What's new

PLA Hong Kong Garrison to visit a large communication with students

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
PLA Hong Kong Garrison to visit a large communication with students

Deputy Commander of the PLA Hong Kong Garrison, Major General Wang in the county, led eighty troops stationed in Hong Kong today (November 4) visited the University of Hong Kong.

Period, the officers and men attended the seminar, visit a number of teaching and research facilities, University of Hong Kong students learn to understand life; also visited the school more than a dozen historic buildings, centuries-old understanding of the development of the University of Hong Kong; men also communicate with the students, lunch and basketball friendly match, enhance mutual understanding.

Hong Kong University Chancellor and President, his welcoming remarks, said: "The Hong Kong Garrison thirteen years, the popularity of each barracks open day attracted a large number of public support, hopes that the forces visited Hong Kong University, to deepen mutual understanding; through this communication, University of Hong Kong students have the opportunity to enhance the understanding of the People's Liberation Army, and troops were stationed in Hong Kong will also experience the HKU campus life, and deepen their understanding of higher education.

In addition we increased knowledge, I feel that this activity also can promote the friendship between the two groups of young people, and common progress. "

Garrison Deputy Commander Major General Wang in the county, said: "Next year is the 100th anniversary of the establishment of the Hong Kong University, Chinese saying goes," ten trees, takes a hundred years.

University of Hong Kong Garrison to friendship, understanding the history of HKU hundred years of scholarship and experience the rigorous Zhixiaolinian Kong, HKU feel strong teaching atmosphere, a taste of Kong's unique cultural environment, close knowledge of staff and students of HKU and will help us close exchanges, enhance understanding, deepen friendship, mutual learning and common progress. "

Troops arrived in the morning a large headquarters building in Hong Kong to attend the opening ceremony, dozens of Hong Kong students, the presence of wear traditional Lvpao greeted. After the opening ceremony, the troops went to art museums, and then to the University of Hong Kong to another landmark - the lotus pond, and a bronze statue of Sun Yat-sen photo, and then walking to the Rayson Huang Theatre.

More than an hour's lecture, Student Affairs, Dr. Zhou Weili, University of Hong Kong introduced to the officers and men of campus life, architecture, Professor David Lung, vice president of the officers and men for the seminar was "Peak Hundred," and Kong in Hong Kong history.

After the seminar, officers and students go to University Drive One of the principal government JING buffet, not the same as the background of growth and learning of young people, where the easy exchange and sharing.

Lunch, and a Chancellor and President, Vice-Chancellor Professor Zhou Zhaoping, Mr. Wei Yonggeng Dean, Student Affairs, Dr. Zhou Weili and professors.

Men after dinner, were visited Li Ka Shing Faculty, visiting medical exhibition, Center for Gene Research and Yu Chun Keung Medical Library. After visiting the castle with Gothic architectural style of new large school dormitory, to understand the spirit of the Hong Kong University and the hostel boarders living.

Students and soldiers in addition to cultural exchanges, the two sides also carried out on the competitive fitness, sports center in the Lai Lim who staged a spectacular basketball game, during which the different between the two sides also interspersed show cheer, a warm atmosphere.

????

news_6285_picture2.jpg

news_6285_picture1.jpg

Awesome news. :cheers:

Men after dinner, were visited Li Ka Shing Faculty, visiting medical exhibition, Center for Gene Research and Yu Chun Keung Medical Library. After visiting the castle with Gothic architectural style of new large school dormitory, to understand the spirit of the Hong Kong University and the hostel boarders living.

LOL, it's still embarrassing that HKU named their medical school the "Li Ka-Shing" Faculty of Medicine... :devil:

I think in the future PLA will have many recruits from Hong Kong. Since Hong Kong has a very high level of education, it can provide many recruits with good technical skills.

And Hong Kong actors have already started to portray PLA military officers. Very cool portray. :tup:

U1921P28T3D1349749F328DT20061130093703.JPG

It is good that many people from Hong Kong starts to see PLA as their "子弟兵", and starts to feel proud of it.

