What's new

PLAN's AWAC for aircraft carriers have been finished!

YES, but that AESA is no where near the capability of a airborn AWAC's radar. That's just no way u can use J-10 as a AWAC plane

That's why I said "mini-AWAC". Mini-AWAC is better than no AWAC.

If we are to navalize the Y-8 AWAC, it would take too much time and the 65000-tonne carrier won't be able to carry much combat aircraft

A converted 2 men crewed fighter can only be best as a AEW (aerial early warning) aircraft, I doubt it can be a AWAC (aerial warning and Control). To be an aerial control air craft (the AC in AWAC), you need more crew than just a pilot and a radar operator, and possible more elctronic gear like high power jammer and powerful generator to power up the big radar and all other gear.

The long endurance mission may also required a co-pilot, and crew for some other mission tasks. The aircraft would need to carry large fuel tanks and bulky radar and electronic gear.

A converted 2 men crewed fighter can only be best as a AEW (aerial early warning) aircraft, I doubt it can be a AWAC (aerial warning and Control). To be an aerial control air craft (the AC in AWAC), you need more crew than just a pilot and a radar operator, and possible more elctronic gear like high power jammer and powerful generator to power up the big radar and all other gear.

The long endurance mission may also required a co-pilot, and crew for some other mission tasks. The aircraft would need to carry large fuel tanks and bulky radar and electronic gear.
With Photochop anything is possible and according to some -- very real.

Back
Top Bottom