What's new

PLAAF's 6th Gen Fighter?

Design looks cool. Specially the intakes are smartly put. But calling it 6th gen is stupid. Although there is not official definition of 6th gen but most likely 6th gen planes will be autonomous in addition of being stealthy. and given the current situation of Artificial Intelligence field, it is safe to assume that it will take some time before we'll see such aircraft.

Sino If J11B is that great why China is going for purchase of su-35? If you have a better product than MKI what is the need for Su-35 instead you can produce more of J11B right?..

Your A/C might look great in spec but what is the reality?

Where do you get the info that China is buying su-35? So far the only news we heard is that Russia wants to offer su-35, unless you have some credible insider information of PLAAF that we don't know about? :lol:

Btw I'd be disappointed if China spends billions of tax payers' money to buy su-35s, that is not to say it is not a good plane, but China is not under any immediate threat and that money could be better spent designing and building our own planes, it yields a way better return over the longer term and I've no doubt the top dogs at PLAAF know this better than anyone else.

Last edited:
IS there any way Pakistan can access Chinese 6th generation project like JF-17?

Well, this is just a futurist concept of PLAAF, we are now thinking to test and to deploy our 5th gen fighter as soon as possible, where Pakistan will definitely be the first country to access it.

The chinese classifies the generation of its planes based on its own development history, so when the chinese say "3rd" gen fighters it is the same as the 4th gen as the west (J-10, J-11, F-16 etc), and the chinese "4th" gen is the equivalent of the west's 5th gen (J-xx, F-22 etc).

So you mean to say that in this case the Chinese are developing a 7th Gen AC (western standardised) with the yardstick you have given?

So you mean to say that in this case the Chinese are developing a 7th Gen AC (western standardised) with the yardstick you have given?

Dear Hellfire, you are either very funny or just a little bit slow, either way please allow me to explain:

If you actually read the original report listed in the 1st post on the 1st page, you will see that the article was written by a western analyst/reporter (Robert Wall), then it shouldn't come as a surprise if I break it to you that he's using the "western classification", hence if the report has any credibility at all then it means China is developing a 5th gen jet (with J-XX being its 4th gen), get it?

And the whole point of me bringing up this "classification" difference is that somebody was mocking China for "skipping" one generation on its fighter jet developments, when in reality it is just taking its own footsteps one at a time same as Russia and US.

Last edited:
Well, this is just a futurist concept of PLAAF, we are now thinking to test and to deploy our 5th gen fighter as soon as possible, where Pakistan will definitely be the first country to access it.

Pakistan is a good friend of China but I'm not too sure whether PLAAF will be willing to share it's 5th gen plane when Pakistan still have alot of interactions with the US.

Pakistan is a good friend of China but I'm not too sure whether PLAAF will be willing to share it's 5th gen plane when Pakistan still have alot of interactions with the US.

It depends who is in charge, since China doesn't really trust Mr.10%, since he is getting too close with the West, but with Musharraf, it would be a different story.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom