What's new

pinoys admire Vietnam education

I agree in principle that tho the human development index in East Asian countries such as Japan, Taiwan, South Korea and China are improving or at least have reached a status wherein one is comfortable in, there are some areas in the social spheres that requires review and prompt addressing. The issue isn't necessarily "women's rights" since women are afforded the same rights as men , can vote, can purchase and own property, can express their feelings as per constitutional and bill of right laws --- in the case of Japan and South Korea and to an extent even in China / Taiwan.

The caveat here is that tho the constitutional and legal aperture is there , the resources are there, it is the issue of social stigma or social adjudication in regards to womeen's predisposed or predesigned role in the filial role structural regime. In the case of Korea and Japan the woman , the modern women specifically, is independent , is volatile in expressionism, however there is still this social requisition of women's filial role in the family. I suppose this concept is foreign to western conceptualization or even foreign conceptualization since they are not part of the Confucian societies that share in this filial lect.

The woman in Japan , or in Korea, are independent by all means. It is that she has this sense of duty, as well, to perform for the family the traditional roles of wife, mother as per Japanese traditional values. I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing, rather a unique semblance of traditional Japan that emanates even to this day in modern Japan. In that regard I think western and foreign analysts , or cultural appraisers should consider in the Japanese contextual framework.
The effect of social values will "force" woman to become a housewife(through meida,TV drama,and the pass of adult's inherent,feudal concept)
For example,I remember Baidu changed its pic to a mild pregnant woman in International Working Women's Day.
Okay,it may be normal in traditional East Asian people‘s eyes.
But,it's indeed a ridiculous event.It aroused anger of woman.
Women in traditional value are usually required to be a loyal,understanding and loving housewife.
It is a tereotyped image,isn't it? And how about man?
Further thinking,woman in equal position usually earn less than man.
To become a MP?Too hard for woman in East Asia.
Even college in some majors limit woman(China)
A woman want to be a Dr.? Okay,she will be a leftover woman.

dont troll like idiot here, if you go further I will tell you more about Chinese girls here.

Calm down, friend, she didn't mean anything mean. Perhaps she is just asking a legitimate question considering how the lack in social exposure between Vietnamese and Filipinos. I think one reasons for this is the physical barrier: The South China Sea (East Sea or West Philippine Sea). Im sure if the Philippines had a land border with Vietnam, im sure there would have been more people - to - people interaction. Or mingling.

Thanks.
Completely misread.And Nihonjin provoked wisely XDDD
And the work rate of Chinese woman ranked 1st in the world,but it has nothing to do with woman right.
Because it's hard for woman to get into senior position.
average Chinese woman salary compared to man.
根据世界经济论坛最新发布的“2011年度全球性别差距报告”。[1]
国家 男女收入比率
挪威 1:1
美国 1:0.88
英国 1:0.71
德国 1:0.69
俄罗斯 1:0.65
中国 1:0.65
法国 1:0.65
巴西 1:0.61
日本 1:0.51
尼日利亚 1:0.41
印度 1:0.31
沙特 1:0.19

中国情况
女性劳动年龄人口基本上实现了普遍就业,女性劳动力参与率超过90%,女性劳动力几乎占总劳动力的半数(48%),女性就业者平均工资男性就业者平均工资的84%。与世界上其他国家相比较,当时中国女性劳动力参与率和男女就业者的平均工资之比都保持在较高水平,这也意味着,经济改革之前,中国在劳动就业领域的性别平等化程度较高。
人们一般认为,经济改革之前中国在劳动就业领域保持较高的性别平等程度,主要是由于当时中国政府在就业和工资分配方面推行性别平等,对女性就业采取保护和鼓励政策。
经济改革开始以后,政府推行性别平等政策的力度明显弱化,国家不再扮演女性劳动力的保护者角色。政府政策的变化必然影响到女性劳动力在劳动就业领域中的地位状况,最明显的一个例子是女性劳动年龄人口的就业率逐步下降。同时,经济改革的实施,导致了市场经济逐步取代原有的计划经济,收入分配机制发生根本改变,从而男女就业者的收入差距也开始发生变化。

两性.jpg

Last edited:
The effect of social values will "force" woman to become a housewife(through meida,TV drama,and the pass of adult's inherent,feudal concept)
For example,I remember Baidu changed its pic to a mild pregnant woman in International Working Women's Day.
Okay,it may be normal in traditional East Asian people‘s eyes.
But,it's indeed a ridiculous event.It aroused anger of woman.
Women in traditional value are usually required to be a loyal,understanding and loving housewife.
It is a tereotyped image,isn't it? And how about man?
Further thinking,woman in equal position usually earn less than man.
To become a MP?Too hard for woman in East Asia.
Even college in some majors limit woman(China)
A woman want to be a Dr.? Okay,she will be a leftover woman.

