What's new

PLA 20 Years Behind U.S. Military: Chinese DM

I think its just 5-7 years gap now , most of Chinese high tech project would complete by 2014-2015 and then it would be dead even , perhaps just gap of 2-3 years at max

Already china has flown the stealth planes
Already china is completing transport planes
Already china is popping out frigates and destroyers like kitkat bars , in chocolate factory

The gap will be gone 100% by 2015-2016

i guess it is a gap of 10 years. It will be clear if chineese weapons are pitted agains some western weaponary in a conflict. Guess we will never know till its happens. In my opinion china is only behind in case of avionics etc.

it's really annoying that these vietnamese jump into every topics regardless of whether they related to vietnam or not to bash China!!!!

I think the gap between China and USA in military is more than 20 years,it may be 35 years optimistically!just look at USA military,they have lots of aircraft carriers,5G stealth fighters,stealth bombers,nuclear weapons,spy satellite and many military bases around the world and so on.their ships and fighters can travel around the word and nobody dare to defy their actions.The gap is so large but Americans always hype so-called 'China threat',that's ridiculous!!

The main gap is the engines in almost every fields,from aircrafts to warships and tanks.

I thought we are talking about PLA 20 yrs behind US. Why the hack all the indian carrying vietcong flags on this forum derail topics.

Coz China can not compare with USA, be reasonable, stop Arms racing with USA, give the poor Chinese more money, make ASEAN can relax.

You China will make the same mistake with USSR, they were collapsed coz of High inflation, pls care more about Chian inflation than arms racing !

From what I have heard and what it seems, China is still behind the US but the advanced development in weapons field, the term here being used in today's world is "SMART WEAPONS", China is rapidly moving towards developing smart weapons obviously weapons like Carrier Killer is one of them from this we can safely assume that China is into projects that are highly technologically superior.

There are projects by US that are unnecessary and there are projects that US has gain vast knowledge and implemented to its current weapon systems.

For example US has plan to develop 2 types of bombers for the future, one is to be inducted by 2018+ and the other by 2037 to replace all B-52s/B-1s
We know how dirty it went with KC-X program or bidding for air refuellers, the same could be going on with these projects..
War is the business for US under the pretext of War and enemies superiority/danger they get the funding for their projects. If you get to see the total cost and maintenance and the total usage of these bombers for the past 10 Year surprisingly US doesn't need many platforms and many of these airframes there are many examples..

dear vietnamese, as of latest news that i see and hear on daily basis without switching to fox BS, US is in severe debt to China and will pay it and is paying it a little bit how is it that China can't compare with US. China is the second largest economy Infact with the return of 1 trillion back to China it'll become the first one. No don't compare China with Russia as Chinese are way differnt in deal with economy and trends unlike russians at all.

Dear vietnamese please lecture your americans as well every second person in US is in bad shape and needs help not all of them but still a large number that is not the position in China as I recall recent memories.

Coz China can not compare with USA, be reasonable, stop Arms racing with USA, give the poor Chinese more money, make ASEAN can relax.

You China will make the same mistake with USSR, they were collapsed coz of High inflation, pls care more about Chian inflation than arms racing !

there is anything to do with you vietnamese?Isn't vietnamese wish that China make same mistake and collapse as USSR did before,in that case,vietnam could claim the most parts south of China,you guys have premeditated long already.
159_77255_3a95431dcc24e5a.jpg

dear vietnamese, as of latest news that i see and hear on daily basis without switching to fox BS, US is in severe debt to China and will pay it and is paying it a little bit how is it that China can't compare with US. China is the second largest economy Infact with the return of 1 trillion back to China it'll become the first one. No don't compare China with Russia as Chinese are way differnt in deal with economy and trends unlike russians at all.

Dear vietnamese please lecture your americans as well every second person in US is in bad shape and needs help not all of them but still a large number that is not the position in China as I recall recent memories.

But pls look at for Future, China got Age threatening problem, your worker salary is getting higher, who will want to hire Old worker with high salary ??

