What's new

Pic of J-10B with WS-10X for the 8.1 Anniversary

If the above was pointed at me trust me i will be the last person to troll having a think tank TAG under my name. What i want to say is that no matter how knowledgeable one is, errors might happen and sometimes what we hear, does not turn into reality. This includes me as well. I am jubilant to see WS-10 on J-10B to be honest :)

If the above was pointed at me trust me i will be the last person to troll having a think tank TAG under my name. What i want to say is that no matter how knowledgeable one is, errors might happen and sometimes what we hear, does not turn into reality. This includes me as well. I am jubilant to see WS-10 on J-10B to be honest :)

The best thing is that the aircraft has service color. Hopefully the testing phase won't be too long. If the WS-10 goes into full production alongside J-10B, China can export J-10B 100% without any foreign dependence. Russia won't be able to object the sale like it did with JF-17 with RD93 engine.

Judging from the rapid induction of WS-10 with varying platforms ranging from J-11 series, J-15 and now J-10B, seems like it is maturing pretty smoothly and PLAAF/ PLAN seem to have gained in confidence in it. I assume it might receive IOC within 2 years but thats just my take.

Now make some sense..

The WS-10A was tested successfully and certainly not rejected. They now power all of the J-11B variants and the J-15. The reason why you haven't seen it on the J-10A is because there is only one factory producing the engines so they produce less yield. The fact that SAC took all of the WS-10A engines is the exact reason why the J-10A doesn't sport it.

You can not put engines with different thrusts on a twin engine fighter (WS-10A and AL-31 have different thrusts). You are going to have some serious problems once airborne.

That makes more sense than a claim without prior research.

According to Daokou, J-10B has already flying with WS-10X back in 2008-2010, but Huzigeng was also right, because the first batch of J-10B will still equip with AL-31FN.

Back then, when J-10B was designed, WS-10 was not ready yet to be equipped for the single-engined platform.

Well, WS-10 is after all a kissing cousin of F110, which was carrier-qualified as early as 1988.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, WS-10 is after all a kissing cousin of F110, which was carrier-qualified as early as 1988.

But it is going to be superior to its older cousin. :wave:

With around same lifespan, but higher thrust. So being introducing around 20 years later is still acceptable.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is certain procedures to fulfill for certification of aero engines.. the first amongst them is flight test it with a multiple engine aircraft by replacing one of its engines. It is said that WS-10, which rejected on behalf of poor performance but where is it tested ?? in a single engine platform ?.. hell no. Scientists wouldn't risk the pilot's life with a single engine test bed. So my assumption is that WS-10 rejected from the earlier stages at best a twin platform but not J-10.

please stop trolling. Chinese don't need indians to tell us how to test an engine.

WS-10A has been fitted on J-11B, all J-11B in production use WS-10A. Hundreds of them are already in PLAAF active service.

troll post reported.

Then why not its fitted with J-10 ?

It's not that easy to mass produce engines you know. As you mentioned before, there were some serious issues with the WS-10 in the beginning, and it has only started mass production two years ago. It takes some time to scale it up so that it can satisfy J-11B, J-15, AND J-10 production demands. Besides, the engines in those 3 types are all somewhat different, so it needed to be thoroughly tested for each aircraft before being inducted. Right now, there's only enough production capacity to fill the J-11B demands, but eventually you'll see it on all three types.

Back
Top Bottom