What's new

Picture of the Day

This is why i love Pakistan...
funny-pakistani-pictures1.jpg

That poor donkey!

That is blooming marvelous.

to be honest, i am a bit puzzled.Just noticed this. Western Australia should be a desert. It's lit up like a city and not just in one spot.....

Google Maps

Maps reveal nothing but national parks, wildlife reserves, some lakes and desert in those areas.

@Vassnti : Can you maybe help explain this?

Last edited by a moderator:
to be honest, i am a bit puzzled.Just noticed this. Western Australia should be a desert. It's lit up like a city and not just in one spot.....

Google Maps

Maps reveal nothing but national parks, wildlife reserves, some lakes and desert in those areas.

@Vassnti : Can you maybe help explain this?

Not a lot of use to you, yes you are right WA is mostly desert the few inhabited areas are on the coast. There is a lot of mining, its about the only thing there is there but nothing i would have thought to light the area up like christmas tree.

WA is 2,525,500 sq k and has only 2,000,000 people at less than one person per square kilometer that many lights everyone would have to have an AA search light in the back yard.

BTW note the flag Kiwi not skippy ;)

Edit found the answer, must be summer WA is burning again,

712518main1_EAN-australia-673.jpg

Careful observers of the new "Black Marble" images of Earth at night released this week by NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration have noticed bright areas in the western part of Australia that are largely uninhabited. Why is this area so lit up, many have asked?

Away from the cities, much of the night light observed by the NASA-NOAA Suomi NPP satellite in these images comes from wildfires. In the bright areas of western Australia, there are no nearby cities or industrial sites but, scientists have confirmed, there were fires in the area when Suomi NPP made passes over the region. This has been confirmed by other data collected by the satellite.

NASA - Wildfires Light Up Western Australia

Last edited by a moderator:
000001.JFK.jpg

March 1962. The First Lady of USA, Jacqueline Kennedy, arrives in London on Pakistan International Airlines B720, AP-AMG following her visit to India and Pakistan. AMG first flew on 12 dec 1961 and was delivered brand new as PIA's first B720. Those were some of PIA's best days. Jackie loved flying on PIA and made friends with many PIA crew, including Capt M. M. Salehjee, who would be elected president PALPA in 1968.

Back
Top Bottom