What's new

Planted protest by neutral against ex servicemen outside ex PM Imran's residency

1655830629951.png

Agree with the general sentiment of your post...but sometimes the neutrals really are this stupid.

Yeah, it took a long time for me to actually come to terms with that as well.
Yeah - I think a LOT of vociferous Army defenders have had their eyes opened about the Army leadership. And to be clear, most Pakistanis still support the institution of the Army, but we've had it with these conspiracies and manipulations of elections and elected governments, parliamentarians, law enforcement agencies and the judiciary.

That said, we are not demanding that the Army leadership be pressured into supporting the PTI and manipulate elections or institutions to support the PTI - we are demanding that the Army Leadership BACK THE F*&* OFF and instead of using its influence on the Election Commission, Law Enforcement and Judiciary to manipulate elections, actually help fix this disaster it created by using its influence to ensure free and fair elections.

The PTI is demanding a fair battlefield where every vote should be counted properly, not the rigged circus that the PMLN and PPP like to create to ensure their political dynasties of below average imbeciles keep getting elected and continue to run this country into the ground.

Yeah - I think a LOT of vociferous Army defenders have had their eyes opened about the Army leadership. And to be clear, most Pakistanis still support the institution of the Army, but we've had it with these conspiracies and manipulations of elections and elected governments, parliamentarians, law enforcement agencies and the judiciary.

That said, we are not demanding that the Army leadership be pressured into supporting the PTI and manipulate elections or institutions to support the PTI - we are demanding that the Army Leadership BACK THE F*&* OFF and instead of using its influence on the Election Commission, Law Enforcement and Judiciary to manipulate elections, actually help fix this disaster it created by using its influence to ensure free and fair elections.

The PTI is demanding a fair battlefield where every vote should be counted properly, not the rigged circus that the PMLN and PPP like to create to ensure their political dynasties of below average imbeciles keep getting elected and continue to run this country into the ground.

I actually wasn't quite an ardent defender of the 'Fauj' previously either. By Fauj I mean the higher echelons, not the lower officer ranks or JCO's or NCO's.

Having been brought up in this atmosphere where I had interactions with the who's who and those in the know, I was exposed to the various mischiefs of those in power for quite a while. But at that time, I was just neutral to it (pun not intended). I didn't get into a debate, I didn't abuse them, neither did I defend them. But I did defend the soldier or the junior officer, or even those senior officers which actually were doing a good job.

But now, I cannot help myself but clearly call out the numerous and egregious overtures of the military. Knowing many things, I simply cannot buy the argument given by a few senior members on this very forum that the fauj does things for the betterment of the country and for covering the incompetence of the politicians. Sure, some of it is, but that isn't the primary reason.

Fauj and some of those who are at the top positions are perhaps just as greedy as someone else. They are just as corrupt, they are just as power hungry, just as egoistic.

The question at the end of the day remains, why do you need to interfere in matters of governance? WHY? Aap ki ego itni hi hurt hoti hai when someone tells you to take a bit of a back seat. Why does the military in Pakistan have to have a foot in everything?

Some might argue that it is necessary. As an example, the Army does use revenues from the Fauji group and also DHA and other businesses for it's core use, and this lessens the burden on the official budget a bit. But then again, why does the Army (or a certain Corps Commander) need to indulge himself in the Mall of Lahore shenanigan? Why does an IGFC have to involve himself with the smuggling in Balochistan? There's so many cases I can't even list them all down here. Why does the army need to give out A1 land for commercial activites?

Why does a certain officer have to meet the 20 MNA dissidents? Why does the army have to make a promise to NS and Ishaq Dar jo end main ulta par gaya? Why does the army have to ask Zardari to put things in motion? Why does the army have to get Maryam Nawaz pardoned? Why do all of these things need to happen?

In the end baat wohi hai as you said:

we are demanding that the Army Leadership BACK THE F*&* OFF

Pehle itni interference kar kay mulk ka kuch haal hua hai? Has anything happened for the better? No. To phir why not try without interference for a while? Ya phir agr karni hi hai to just take over and be done with it. Why this facade?

Back
Top Bottom