What's new

PIA downgraded to one-star airline

This one star rating is actually the rating assigned to Pakistan Govt's performance.

No use of even privatising the airlines.
Overhaul it compleletly and start with a new airlines with 50% private.
Earning the trust of the customers will be an uphill task though.

There should be a serious discussion of PDF regarding this.

PIA has been besmirched beyond repair now. Its better to close it down and launch a new airline with private assistance like you said.

One callous statement from a PTI cabinet minister (and I say this having been a PTI supporter) has undone 70+ years of PIA legacy and also wiped out all of the backbreaking work and overhaul of the PIA in the past 18 months.

The fault here lies more with CAA yet it is PIA that has been made to bleed with no end in sight.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1566500/cry-for-pia

If PIA was a sick man suffering for years, PTI government and our dumbass minister has just knifed in public and buried it in its grave. As well as a blow to our internal reputation.

This was known as the airline that trained gulf airlines. Our pilots, civilian and PAF known to help train plenty of other countries and fly for them, our pilots had respect. That reputation was soiled in the blink of an eye. :hitwall:

This was perhaps the most stunning display of incompetency from this government yet.

If PIA was a sick man suffering for years, PTI government and our dumbass minister has just knifed in public and buried it in its grave. As well as a blow to our internal reputation.

This was known as the airline that trained gulf airlines. Our pilots, civilian and PAF known to help train plenty of other countries and fly for them, our pilots had respect. That reputation was soiled in the blink of an eye. :hitwall:

This was perhaps the most stunning display of incompetency from this government yet.
So PML-N and PPP aren't too blame for inducting fake pilots and political appointees, but PTI is to blame for outing them. Gotcha :enjoy:

I don't pay tax because Pakistan failed every time whenever I needed it. From public school education to robbery to Government hospital experience. It is best to get out from Pakistan.

Goodbye ....

Last time i travelled with PIA on a domestic flight was in 1998 and i remember the cabin crew literally shouting at passengers for asking water.
They are all well mannered when abroad and on international flights.
Same goes for the pilots. Good performance abroad but plenty of accidents and crashes at home...
Its a matter of Pakistani mindset. We take Pakistan for granted and dont want to perform well in our own country

I don't understand, how can it be given a 1-star rating ?

It's a national airline, it can't be that bad, I don't think so.

Maybe this is more to do with the fake/incompetent pilots.

Can anyone explain to me how/why PIA is considered 'poor' ?

So PML-N and PPP aren't too blame for inducting fake pilots and political appointees, but PTI is to blame for outing them. Gotcha :enjoy:

Learn to take criticism. You don’t need to defend everything this government does, no matter how stupid.

Isn't North Korea's Air Koryo the only other 1 star airline?

Tiktok to PIA be like: eeeh first time?

Earning the trust of the customers will be an uphill task though.

For that to work the airline has to be renamed and re-branded which is not a task the retired sportsmen and servicemen are up to. It requires brilliant business grads and entrepreneurs with In-depth knowledge of commercial aviation.

Back
Top Bottom