Central India. They were given a separate country by the British based on their religious beliefs.

Our founder is from Gujarat, a state in Subcontinent back then now in modern day India

Our language is from Subcontinent - Central region now modern day India. Who brought Urdu to UP, Bihar and Dehli?? The Arabic alphabet and the vocabulary it uses is from Farsi and Arabic... so Urdu is technically a foreign language created by the Muslim rulers of south Asia, it belongs to Pakistan as hindus rejected Urdu to be their national language so it became a symbol of linguist of Pakistan which is the Muslim state of South Asia

Pakistan is not a land for a single ethncity it was created as an Islamic state home for the Muslims of South Asia. Hindus can't speak in Urdu in india while hindus in Pakistan can read Urdu and speak it..

We were not given a country....We took it from British and Congress. YUGGEEE DIFFERENCE

it belongs to Pakistan as hindus rejected Urdu to be their national language so it became a symbol of linguist of Pakistan which is the Muslim state of South Asia

Where do you guys pick up these gems from ? Is this what is told to you ?

Google would I am sure be available , use it.

The official languages as mentioned in article 343/1 of the Constitution of India : Currently there are 22 official languages in India, Other languages Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu. States of India were free to adopt one or more local languages for all or any of the official purposes of that state.Today all 22 languages carry equal official status and Government documents can be in any of the 22 recognized official languages. This has been clarified by court rulings as well, as for example in 2010 Gujarat High Court affirmed equal role to all 22 languages.

India has a common law legal system – therefore, unless overturned by the legislature or a higher court explicitly, the ruling in 2010 takes precedence and all 22 official languages are meant to be taken on equal footing. Currency notes in India typically carry the denomination in all 17 languages.

Not consistent with @Kaptaan ’s argument. As per this thread- If some lie within the geographical boundaries of ‘gangaland’ then those ones exclusively belong to the history of Indus Gangadeshis.
Their are no IVC sites in Ganga region PERIOD! I think you misunderstood my comments if you assumed I said so

Their are no IVC sites in Ganga region PERIOD! I think you misunderstood my comments if you assumed I said so

Gangadeshi/ Gangaland refer to Indians/India as per OP, not to be confused with the actual Ganga region.
My sincere apologies in that case

Ha - of course the nation state of India came into existence in 1947 , just like nation state of China came into existence in 1949. However, both are inheritors of ancient civilizations. The Indic civilization extended from Afghanistan to Laos. The modern Republic of India is a major chunk of that - The ruins of Angkor Wat are a testament to the extent of the civilization.

CCP took power in 1949, China was already a modern state in 1911 and the founding member of UN. Prior to that, China was an imperial state for over 2000 years.

Don't bring China into your squabbling.

Our founder is from Gujarat, a state in Subcontinent back then now in modern day India

Our language is from Subcontinent - Central region now modern day India. Who brought Urdu to UP, Bihar and Dehli?? The Arabic alphabet and the vocabulary it uses is from Farsi and Arabic... so Urdu is technically a foreign language created by the Muslim rulers of south Asia, it belongs to Pakistan as hindus rejected Urdu to be their national language so it became a symbol of linguist of Pakistan which is the Muslim state of South Asia

Pakistan is not a land for a single ethncity it was created as an Islamic state home for the Muslims of South Asia. Hindus can't speak in Urdu in india while hindus in Pakistan can read Urdu and speak it..

We were not given a country....We took it from British and Congress. YUGGEEE DIFFERENCE

1. Your founder is Gujarati
2. Your first PM was from Central India
3. Urdu is a foreign language to you - sure. It is an ethnic Indian language. It does not belong to Pakistan by any stretch of imagination - it is an official Indian language.
4. "The Muslim state of South Asia" ? Which one? The one which merely houses 1/3rd of Muslims of South Asia?
5. LOL - Congress did not have anything for you to take away. Last I checked, not a single Muslim League bigwig spent a night in British jail fighting for freedom from the British. They pretty much gave it to you.

How many ppl in your country are named as Ravi or Sindhu ?

My cousin's name is sindhu . Sindhu name is common in Sindh. Many sindhi hindu keep also this name .

sindhi language is 10,000 years old.

Last edited:
CCP took power in 1949, China was already a modern state in 1911 and the founding member of UN. Prior to that, China was an imperial state for over 2000 years.

Don't bring China into your squabbling.
I will bring anyone and any analogy I want into play.
The Peoples Republic of China was formed in 1949. The Republic of India was formed in 1951. They are modern nation states. I understand all this is difficult for your to grasp - but nation-states and civilizations are distinct entities. A nation-state often is a sub-set of a much larger civilization. Both PRC and Taiwan are sub-sets of the Chinese civilization.
The Indic civilization encompasses South Asia - including parts of Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, SL, Nepal, Bhutan, Burma, Bangladesh, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia. All of them are distinct nation-states - no one can dispute that.

will any Indian tell me

is Mohen-jo-daro taught in your schools ?

i want to know this

Back
Top Bottom