What's new

PIA losses surge to Rs50 billion in 2021

PTI minister is responsible for EU/USA ban on PIA. They should take responsibility of these losses. PPP ruined PIA by employing useless people on permanent basis, 15 thousands when need is like 3 thousand. They should have supported N league back then and maybe things could have been better now.

Even now if you fire 80% of PIA workforce, it may turn profitable in future. For that you need political consensus.

It’s not just PIA, it’s also the properties and hotel owned by PIA.
I don’t know on what terms PMLN was willing to privatized PIA. Was it agreeable to all parties government and opposition? Were they trying to sell it cheap to their friends? I don’t know the details so I can’t say much. PIA is running in loss for over 25 years. You expect PTI to fix everything in 4 years.

You have to give credit where it’s due. PTI has done exceptionally well under worst opposition. If they can reduce the overhead by using technology/Ai, it will become profitable again. Once it’s profitable, it can be privatized excluding the hotels:

Problem with PTI is they are stupid as fucks. When N league wanted to privatise, PTI didn't agree. PPP are leaches anyway that will burn down everything as long as few uneducated jahils from interior sindh can get govt job on quota.

PTI with federal mindset should have supported N league and sold of PIA back in 2015. Basically federal govt need to come down hard on loss making entities. Fire people at will. Islamabad cannot afford these losses post 18th amendment.
Yes, should have been sold. The problem with pmln was there was no trust they would do it transparently and won't give it someone as political bribe.
Also everyone was shouting PIA is a national asset, which it is not as PPP had dumped ppl from interior Sindh quota. These two dynastics political mafia are responsible for the ruin of PIA.
PTI should have privatized it.

Back
Top Bottom