What's new

PKK/PJAK killing Iranian soldiers

longbrained

Reaction score
A video on youtube showing killed Iranian soldiers by PKK/PJAK terrorists:

And also the weapons terrorist PKK captured from Iranian army:

Last edited by a moderator:
Weren't they to be finished off within days, according to Iran?

Seems like PKK has powerful backers. Insurgencies can not be finished off in days, I guess. These communists are certainly more determined than Turkey or Iran to keep fighting.

I guess, PKK is more powerful than what is imagined.

Let me tell you... no individual or group of individuals can stand a chance against state.

Only, states can run war theater be it overt or covert.

TTP would have zero success without support of modern weapons, finances, Rehman Malik and ANP.

same goes with PKK, i have no doubt they have both internal and international backing, poor soldiers are just sacrificial goats.

Let me tell you... no individual or group of individuals can stand a chance against state.

Only, states can run war theater be it overt or covert.

TTP would have zero success without support of modern weapons, finances, Rehman Malik and ANP.

same goes with PKK, i have no doubt they have both internal and international backing, poor soldiers are just sacrificial goats.

Then those financiers first have be cut before sending soldiers as sacrificial goats to be slaughtered. You treat the source not the surface.

3 points smart mouth:
1) This is from a month ago (that's when I first saw it)

2) When an Iranian leader says the "PKK will be finished..." he is obviously doing his duty as the leader of the Iranian nation to show his people that he's doing smtg about the PKK disease. Nobody expects the regime to literally finish the terrorists off in such a short period of time.

3) Iran doesn't deal with these mountain apes the same way that Turkey does so gains come a lot faster. Turkey is constrained by its Euro identity issues (e.g. no executions, no torture...). We got serious about the PJEK this year and we've already made tons of gains. I guess they realized that destroying all elements of PKK/PJEK early on will save them possible headaches in the future (the regime).

We also worked with the Kurds in the past (during the saddam era) so we actually know how the PKK operates. We used to help them fight Saddam.

There was another video floating around a month ago where the opposite had happened. Iranian troops had ambushed a bunch of PKK and there were dead apes all over the place. We can take the hit as a nation (we have resources and men) but they can't.

---------- Post added at 04:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 AM ----------

Anyway, RIP to these guys.

Sending in soldiers to these mountain is extremely risky. An ambush is right around the corner. These apes live and die in these mountains (like the taliban) so they know the place like the back of their hands but it's the only way to exterminate them. Sending in helicopters and shelling the mountains will have limited success.

3 points smart mouth:
1) This is from a month ago (that's when I first saw it)

2) When an Iranian leader says the "PKK will be finished..." he is obviously doing his duty as the leader of the Iranian nation to show his people that he's doing smtg about the PKK disease. Nobody expects the regime to literally finish the terrorists off in such a short period of time.

3) Iran doesn't deal with these mountain apes the same way that Turkey does so gains come a lot faster. Turkey is constrained by its Euro identity issues (e.g. no executions, no torture...). We got serious about the PJEK this year and we've already made tons of gains. I guess they realized that destroying all elements of PKK/PJEK early on will save them possible headaches in the future (the regime).

We also worked with the Kurds in the past (during the saddam era) so we actually know how the PKK operates. We used to help them fight Saddam.

There was another video floating around a month ago where the opposite had happened. Iranian troops had ambushed a bunch of PKK and there were dead apes all over the place. We can take the hit as a nation (we have resources and men) but they can't.

Your points are understandable, but PKK/PJAK are not the same Kurds Iran had helped fight Saddam. The Kurds Iran helped like Barzani and those in Halabje etc are now in government in Iraq. PKK goes even before Saddam and Iran's revolution. The communist Kurds in the region were fighting even Shah before the Iran's revolution. So these people have been around for a while now atleast since the end of World War II, when even at one point they had declared themselves a state with in Iran I guess in 1950's. Iran might have had gains, but will they remain in long term is the question. Communist ideology is a powerful and appealing ideology in that part of the world. You can not finish off an old ideology there just in days. It is very difficult to convince some one whose parents and grand parents were supporters of communism to just give it up. Most of the fighters PKK, PJAK, KOMOLEH are all women fighters. Such communism where women are ready to fight for is not easy to contain.

Then those financiers first have be cut before sending soldiers as sacrificial goats to be slaughtered. You treat the source not the surface.

Exactly... but Iraq is the source of PKK same as Afghans is source of TTP.

Still in case of Iran the border with Iraq is much smaller than Pak - Afghan. Therefore, all this planning blunders hint to insider support.

3 points smart mouth:
Sending in soldiers to these mountain is extremely risky. An ambush is right around the corner. These apes live and die in these mountains (like the taliban) so they know the place like the back of their hands but it's the only way to exterminate them. Sending in helicopters and shelling the mountains will have limited success.

Yes, RIP to soldiers. That is why drone technology with precision air to surface missiles is so important in combating terrorists in mountain region. Too bad Iran does not have the technology and has to compensate by using its soldiers lives.

IS PKK/PJA is same party which is asking for separate state as Kurdistan in 4 countries Turkey,Syria, Iraq and Iran ? Most of the countries have recognition as a terrorist group. Looks like quite big organisation and largest separatist movement.

734px-Kurdish-inhabited_area_by_CIA_%281992%29.jpg

Kurdistan Workers' Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IS PKK/PJA is same party which is asking for separate state as Kurdistan in Turkey, Iraq and Iran ? Most of the countries have recognition as a terrorist group. Looks like quite big organisation.

Yes it has had support of super powers one way or the other through out history. Another Sykes-Picot going on behind the scenes to make a new map of the region in order to protect the interest of colonialists in 21st century and beyond.

Also it appears PKK/ PJAK from the article that PKK/PJAK are the same thing staffed by the same people, only the operate in different countries, PKK in Turkey and PJAK in Iran.

Yes, RIP to soldiers. That is why drone technology with precision air to surface missiles is so important in combating terrorists in mountain region. Too bad Iran does not have the technology and has to compensate by using its soldiers lives.
I told you, air stikes alone are useless, whether with drones or 5th gen bombers. You HAVE to send in foot soldiers and then establish a long lasting presence in the area. That's what Iran is good at. Turkey has been doing the whole airstrike thing for years.

The best option is to shell an area for a few days, then send in jets and finally finish things off with ground units. Once the area is secured you should build military roads through the area and establish a physical presence. We have the money and resources to do all this and it's happening.

I told you, air stikes alone are useless, whether with drones or 5th gen bombers. You HAVE to send in foot soldiers and then establish a long lasting presence in the area. That's what Iran is good at. Turkey has been doing the whole airstrike thing for years.

The best option is to shell an area for a few days, then send in jets and finally finish things off with ground units. Once the area is secured you should build military roads through the area and establish a physical presence. We have the money and resources to do all this and it's happening.

I understand that, Agha. But still drones with longe range and long endurance can be very effective. Imagine you can drone presence there round the clock and report the incoming terrorists to troops on the ground. Then such a massacre of Iranian soldiers can be avoided, by sending a rocket into the terrorists. The other thing is to go heavy so that few terrorists can not cut off afew soldiers and massacre them.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom