What's new

Pig Fat in Pakistani Chips

The soap is made from tallow, which predominately made from Pigs tallow!!! Oh, I feel really, really fresh now!!!!:D

Today, soaps are made from fats and oils that react with lye (sodium hydroxide). Solid fats like coconut oil, palm oil, tallow (rendered beef fat), or lard (rendered pork fat), are used to form bars of soap that stay hard and resist dissolving in the water left in the soap dish.

Oils such as olive oil, soybean oil, or canola oil make softer soaps. Castile soap is any soap that is made primarily of olive oil, and is known for being mild and soft.

simply using softer soap will solve that problem but if u enjoy bar soaps more power to u.

I eat Lays daily in school.Lay's are tasty :D..I don't think it contains Pig Fat's because otherwise Mullah's would burn Lay's production factory :D.

It's pretty difficult to identify.

In general in US if the food is not labeled Vegetarian/Kosher/Halal , I usually assume it contains every single animal part in it.
McDonalds was even taken to court over Beef in their "Vegetarian" French Fries.
Hinduism Today Receives McDonalds Settlement

In India, food etc. are marked with a green circle (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...els.svg/570px-India_vegetarian_labels.svg.png) - its surprising how many products had the red circle on them after the labeling was introduced.

How does it work in Pakistan ? Is there a requirement to identify food items as non-Halal ?

Anyway, Jews are much more vocal and particular about identifying Kosher food items. So Frito Lays should be OK Halalwise
(Frito-Lay: Products Certified Kosher ? Orthodox Union) while McDonalds is not.

Today, soaps are made from fats and oils that react with lye (sodium hydroxide). Solid fats like coconut oil, palm oil, tallow (rendered beef fat), or lard (rendered pork fat), are used to form bars of soap that stay hard and resist dissolving in the water left in the soap dish.

Oils such as olive oil, soybean oil, or canola oil make softer soaps. Castile soap is any soap that is made primarily of olive oil, and is known for being mild and soft.

simply using softer soap will solve that problem but if u enjoy bar soaps more power to u.

Or alternately you can use liquid soaps - they are detergent based. It's good for Halal but bad for environment.

And I am not sure all hard-oil based soaps are difficult to dissolve - There is a coconut oil based soap in India (Chandrika Ayurvedic soaps-The best soap nature can offer) and it dissolves faster than any soap I've used.

Good News for People in Pakistan:enjoy:
the regular visitors to McDonalds and KFC...dont worry about the "fats"....I've seen the storage and supplies firsthand.They use "Manpasand" ghee :lol:...Although its Halal but I've sworn to myself that I'll never eat there cause of its poor quality...Besides I'm not a big fan of them..Pizza Hut rocks!!!!:chilli:

can i ask a question?
why is the Islamic way of killing(chicken) different from the other non-islamic ways?
like the use of poison gases and electricity..?

can i ask a question?
why is the Islamic way of killing(chicken) different from the other non-islamic ways?

To the best of my knowledge...Its different because, when animals are slaughtered in Islamic way..they let the blood out completely(blood isn't Halal) that otherwise back circulates or stay inside the body/burns.
Perhaps this is the reason why animals that drink blood are declared Haram.

How does it work in Pakistan ? Is there a requirement to identify food items as non-Halal ?

There usually is a logo of Halal on the packet, like this one:

Though nothing non-Halal is available in Pakistan i.e. usually everything made while keeping in the requirements of Halal.

International products usually carry this logo for confirmation, otherwise most of the time it is skipped for the products produced or made under license locally.

Last edited:
To the best of my knowledge...Its different because, when animals are slaughtered in Islamic way..they let the blood out completely(blood isn't Halal) that otherwise back circulates or stay inside the body/burns.
Perhaps this is the reason why animals that drink blood are declared Haram.
Yes he is correct. I'll just add a little more though. The ides is to cut the two jugular veins and not disturbing the spinal cord (no decapitation) in the process. Animal dies due to the loss of the blood not due to the death of the brain (as in the case of so called non-halal ways). So during the whole process, as much blood leaves the body because the brain and the heart are functioning until the very end.

In addition to this, some Ulema (actually majority of them) also argue that the animal is not considered halal until he is sacrificed while facing him towards the Mekkah and saying Allah's name (Allah O' Akbar) during the process of cutting the jugular veins. In my opinion though, not every animal is for sacrifice, hence this rule may not be applicable to the non-sacrificing animal (for everyday consumption). For instance, there are rules on the quality of the animal that is going to be sacrificed, such as it should have both the horns intact, both they eyes functioning, no limp or other visible disability etc. But for animals for regular consumption, there are no such requirements. Hence, I think (Allah knows better) that it is not important to sacrifice the animal for everyday consumption like we sacrifice the Sacrificial animals. Just cutting the two jugular veins and letting as much blood flow out of the body should be sufficient.

Another thing is there is a big difference between Halal and Zabiha. A goat is Halal no matter how it was killed, but a dog is haram even if it was killed by cutting the jugular veins. So buying meat just by looking at the label ‘halal’ doesn’t mean the meat actually came from ‘Zabiha’ animal. But we can only go so far, and Allah knows and forgives. This is not a big problem (still is though) in Islamic countries, but in non-Islamic countries, we can only make all the efforts possible and let rest on the mercy of Allah.

Maybe brother Al-Zakir put some more light on this.

can i ask a question?
I usually avoid bringing Science into theology. But just to clear it for you, methods such as poisoning and gassing and even de-capitation make the animals traumatized (stress-induced analgesia). In trauma, brain instructs the body to release a number of compounds for trauma management such as cannabinoids, also known as 2-AG. These compounds in excess may be harmful for the human consumption. The reason behind using a very sharp object for cutting the jugular veins is also for the same purpose to minimize the trauma for the animal. Even if some compounds were released during the process, they leave the body with the blood.

Last edited:
let me try pig fat first if its tasty i approve for eat otherwise its haram

thats why we face swine flu today

9bea20ef1c801327c3aecd37c7342aa9.jpg

8bb4cb7c03d0073242ba9954b97ba5e4.jpg

The soap is made from tallow, which predominately made from Pigs tallow!!! Oh, I feel really, really fresh now!!!!:D

As you said "soap is made from tallow"..

But some bad news for you about tallow:

Tallow is a rendered form of beef or mutton fat, processed from suet. It is solid at room temperature. Unlike suet, tallow can be stored for extended periods without the need for refrigeration to prevent decomposition, provided it is kept in an airtight container to prevent oxidation.

Rendered fat obtained from pigs is known as lard

Now you definately do not want to know how tallow is made..

OK you can buy some special soap made from vegetable oils but you will be paying $$$ for it heavily.
Anyway nothing stopping you making your own soap

Back
Top Bottom