What's new

Picture of the Day

Its a mosque ,right? Where is it? What's its name?

Nasīr al-Mulk Mosque, Shiraz, Iran ..... some more pics ....

mezquita_Nasir_al_Mulk_Mosque_shiraz_iran_colores_reflejos_alfombras_techos_14.jpg

Nasirolmolk_mosque_warm_light.jpg

113a2458.jpg

L1020552.sized.jpg

602528_342395675834539_551344364_n.jpg

This man really made me smile. Immediately after I asked for his photo, it became apparent that he didn't speak English. This is normally a deal breaker. It is very difficult to convince a stranger to let you take their photo if they cannot understand a word you are saying.

But I attempted my usual sign language, which involves pointing at the camera then pointing at the person's face. (All while smiling stupidly.) And this time it worked. The man straightened his shoulders, stared into the lens of the camera, and smiled. I took his portrait and thanked him profusely.

I began to walk away when I heard him calling to me. I turned around and saw him tugging at his traditional clothing. "Me Pakistan!" he said. "Me Pakistan!"

Posted by 'Humans of New York' on Facebook, picture taken at Astoria, Queens.

602528_342395675834539_551344364_n.jpg

This man really made me smile. Immediately after I asked for his photo, it became apparent that he didn't speak English. This is normally a deal breaker. It is very difficult to convince a stranger to let you take their photo if they cannot understand a word you are saying.

But I attempted my usual sign language, which involves pointing at the camera then pointing at the person's face. (All while smiling stupidly.) And this time it worked. The man straightened his shoulders, stared into the lens of the camera, and smiled. I took his portrait and thanked him profusely.

I began to walk away when I heard him calling to me. I turned around and saw him tugging at his traditional clothing. "Me Pakistan!" he said. "Me Pakistan!"

Posted by 'Humans of New York' on Facebook, picture taken at Astoria, Queens.

this man almost made me cry... Me Pakistan Too !! :pakistan:

1382128_596914207011737_343814983_n.jpg

Both are married for 80 years..

The baba jee has some regrets on his face while Aunty jee face is aggressive as if saying why are you late? :)

Gandhara enamours America

229378-Gandharaphotoafp-1313074794-677-640x480.jpg

Melissa Chiu, Asia Society Museum Director, looks in the face of a 2nd - 3rd century Buddha statue, August 10, 2011 at the Asia Society Museum in New York. The museum is presenting an exhibition of Buddhist sculptures and other works from the Gandhara region of Pakistan never before exhibited in the United States PHOTO:AFP

Back
Top Bottom