It is good that many people from Hong Kong starts to see PLA as their "子弟兵", starts to feel proud of it.

The PLA was always my army. :cheers:

The British never "truly" cared about Hong Kong, except for the enormous amount of money they got from it.

Hong Kong people are, and will always be Chinese. Qian jin!

Last edited:
The PLA was always my army. :cheers:

The British never "truly" cared about Hong Kong, except for the enormous amount of money they got from it.

Of course, the prosperity of Hong Kong was built by hardworking Hong Kongers, the Brits always tend to steal their credits, but check their other foreign colonies, most were sh!tholes.

Even there is undeniable corruption within today's PLA, but it has always been greatly exaggerated in the Internet by some Anti-China trolls.

During the occurance of natural disasters, you can see the different between PLA army and the US army. Ironically, the undemocratic PLA defends their citizen with their life, yet the Democratic US army treats their citizens like sh!t during Katrina.

12628008_2005090509285527166000.jpg

Of course, the prosperity of Hong Kong was built by hardworking Hong Kongers, Brits always tend to steal their credits, but check their other foreign colonies, most were sh!tholes.

Exactly right. :tup:

It was the Chinese who built up Hong Kong, it was the Chinese who built up Singapore. Not the British.

For the proof, look at other British colonies like Nigeria and Sudan. The British never cared about the local populations, they just wanted to plunder the resources and the money.

I think in the future PLA will have many recruits from Hong Kong. Since Hong Kong has a very high level of education, it can provide many recruits with good technical skills.

And Hong Kong actors have already started to portray PLA military officers. Very cool portray. :tup:

U1921P28T3D1349749F328DT20061130093703.JPG

It is good that many people from Hong Kong starts to see PLA as their "子弟兵", and starts to feel proud of it.

What film/tv series is this?

Just a question, I see a lot of Hong Kong actors in mainland movies... how good/bad is their Mandarin accent?

Ta men de kou yin hao ma?

Just a question, I see a lot of Hong Kong actors in mainland movies... how good/bad is their Mandarin accent?

Ta men de kou yin hao ma?

I see more Taiwanese actors than Hong Konger because the Taiwaneses spoke Mandarin better. Some Hong Kong actors mostly use dubbing, but their acting skills are still excellent.

I think next generation of Hong Kongers would like Shanghaineses, still retain their local dialects, but can speak Mandarin without any problem.

I see more Taiwanese actors than Hong Konger because the Taiwaneses spoke Mandarin better. Some Hong Kong actors mostly use dubbing, but their acting skills are still excellent.

I think next generation of Hong Kongers would like Shanghaineses, still retain their local dialects, but can speak Mandarin without any problem.

Yes lol, us Xiang gang ren really need to work on our Mandarin skills. :azn:

I wish they would make it the official language in the schools and in the government. We need to have more standardization with the mainland....

I wish they would make it the official language in the schools and in the government. We need to have more standardization with the mainland....

pinyin... ugghh... brings me back to kindergarten

while I really do hope Mandarin becomes more popular (by choice of course, no one wants force anyone to do anything :) ), the way some people speak mandarin, it is still hard to understand.

I wish they would make it the official language in schools and the workplace.

Sure, in the next decade when China overtake US as the number one Superpower, it would be more incentive for young Hong Kongers to study Mandarin than English.

I am of Shanghainese origin, we have our own local dialect, however, I fully support the conformity of Mandarin in China. I disagree that some Southern Chineses reject Mandarin and calls it as Northern barbarian language. Now most of our books are recorded as Mandarin, thus it is impossible to deny its official status as the standard language in China. Our national father Sun Yat Sen is Cantonese, yet he also fully supported Mandarin.

I also fully support the diversification of the Chinese dialects, however, we should be able to communicate with each other in Mandarin without any problem.

Some people believe that supporting Mandarin would make Northerners more superior to Southerners, it is absolutely absurd. Germany has the Southern High German as their standard dialect, yet have you seen the Southern High Germans look down on the Nothern Low Germans?

Back
Top Bottom