What's new

PLA Hong Kong Garrison to visit a large communication with students

Sure, in the next decade when China overtake US as the number one Superpower, it would be more incentive for young Hong Kongers to study Mandarin than English.

I am of Shanghainese origin, we have our own local dialect, however, I fully support the conformity of Mandarin in China. I disagree that some Southern Chineses reject Mandarin and calls it as Northern barbarian language. Now most of our books are recorded as Mandarin, thus it is impossible to deny its official status as the standard language in China. Our national father Sun Yat Sen is Cantonese, yet he also fully supported Mandarin.

I also fully support the diversification of the Chinese dialects, however, we should be able to communicate with each other in Mandarin without any problem.

Some people believe that supporting Mandarin would make Northerners more superior to Southerners, it is absolutely absurd. Germany has the Southern High German as their official language, yet have you seen the Southern High Germans look down on the Nothern Low Germans?

Hey! watch who you call a barbarian ;)

I am of Shanghainese origin, we have our own local dialect, however, I fully support the conformity of Mandarin in China. I disagree that some Southern Chineses reject Mandarin and calls it as Northern barbarian language. Now most of our books are recorded as Mandarin, thus it is impossible to deny its official status as the standard language in China. Our national father Sun Yat Sen is Cantonese, yet he also fully supported Mandarin.

Absolutely right, I think Mandarin should be standardized all across China, including in Hong Kong. :tup:

The written form already follows Mandarin, so why not learn to speak it as well?

pinyin... ugghh... brings me back to kindergarten

Cantonese doesn't have any "sh" sound (like in: shi) or "r" sound (like in: ren).

So it can get really difficult at times lol.

pinyin... ugghh... brings me back to kindergarten

while I really do hope Mandarin becomes more popular (by choice of course, no one wants force anyone to do anything :) ), the way some people speak mandarin, it is still hard to understand.

Most of Taiwaneses(especially those from Southern Taiwan) also have a distinct accent from Mainlanders, yet i am sure that 99% of Mainlanders can also understand their "台湾国语".

Last edited:
Just a question, I see a lot of Hong Kong actors in mainland movies... how good/bad is their Mandarin accent?

Ta men de kou yin hao ma?

大多数会配音的,说实话,香港演员能讲好国语的很少。

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

I think in the future PLA will have many recruits from Hong Kong. Since Hong Kong has a very high level of education, it can provide many recruits with good technical skills.

And Hong Kong actors have already started to portray PLA military officers. Very cool portray. :tup:

U1921P28T3D1349749F328DT20061130093703.JPG

It is good that many people from Hong Kong starts to see PLA as their "子弟兵", and starts to feel proud of it.

想不到港剧也有讲解放军的,还能请罗嘉良来演。

大多数会配音的,说实话,香港演员能讲好国语的很少。

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

想不到港剧也有讲解放军的,还能请罗嘉良来演。

是大陆电视剧,现在人家都转向大陆电视剧市场了。

香港有不少老演员国语讲得不错,其中很多人都是49年从大陆逃过去的,想汪明荃不光普通话讲得好,上海话也很标准。:tup:

Er Hua ftw :)

Informal poll ignore me if you are uncomfortable but where is everyone from?

CangZhou born grew up in Beijing here.

长乐市 originally anyways, nowadays the family is in the fuzhou proper, i moved to america when i was 7 though, something about better economic opportunities

Er Hua ftw :)

Informal poll ignore me if you are uncomfortable but where is everyone from?

CangZhou born grew up in Beijing here.

father born in a rural village near Tianmen.

mom is a city girl born and raised in Wuhan. I'm the same.

How they met? My father was so drunk after a party he got alcohol poisoning, was sent to the hospital, and my mom was the nurse on duty that day.

I am a third generation Shanghainese born in Shanghai, and i don't like the way where some Shanghaineses discriminate other Chinese and call them "外地硬盘”,if so then most of us are also “外地硬盘”,where only 10% of Shanghaineses are native to Shanghai for over thousand years, most of our ancestors come from either Jiangsu or Zhejiang.

father born in a rural village near Tianmen.

mom is a city girl born and raised in Wuhan. I'm the same.

How they met? My father was so drunk after a party he got alcohol poisoning, was sent to the hospital, and my mom was the nurse on duty that day.

Haha, your dad must have something special. I don't think nurses tend to marry every drunk guy that wander into the hospital.

I am a third generation Shanghainese born in Shanghai, and i don't like the way where some Shanghaineses discriminate other Chinese and call them "外地硬盘”,if so then most of us are also “外地硬盘”,where only 10% of Shanghaineses are native to Shanghai for over thousand years, most of our ancestors come from either Jiangsu or Zhejiang.

It's ok really, I think everyone think themselves a little special because of their hometown or their ethnic origin.

It's ok really, I think everyone think themselves a little special because of their hometown or their ethnic origin.

Too much regionists become silly idea, what do you gain from descriminating your follow countrymen? Just because they didn't belong to your city.

Back
Top Bottom