How the poor Chinese will live when they loss job ??so Who can help China economy keep growing ??
Aging demographic threatens economy
Last Updated(Beijing Time):2011-05-03 08:47

China's population is getting older, and that could have a major effect on the nation's economic prosperity.

The emergence of negative growth in the total working-age population, which some demographers predict will happen as early as 2013, is likely to contribute to slower economic growth and higher inflation, according to analysts.

However, they said the demographic shift from a rural surplus of labor to a deficit will help to accelerate the transformation of the growth model from one which is export- and investment-led to one driven by services and consumption.

The latest census data, released by the National Bureau of Statistics on Thursday, showed that the proportion of the population aged between 0 and 14 fell to 16.6 percent in 2010 from 22.9 percent in 2000. Meanwhile the number of people aged 60 and above grew to 13.3 percent from 10.3 percent.

The falling number of young people suggests the Chinese population is aging rapidly. The Asian Development Bank forecast that the proportion of those aged 60 and above is expected to rise to 33 percent by 2050. That would make China's population the same age as Denmark's, but older than that of the United States (26 percent).
Aging demographic threatens economy_Macro-Economy--China Economic Net

there is anything to do with you vietnamese!Isn't vietnamese wish that China make same mistake and collapse as USSR did before,in that case,vietnam could claim the most parts south of China,you guys have premeditated long already.
159_77255_3a95431dcc24e5a.jpg

But during that time VN still have to suffer lots of conflict with China in East sea, and can not drill more oil (that can sell in cheap price to China )^^

It's better to try to make some advice, may be you guys will think about it, so no one be collapse, USA will gain nothing .^^

U.S. is way ahead than any country.

US is already developing 6th Generation aircraft - Sixth generation jet fighter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, F-22 (5th generation already operational since long time). India/Russia/China still 10-15 year behind 5th Generation. U.S. is fast too with no problem of Money. So Yes, 20 Year ahead.

U.S. has almost everything needed. It has base in 50% of the world. 50% world are Pro U.S. and NATO too. 25% Neutral, 25% are anti but on paper.

U.S. is only country which can defeat any country without going into War. ( East - Japan/SK/Asean/Australia | West - Africa/Europe | Centre - Middle East/Isreal). South America too. U.S. entered Iraq, Afghanistan - All Supported ( Those who oppose don't have guts to oppose in real sense).

U.S. can defeat China without going into war against. ( SK, Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam, Asean, Australia, etc.). Russia is powerful but not economically. U.S. also has advantage with geographical location.

Debt ? Relax, Dollar talks in printing machine. They Control Economy. Guess what will happen to Asia if U.S. companies like GS, JP Morgan, Citi, Standard charted and 100 others will Sell their positions in Asia ?

One should never compare U.S. with anyone. Even their defence Budget is 800-1,000 Billion Dollar == More than combined Rest of the world.

Comparison is Humiliation. :cry:

PLA 20 Years Behind U.S. Military only on basis of Military Part. If we compare Strong Diplomacy, NATO, Their bases in various countries. Then It's 50 Years.

U.S. Created many partners across the globe to face the possible enemy. Except China, NK, Iran, Taliban all are Pro-U.S. ( I am not talking of few posters. What country chief says reason whatever). Russia now neutral these days. NK can't beat SK and Iran can't beat Israel. China can't beat Japan + Vietnam + Taiwan + SK, even i am not adding India, Asean and Australia as not needed.

It look like Joke when I see someone comparing with U.S. :usflag:

I am not pro/anti. Just Facts which is not to hard to know.

China, India, Brazil, South Africa and other developing nations are coming up quickly while the traditional powers in Europe and America have reached their peak. From now on, they are going nowhere but down.

Unless there would be another world war to reset world order.

It is a very dangerous situation now when current power feeling the end of their dominance and trying their last effort to remain one. No one would give up without a fight. That is why China must down-play her rise. I think other rising nation should do the same.

Back
Top Bottom