What's new

PIA has done it!!!

What a horrible title. :D (perhaps our mind is always scared to hear something continuously happening out of our desires)...
..I was so scared to see the title of this thread...YA khudayaa, ab PIA nay kia kar dia :(

Thanks God some good news, Alahmdolillah!

Can you tell me how much money it will take to become a pilot??? and whats the procedure???

on funny note to become a pilot u have to take some bhanng and then have to stir hard to give it a whitish colour then have it ....walah.....a new pilot is ready for flight.....'

@topic and question ....in lahore i think there is private pilot training type thing is going but i think it is for small crafts not big one as PIA got...mostly u can go to dubai or uk for training or hard way is to join PAF..........:coffee:

can you name any pakistani who is 'competent' to run a civil airline on professional grounds.

Advertise the post - and do an honest recruiting process. You will find plenty of competent and honest Pakistanis. For hint there are hundreds of organization listed in stock exchange (i am excluding big private organizations who are not listed) and doing 1000s time better than govt. owned institutions.

management of PIA is fired, this is the new management ran by ex PAF Chief and you can already see the differences.

My latest trip to Pakistan was 2 weeks ago, My domestic flights from/to Karachi was delayed and it sucks, I am not aware of any revolution in last two weeks, I am coming again in mid of September hope to see some improvement.

The Air Chief should have been sent to home... we need to change this trend. Any higher ups who retires from the forces, is always handed over an institution/organisation - what for? He takes his hands from one milk jar to another, what would the civilian intellectuals do if we're hell bent on doing and promoting such policies. We don't need ex-military personnel to run it for us, we need professionals to run civilian institutes/organisations.
No need to become jealous.
If he has great abilities and experience then we should get benefit from him.
I again say, please no jealousy from his pay, whether he earns 1000$ or 35000$.
If he is qualified, and able to work well for the company, we should earn his skills for the sake of the country.

can you name any pakistani who is 'competent' to run a civil airline on professional grounds.

My comment may have looked shortsighted to you and many others but I've expressed my feelings under the capacity of my vision and scope of mind, and I'd love to learn and get a more detailed reply to open the horizons of my mind. I'm sure there are many professionals... advertise the post and see how many competent enough people you get - if none is found then handpick whoever is suitable... Running an organisation to generate revenues and running an organisation to secure the air/borders are completely different things.

No need to become jealous.
If he has great abilities and experience then we should get benefit from him.
I again say, please no jealousy from his pay, whether he earns 1000$ or 35000$.
If he is qualified, and able to work well for the company, we should earn his skills for the sake of the country.

As if I give a hoot about how much he gets paid... my only complain is why an ex-Air Chief would lead a civilian organisation, why not some civilian? or is it that only the ex-Military are the most competent and intellectual people in Pakistan?

Fatman Sir, What A slap given to my friend AstanoshKhan, Aplogize for any Offince. But do not see the way your Polotical leader say. Thats why Islam said see first learn and then talk.

What offence did I make that I've to apologise? I'm here to learn and so far I've learned alot from the likes of Sir Fatman and others. You better go and watch POGO.

PIA is a good airline and the management knows what they are doing..
Its the government who is stealing their money and starving PIA to death...

PIA is so excessively employed that it makes corruption easier to do. Another problem is that it is in Karachi and it needs to be moved away maybe to Islamabad. I have seen workers from my own eyes being biased. I remember i once had to take a flight from Karachi to Dubai and and they gave my booked tickets to someone else. God knows maybe due to ethnicity. They told me to go back to Punjab!

Yah he did it again:rofl: PTI Chairman Imran Khan Cancels his North Waziristan Visit

484526_370993822972006_1158607787_n.jpg

Yah he did it again:rofl: PTI Chairman Imran Khan Cancels his North Waziristan Visit

484526_370993822972006_1158607787_n.jpg
we are talking about PIA not PTI :rofl: fail, anyways, clever decision by imran khan, it would have caused trouble for the army if he had continued on.

Is PIA looking to buy a next0gen a/c like the 787 or A380?
a380 is too big for PIA, 787, maybe in the future but not right now, PIA has orders for 777-300ers though

^^^^
When you traveled on PIA Last time???

Management of PIA must be fired and new competent and honest people must be recruited in order to make PIA a good and profitable airline, otherwise this white elephant must be privatized.

Govt is more to blame than management, when political recruitment of 7000 are allowed what do you expect from management. Last time I traveled by PIA, at the stop over in Islamabad at least 40 people got on board the plane for cleaning and when they left plane was just as dirty. when was the last time you seen cleaning crew with brooms, yes brooms!!, no vaccume cleaners!!

Lol @ PIA. Take 5.5 million rupees from fresh pilots to give a job. Disgusting!

Its not PIA yar, its PPP(IA) miniters get money

What offence did I make that I've to apologise? I'm here to learn and so far I've learned alot from the likes of Sir Fatman and others. You better go and watch POGO.[/QUOTE]

That why i said you speak only what your newly leader said. I did not ask you to apologize. I was apologizing if you feel offended. I think you still watching cricket match. By the way watching POGO is boring. will you join me?:victory:

PIA is so excessively employed that it makes corruption easier to do. Another problem is that it is in Karachi and it needs to be moved away maybe to Islamabad. I have seen workers from my own eyes being biased. I remember i once had to take a flight from Karachi to Dubai and and they gave my booked tickets to someone else. God knows maybe due to ethnicity. They told me to go back to Punjab!

Well quiet a senior member you are still instead of understanding the problem you put the blame on ethnicity ... Please be cohesive and try understand the level of corruption instead of blaming here and there ... and by your theory every thing will become fine if PIA will be shifted to Islamabad ... Islamabad is part of Pakistan in-fact the capital city ... so corruption must be on capital level at their ... any ways IMHO to correct one mistake you must not commit another one Instead do it the right way and take one step at a time thing will not change overnight but they do change ...

Thats a very unfortunate statement. Those professionals are not public figure. So you may never know who they are. PIA has a very competent management staff. Remember Emirates, Malaysian Airlines were set up with the help of PIA management and technical staff.

Since PIA is under Ministry of Defence, government of the era exercise undue political interference. That why PIA chariman always is a political appointment. That very sad. This must be stopped immediately.

Well quiet a senior member you are still instead of understanding the problem you put the blame on ethnicity ... Please be cohesive and try understand the level of corruption instead of blaming here and there ... and by your theory every thing will become fine if PIA will be shifted to Islamabad ... Islamabad is part of Pakistan in-fact the capital city ... so corruption must be on capital level at their ... any ways IMHO to correct one mistake you must not commit another one Instead do it the right way and take one step at a time thing will not change overnight but they do change ...

If you look at the map of the world, Islamabad should be the hub of PIA and not Karachi. Islamabad falls on the way for flights from Russia, Europe and North America to South East Asia and Australia. Since most flights emanating from Europe and America use Russian airspace as its cheaper and shorter to fly from there, Islamabad could be a logical choice for stop over and connections.

Back
Top Bottom