What's new

Pilot lets 2 flight attendants fly Air India aircraft - Pilots suspended

Air India pilots suspended for leaving cabin crew in charge of plane while they slept in business class - Asia - World - The Independent

Two Air India pilots have been suspended after reporting to leave a plane on autopilot in the hands of cabin crew while they slept in business class.

The pilots left the cockpit for 40 minutes while they had a nap, leaving two flight attendants in charge of flying the plane who accidentally turned off the autopilot, The Times of India reports.

The two pilots are reported to have rushed back from their seats to steer the plane back to safety once they realised the auto-pilot had been turned off.

An Air India source said the crew members’ actions “made a mockery of air safety”.

“It is standard procedure to ensure the presence of a second person in the cockpit if the pilot is not able to operate the aircraft. But what actually happened after this made a mockery of air safety,” the source told The Times of India.

The four crew members on the Bangkok to Delhi flight have been suspended, and Air India has admitted in a statement today that there was “over stay of the cabin crew in the cockpit”.

However, it claims it was the co-pilot not the cabin crew who switched off the auto-pilot, saying “due to distraction, the co-pilot touched the auto pilot disconnect button momentarily. But the same was connected back.”

An inquiry about the incident is now being conducted by India’s Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGVA). Arun Mishra, director general of DGVA, said: “Following a safety violation, the airline has already suspended the people in question. We are conducting an inquiry into the matter.

Mate: This kind of things happens in every other country and thats the reason there are Agencies to take care.... I remember watching a Air crash investigation where the crash was caused by a kid flying a plane..... But then...................

I dono what is OP trying to say with the heading....... unless he is here to troll......

Mate: This kind of things happens in every other country and thats the reason there are Agencies to take care.... I remember watching a Air crash investigation where the crash was caused by a kid flying a plane..... But then...................
I remember the crash you are talking about where a pilot allowed his kid to steer plane but he was still in cockpit and co pilot was on his seat and that was a russian plane but what we are looking here is both pilots are out of cockpit sleeping in business class leaving lives of hundreds of passengers at the hands of crew who is equally ignorant as you indian online warriors..Is there anything more unprofessional than that and ofcourse I said indian dumbness because these guys must have been arrested by now and put on trial but yr air india is infact making stories to save them...
And I am sure this is what you guys will do on this forum instead of admitting truth and it will again prove your dumbness .

I remember the crash you are talking about where a pilot allowed his kid to steer plane but he was still in cockpit and co pilot was on his seat and that was a russian plane but what we are looking here is both pilots are out of cockpit sleeping in business class leaving lives of hundreds of passengers at the hands of crew..Is there anything more unprofessional than that and ofcourse I said indian dumbness because these guys must have been arrested by now and put on trial but yr air india is infact making stories to save them...
And I am sure this is what you guys will do on this forum instead of admitting truth and it will again prove your dumbness .

I remember the crash you are talking about where a pilot allowed his kid to steer plane but he was still in cockpit and co pilot was on his seat and that was a russian plane but what we are looking here is both pilots are out of cockpit sleeping in business class leaving lives of hundreds of passengers at the hands of crew..Is there anything more unprofessional than that and ofcourse I said indian dumbness because these guys must have been arrested by now and put on trial but yr air india is infact making stories to save them...

Well mate.... I have no issues in posting this thread and discussing the stupidity around it...... But you being a senior member (you are here before me) you should not have started a thread with your own feelings as its heading.... But then If you are happy to do that you can do that as long moderators allow you to do that....

Now you are comparing a crash with an incident where in no life was lost..... My point was this kind of incidents happens in every country some get reported some doesnt.... But making it as an example for indian professionalism I am extremely sorry to say you have some wild imagination.....

See people here are getting against me just because I proved their training standards are as unprofessional as one can see in some african nation like malta .. How can both pilots just go out and sleep plz quote me one such example from the history and I will edit the title.. And then air india is trying to cover them its sad .. But you guys here are proving my point even more vividly by showing your utter dumbness and lack of understanding of basics of navigational practices and training . Or its allowed in air india to be so dumb as they believe when everyone else can be so dumb why we pilot cant??:omghaha:

See people here are getting against me just because I proved their training standards are as unprofessional as one can see in some african nation like malta .. How can both pilots just go out and sleep plz quote me one such example from the history and I will edit the title.. And then air india is trying to cover them its sad .. But you guys here are proving my point even more vividly by showing your utter dumbness and lack of understanding of basics of navigational practices and training . Or its allowed in air india to be so dumb as they believe when everyone else can be so dumb why we pilot cant??:omghaha:
if you read the news, air india official says: 'the crew made a mockery of air safety'. Surely its not widespead practice.
There are two claims, one of them is copilot was there but allowed cabit crew for too long inside and possibly to handle the plane, which is dangerous as well. :)

if you read the news, air india official says: 'the crew made a mockery of air safety'. Surely its not widespead practice.
Exactly the proper words to be used for such things but what I couldnt digest was the attempt to save pilots by saying co-pilot was in cockpit and he turned off auto pilot which totally contradicts passengers accounts.why to save pilots? punish them as severely as possible so that this thing never happens again.

