What's new

PL-21 A2A missile for J-20

Okay but I need more proof. 400-800 km is a longer range then some of our SRBMs.

Is the article from a reliable source? If so could you translate it for us. Not word for word but just the gist of it and some tech specs.

Most of them believe the 400km, only skeptical about the 800km. But who knows, TG in recent always fills with surprises.

It is a hong kong paper, so no offense to Chinese Dragon, but it's probably fake. They claim to have gotten it from Aviation Weekly.

It is a hong kong paper, so no offense to Chinese Dragon, but it's probably fake. They claim to have gotten it from Aviation Weekly.

Free press doesn't translate to accurate press. Ramjet powered missiles for China will still take a few years.

Regardless it is true or false, the A2A missile for J-20 gonna be top notch without any doubt.

China is more mature of making the missile than making the jet engine.

Regardless it is true or false, the A2A missile for J-20 gonna be top notch without any doubt.

China is more mature of making the missile than making the jet engine.

True but does China have experience with ramjet missiles? I just like to be realistic. I love my country as well.

Even if it is built it will be huge. Do you think it can be used in the J-20?

True but does China have experience with ramjet missiles? I just like to be realistic. I love my country as well.

Even if it is built it will be huge. Do you think it can be used in the J-20?

I don't think A2A missile needs to be ramjet. Isn't it?

The article claimed it was ramjet:

"相關工作正圍繞一些加強型武器展開,其中包括由固體燃料發動機和沖壓式噴氣發動機組合動力的霹靂-21導彈。"

固體燃料發動機和沖壓式噴氣發動機組合動力

Solid fuel rocket + ramjet engine combined powerplant

The article claimed it was ramjet:

"相關工作正圍繞一些加強型武器展開,其中包括由固體燃料發動機和沖壓式噴氣發動機組合動力的霹靂-21導彈。"

固體燃料發動機和沖壓式噴氣發動機組合動力

Solid fuel rocket + ramjet engine combined powerplant

The powerplant is mixed.

Anyway, China is very advanced in the research of ramjet engine, not behind US.

There is no doubt in my mind that PL-21 exist. But its range is 400KM even 800KM?!!!

No, I think it is between 200-300KM. It is going to be bigger and better than the European Metero!!!

There is no doubt that PL-21(ultra long range A2A missile), WS-15(engine), AESA (radar), plus ultra advanced avonics are coupled with the development with J-20.

Back
Top Bottom