What's new

Pictures from cities | Lahore

The Lahore Gymkhana Golf club is considered to be one of the oldest Golf Clubs in pakistan. and is believed to have been founded in the late years of 19th century. some time after the 1857 War of independence. The first organization golf tournament played over its course was most probably the Champion Medal (Roe Medal) held in january 1895.

f1fd56ec1cecb05bafa1555582f776be.jpg

This picture is not of Lahore GYM Khana golf club, infect it is GYM Khana cricket club.
As far I remember from my school days, GYM Khana club have a newer building.
I wonder if they have same practice in canteen that eat and write the name of member. ;) I have misused this practice in my 8th grade on couple of occasions. :disagree: my class fellow lured me in...very wrong... but sweet old memories from the past. :rolleyes:
Best wishes for the lovely Lahore.

The Catholic Cathedral of the Sacred Heart, one of the outstanding historical monuments of Lahore located in the heart of the city on Lawrence Road will celebrate its 100th birthday on 19th November 2007.

The founder of this majestic Temple of God was Dr. Godfrey Pelckmans, a Capuchin Bishop from Belgium. The design of this masterpiece was made according to the Roman Byzantine style by a Belgium architect, Dr. Dubbeleere of Antwerp. The construction work commenced in 1902 and was completed in 1907. Bishop Fabian Eestermans consecrated the Church on 19th November 1907 in an impressive ceremony.

The total length is about 200 feet. The belfry steeple stands 165 feet high, while the magnificent dome, 120 feet high, is flanked by four elegant turrets.

As far I remember sacred heart is a church and cathedral is the one opposite to the highcourt building, where Bishop of Lahore resides.
Cathedral of Lahore is even more beautiful... ahh and same good old days.
If sacred heart was founded after 1900 than cathedral of Lahore is about 20years older than it.
Picture can be seen at below given link>
Panoramio - Photo of Lahore - The Cathedral, McLeod Road
More pictures of Lahore city:
Lahore: The Mughal Capital - .::UrbanPK::.

This picture is not of Lahore GYM Khana golf club, infect it is GYM Khana cricket club.
As far I remember from my school days, GYM Khana club have a newer building.
I wonder if they have same practice in canteen that eat and write the name of member. ;) I have misused this practice in my 8th grade on couple of occasions. :disagree: my class fellow lured me in...very wrong... but sweet old memories from the past. :rolleyes:
Best wishes for the lovely Lahore.
Thanks BATMAN, truly appreciated. :tup:

As far I remember sacred heart is a church and cathedral is the one opposite to the highcourt building, where Bishop of Lahore resides.
Cathedral of Lahore is even more beautiful... ahh and same good old days.
If sacred heart was founded after 1900 than cathedral of Lahore is about 20years older than it.
Picture can be seen at below given link>
Panoramio - Photo of Lahore - The Cathedral, McLeod Road
More pictures of Lahore city:
Lahore: The Mughal Capital - .::UrbanPK::.
BATMAN, they are different Churches, both are called Cathedrals.

here’s their web site:

Sacred Heart Cathedral Lahore
Sacred Heart Cathedral Lahore

Zamzamma also known as the Bhangian di Tope / Kim's Gun

Another landmark of Lahore is the "Zamzamma" - an 18th century heavy artillery gun that is mounted on a platform in the midst of the Shahrah-e-Quaid-e-Azam, previously the famous The Mall Road. The gun was manufactured and cast in wax-technique in bronze on the orders of Afghan King Ahmed Shah Abdali in 1757 by Nazir Shah, the chief minister of Ahmad Shah Abdali.

It is said that the people of Lahore were asked to give their kitchen utensils for the cauldron. It has the date of manufacture, names of the monarch and the technician along with verses in Persian moulded with floral patterns all over the barrel. The gun bears two inscriptions, one on its muzzle and the other on its back. According to the former inscription, it was cast by Shah Nazir under the orders of Shah Wali Khan. The last line of the second inscription forms a chronogram - a phrase whose each letter has a numerical value which when added gives a specific date - 1169 Hijri (1755-56 AD).

c26b9b32f30f07317728221907085d25.gif

Is it possible to get pics of Quetta .. staff college area ( older`parts of the cantt maybe & Nowshera.. heard a lot from my folks who spent time there before ' 47.

Thanks for the pic of the Zamzamma.. part of history of the sub continent.

I have a some pictures, will post them in a new thread asap.

Badshahi Masjid Lahore
3c1c360d9375eb2a8cb0fb3ad34192a9.jpg

364eb7722d8b13f962bd2d1c28997095.jpg

55993b534120ecb9b74cb3efb6ba6395.jpg

Minar e Pakistan & Minar of Badshai Masjid
d46f37a0aa2b1ae9cb8c8eb76e2c26fc.jpg

Shahi Fort and Badshahi Mosque and Iqbal’s tomb, Lahore

8767ec4bd0e9eae2d5813c4015ec8c29.jpg

Lahore museum

Lahore, General Post Office
7f9d0e6c8f6b67eda47668c54701ea60.jpg

Lahore Fort