Exactly the proper words to be used for such things but what I couldnt digest was the attempt to save pilots by saying co-pilot was in cockpit and he turned off auto pilot which totally contradicts passengers accounts.why to save pilots? punish them as severely as possible so that this thing never happens agains.

there is a difference between using Air India crew and Indian dumbness and lack of professionalism...... the intention behind the title is just to insult....

no problem we don't mind about barks.... all the best...

Exactly the proper words to be used for such things but what I couldnt digest was the attempt to save pilots by saying co-pilot was in cockpit and he turned off auto pilot which totally contradicts passengers accounts.why to save pilots? punish them as severely as possible so that this thing never happens agains.
The investigation is on. It was not passenger but another crew member who complained I think. Pilots are suspended till investigation is over.
Read the news you posted yourself.

Its a news for me that Malta has been shifted from Europe to Africa now...actually so called newly shifted 'African country' Malta has $21000 per capita income and Its still in Europe(big lol)....
Anyway I just proved who is dumb here...lols

IF this is true then the entire crew (2 stewardess and 2 pilots) need to be fired and criminal negligence charges need to be filed against these idiots. Their alleged actions put every single person on the plane in danger, there is simply no excusing this behaviour.

I don't know why the OP has made this an anti-India thread. Stupidity exists everywhere and its not like their actions had anything to do with them being Indian.

Ever heard of this:

Aeroflot Flight 593 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The crash was caused because the Captains 12 year old Daughter and 16 year old Son were allowed in to the cockpit and allowed to sit in the Pilot's seats and inadvertently caused a catastrophic crash claiming the lives of all on board.

There is such stupidness all over the world that is all we can say, do not make this something it isn't.

And what has this got to do with Indian defence??

@Abingdonboy you are not as naive as you are pretending.
Highlighted part has it's own nuisance value many poster from our west and east crave for. It's more valuable when issues like toilet, poverty etc. are dying and do not to draw attention as they think it should. So they are drowning people clutched at straw.

@ topic- It's unacceptable behavior and license culprits must be revoked and must be punished according to law.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! It happens everywhere in india, on streets, on buses, on trains, on naval ships, and now on passenger planes too............who said rape was not contagious in india?

Rape in Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

India Has A Rape Crisis, But Pakistan

In 2005 a woman claimed to have been gang raped by four police officers for refusing to pay them a bribe so her husband would be released from prison. One officer was arrested and three have disappeared.

# A 23-year-old woman in Faisalabad made public accusations against the police, saying her husband had been arrested for creating forged documents; she alleges she was raped on the orders of the chief of police for her actions. The officer was suspended but not arrested.[11]
# Kainat Soomro was a 13-year-old schoolgirl when she was kidnapped and gang raped for four days. Her protest has led to the murder of her brother, a death sentence from the elders of her village, and threats from the rapists, who after four years still remain at large.[21]
# In 2012 three members of the Border Police were remanded into custody for raping five women aged between fifteen and twenty-one. The women claim they were taken from a picnic area to the police station in Dera Ghazi Khan, where the police filmed themselves sexually assaulting the women.

During the Bangladesh Liberation War, it is estimated that between 200,000[23] and 400,000[24] women and girls were sexually assaulted by the Pakistan armed forces and the Al-Badr ("the moon") and the Al-Shams ("the sun") militias that supported them.

Bro Rape is not a act of Men. This Act is of Timid Raskals, No mercy need to anyone who even think to do it whether India or Pakistan. Rape is not at all subject of jokes. U made a mistake by loosing Morality if u really believe to have that and not a orthodox for women.

Exactly the proper words to be used for such things but what I couldnt digest was the attempt to save pilots by saying co-pilot was in cockpit and he turned off auto pilot which totally contradicts passengers accounts.why to save pilots? punish them as severely as possible so that this thing never happens again.

What makes you say that the attempt is to save Pilots?????????? Mate please understand this is an airliner and Airliner doesnt want a negative publicity especially for an airliner like AIR INDIA which is in ventilator..... The attempt is just secure their commercial interest.... But i doubt that is serving any purpose.....

What makes you say that the attempt is to save Pilots?????????? Mate please understand this is an airliner and Airliner doesnt want a negative publicity especially for an airliner like AIR INDIA which is in ventilator..... The attempt is just secure their commercial interest.... But i doubt that is serving any purpose.....

Indeed someone is trying to save the pilot's aXX and flight data reported to have been erased :cuckoo:

Review this link and the relvant excerpts are " On Jun 20th 2013 India's DGCA reported, that the captain of the flight as well as the two flight attendants were suspended for three months, the first officer was not reprimanded. The investigation so far determined purely based on testimonies by the crew and airline internal inquiries due to the lack of cockpit voice recordings that according to testimony had been erased accidentally, that two flight attendants entered the cockpit to serve tea although no refreshments had been ordered by the flight crew. The flight attendants subsequently remained in the cockpit chatting about private matters like cinema and marriages. The captain admitted that due to this distraction he unknowingly disconnected the autopilot while enroute at FL330 and, by own admission, needed some time to recognize the mistake and reconnect the autopilot.

Incident: Air India A321 enroute on Apr 12th 2013, 2 cabin crew in cockpit, autopilot disconnected unintentionally

Back
Top Bottom