You're right, my dear @Chinese Bamboo , these are indeed examples of sexism and gender inequality. The perception of woman's social duties i guess has a two pronged effect; 1) it encourages greater reform but also it 2) encourages some sense of woman's role in some segments in a nation's population. These are examples of social issues that are affecting East Asia in real time as the region progresses and modernizes from pseudo-developed status to ultra-developed status.

You know that's one thing i did observe in my time here living in the US. For one, i would observe what some things Japan is advanced in compared to the US and that includes clean energy use, traffic laws and traffic regulation, efficient public transportation, social etiquette (not spitting in open spaces, not spitting gum on streets, cleaning hands, wearing a mask when one is sick so not to spread disease, covering mouth when laughing), technology , medical systems. But on one end the Americans (and the western european countries) have a lead over Japan is the issue of civil liberties. Here in the US they have so many laws to ensure everyone one, every group is protected; be they homosexual (gay, lesbian, transgender etc), gender , children, elderly (protection against ageism).

I suppose it shows us that tho a country can be 'ultra-developed' some issues that are slow to change are the social cues , social expectations, and traditionalist viewpoints on the filial dynamic (family structure). That's something that the Japanese, Koreans, Chinese have to work on. It should be improved upon and i think there should be active encouragement of female empowerment.

PS. Yes, i agree with you on your reference about female Doctors. Its interesting that in the US, a woman who has a PhD or MD or any kind of Doctoral Degree can date men easily. In fact its almost seen as attractive to be educated, powerful woman. But in Japan, men are "afraid" or "hesitant" in dating a woman who has a Ph.D or MD or Ed.D or any kind of doctoral degree. Its definitely a social perception issue that needs to be eradicated.

In that aspect I am a liberal --- i am pro social justice freedom. In fact i am a proponent of civil liberties, actually.

Completely misread.
And the work rate of Chinese woman ranked 1st in the world,but it has nothing to do with woman right.
Because it's hard for woman to get into senior position.

Work efficiency in Chinese women is due in fact to social culture, i think. In fact in Northeast Asia (Japan, Korea, China) --- it is even LOOKED DOWN upon to be lazy and unproductive. It is VIRTUOUS to work hard, to save one's money, and to not accrue personal debt.

You're right, my dear @Chinese Bamboo , these are indeed examples of sexism and gender inequality. The perception of woman's social duties i guess has a two pronged effect; 1) it encourages greater reform but also it 2) encourages some sense of woman's role in some segments in a nation's population. These are examples of social issues that are affecting East Asia in real time as the region progresses and modernizes from pseudo-developed status to ultra-developed status.

You know that's one thing i did observe in my time here living in the US. For one, i would observe what some things Japan is advanced in compared to the US and that includes clean energy use, traffic laws and traffic regulation, efficient public transportation, social etiquette (not spitting in open spaces, not spitting gum on streets, cleaning hands, wearing a mask when one is sick so not to spread disease, covering mouth when laughing), technology , medical systems. But on one end the Americans (and the western european countries) have a lead over Japan is the issue of civil liberties. Here in the US they have so many laws to ensure everyone one, every group is protected; be they homosexual (gay, lesbian, transgender etc), gender , children, elderly (protection against ageism).

I suppose it shows us that tho a country can be 'ultra-developed' some issues that are slow to change are the social cues , social expectations, and traditionalist viewpoints on the filial dynamic (family structure). That's something that the Japanese, Koreans, Chinese have to work on. It should be improved upon and i think there should be active encouragement of female empowerment.

PS. Yes, i agree with you on your reference about female Doctors. Its interesting that in the US, a woman who has a PhD or MD or any kind of Doctoral Degree can date men easily. In fact its almost seen as attractive to be educated, powerful woman. But in Japan, men are "afraid" or "hesitant" in dating a woman who has a Ph.D or MD or Ed.D or any kind of doctoral degree. Its definitely a social perception issue that needs to be eradicated.

In that aspect I am a liberal --- i am pro social justice freedom. In fact i am a proponent of civil liberties, actually.

Work efficiency in Chinese women is due in fact to social culture, i think. In fact in Northeast Asia (Japan, Korea, China) --- it is even LOOKED DOWN upon to be lazy and unproductive. It is VIRTUOUS to work hard, to save one's money, and to not accrue personal debt.
I still remember the time when you pour out the feudal remains and happily talk about your perfect woman in mind.

I still remember the time when you pour out the feudal remains and happily talk about your perfect woman in mind.

Well, I admire traditional practices , I think that people who practice that have the right, but they should NOT be forced.

For me, I admire both tradition and modernity. I think we should find a balance.

I dated a girl who was very modern, independent, but she also was traditional too.

Back
Top Bottom