What's new

PHOTOS : Army, IAF & Pvt Copters In North India Flood Rescue

Last edited by a moderator:
If we rescue everyone by tomorrow then It would really be an achievement for our defence force. Man I havee never seen any rescue operation like this. They are doing it like a full flagged war. And I am quite impressed with them till now.

The Defence Forces motto: SERVICE BEFORE SELF.

The politicians and bureaucrats motto: SELF BEFORE SERVICE

That in short is the story of India.

I just heard on Tv there is no place for Mi-26 to land ...... but of course...that came from shinde ..so take it with a bucket full of salt...

its pretty obvious that Mi 26 wont land directly at ground zero (just look at the terrain).....MI 26 is being employed to bring large amount of supplies to intermediate areas in one go.....from there on smaller choppers will take charge

just for info: the MI 26 can act as a 60 bed hospital in itself....

I just heard on Tv there is no place for Mi-26 to land ...... but of course...that came from shinde ..so take it with a bucket full of salt...

Yesterday it was landed in gauchar..It's being used to transport fuel for the helis operating from there.

For those who haven't seen or sat inside a Mi-26...

A Mi-26 is a giant requiring a huge helipad for landing and take-off. It's so big that the pilots have a monitor in the cockpit to check out the rear of the chopper during landing so that it doesn't hit the ground! It is the largest operational multi-role helicopter in the world. It has a payload and cargo hold size similar to those of Lockheed C-130 Hercules and has a seating capacity for 90 combat-equipped troops or 120 without combat load. Take-off weight is 56 tonnes, empty weight: 28 tonnes!

Mi-26_01.jpg

The cockpit....

vertolet-0003.jpg

And inside...

vertolet-0011.jpg

For those of you who ask why it cannot land on the available helipads in the mountains, this would tell you why! :smokin:

MI-17V5 has been proved very useful here. IAF man was saying that it can be operated in even bad weather and thats why IAF is using these in worse weather also while all others were grounded.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom