What's new

Philippines vs India outsourcing

AirRodgers

Reaction score
Country
United States
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/MC09Ae01.html

Key to the Philippines' success has been its huge pool of English language-proficient workers. Now, US outsourcing clients are drawing a distinction between the Philippines and India, with a preference for Filipino workers' American accents and grasp of US culture.

Filipino BPO workers are often cited for their comparative ability to solve complex problems.

One industry executive estimated that it takes on average only one to two calls to solve a problem in the Philippines that in comparison would take six or seven in India. Indian BPO entrepreneur Deepak Patel recently noted that "Indians have not been able to handle irate customers" as well as Filipinos can.

The Institute for Development and Econometric Analysis Inc, a local think-tank, estimates that the fewer number of calls required to solve a BPO-related problem has contributed to the Philippines cost competitiveness vis-a-vis competitors in India.

Yep been there with trying to understand India English accent... Now I try to avoid company that outsource call center to India, I mean calling tech support is painful in itself but having to listen to an accent that you can't understand is unacceptable...

Last edited:
Apart from the dislike of this guy and his government, I am all rooting for Filippinos to win this tussle of call-center operations here!
Go Filippino Call-Centers!

abnoy_coin_v3_final.jpg

Credit: franzdg.blogspot.hk/2011/04/oplan-bayanihan-under-philippine.html

I support Filipinos too. I have nothing against any of them. I am also attracted to Filipinas. ;)
Also mess around with Zero Wing. ;)

Ha screw you dude anyway its not a pi$$ contest its business we are good at what we do and the Indians are Good at what they do again its just business.

Ps

We would be friends if you guys were not imperials taking everything and without the that stupid chinese superiority complex

Ha screw you dude anyway its not a pi$$ contest its business we are good at what we do and the Indians are Good at what they do again its just business.

Ps

We would be friends if you guys were not imperials taking everything and without the that stupid chinese superiority complex

I don't think that is a correct assessment. We are mostly humble but we do not take kindly to people who mess with our sovereignty , people who take credits for our work, and altering our history with no clear cut evidence.

Ps

Now I quite understand why the saying "A$$holes Will Never Go Extinct" is so popular.

Phillipinas are good maids and nannies. I'm not sure if they are good at tech support. However, Indians sucks at tech support. My wife had to tell the lndian she could not understand that after she call back, she pray to God that she does not get her again. Of course, the Indian tech support gal would not transfer my wife's request to talk to a supervisor or to someone that speak better English.

Ps

Well said!

I hope Indians start paying more attention to outsourcing, its good to have healthy competitor.

Also, I hear Philippines has a well developed semi-conductor industry. I hope India learns from this.

I don't think that is a correct assessment. We are mostly humble but we do not take kindly to people who mess with our sovereignty , people who take credits for our work, and altering our history with no clear cut evidence.

Ours? huh wow again your so called ours is base on bull its not even logical to begin with and that's our line you people are the imperialist here heck you have disputes with almost of your neighbors your work my @$$ your just thieves and troublemakers hell your screwing people around 10x as worse as any Imperialist heck even better than America heck your evil goes why back 5,000 years of just pure evil so screw you and your kind. 
Well said!

I hope Indians start paying more attention to outsourcing, its good to have healthy competitor.

Also, I hear Philippines has a well developed semi-conductor industry. I hope India learns from this.

Actually its the Philippines who need to learn from India how to at less try to build some industries here more than Just basic Industries (Yes we do have that but sadly its for the international market not of our own domestic consumption) Majority of our industries here are for export the rest is just agricultural. But there is good news though we are now trying to but its just on simply thing for few people example is on software development but its a start, I just hope improve other industries like building a capable automobile industries (we only make parts here the rest we buy from Japan and soon Korea) and shipbuilding Industry (again mostly for foreign market) we should just stop buying second hand.

I just hope the successor to Pnoy would continue the reforms he started and build from there but only time can tell

Last edited:
Phillipinas are good maids and nannies. I'm not sure if they are good at tech support. However, Indians sucks at tech support. My wife had to tell the lndian she could not understand that after she call back, she pray to God that she does not get her again. Of course, the Indian tech support gal would not transfer my wife's request to talk to a supervisor or to someone that speak better English.

Again pure racist arrogant ranting again the failure of the middle (figure) people to understand.

The stereotype Filipino they have in there so called brains is only 5% of 10 million OFW population Majority are Professional Nurses, Mariners, and teachers ironically some are teaching your stupid kids English.

Its like saying all of the chinese are workers on sweatshops and laundry mats see? not good right so think before you post your racist jerk. 
Now I quite understand why the saying "A$$holes Will Never Go Extinct" is so popular.

Funny that just right for your kind i mean the Japanese try to kill you off and yet here you people are.
Its true what they say bad grass is really hard to kill.

Ours? huh wow again your so called ours is base on bull its not even logical to begin with and that's our line you people are the imperialist here heck you have disputes with almost of your neighbors your work my @$$ your just thieves and troublemakers hell your screwing people around 10x as worse as any Imperialist heck even better than America heck your evil goes why back 5,000 years of just pure evil so screw you and your kind. 

I think you need an education and psychiatric counseling. 
Again pure racist arrogant ranting again the failure of the middle (figure) people to understand.

The stereotype Filipino they have in there so called brains is only 5% of 10 million OFW population Majority are Professional Nurses, Mariners, and teachers ironically some are teaching your stupid kids English.

Its like saying all of the chinese are workers on sweatshops and laundry mats see? not good right so think before you post your racist jerk. 

Funny that just right for your kind i mean the Japanese try to kill you off and yet here you people are.
Its true what they say bad grass is really hard to kill.

There are a huge proportion of Filipina maids and nannies in east Asia, that is true. How can that be considered racist? You like to play the race card quite often ,but we Chinese do not care. We do not point a gun to your people and ask them to come over and work as maids and nannies.

I'd go with the Philippines. Average Filipinos tend to have better moral and ethics than Indians in my experience. Also they work harder.

With that said, they need to fix their priorities to have any meaningful foreign investment. Their government is way corrupt. The defense minister of the Philippines has something like a 70 room mansion and pet tigers (yes, you read that right) while most of the people struggle just to get fed.

Don't bother, the real racist here is that illiterate Pinoy. In every thread he just can't keep it civil with his reply. He even enjoys pointing it out how the Japanese had a good reason for killing the Chinese but at the same time he is forgetting how the Japanese murdered a million Pinoy during the occupation. Heck the Americans killed plenty of Pinoys, the Japs killed plenty of Pinoys and this racist here is now licking their arse and showing his hatred against China for we had never occupied or slaughtered the Pinoys. 
US_propaganda_and_Japanese_soldier.jpg

Japanese occupation of the Philippines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And yet Japan has been helping us so much from building airports, highways, and soft loans and other great economic exchanges and they always say sorry to us every araw ng kakigtinan. So this is history, Again what china does from the Philippines? (Steal billions of resources from black sand to minerals, flood us with poor cheap products killing local industries, and overstaying and criminality from drugs to smuggling in and out again stealing and cheating taxes again slowly killing people. (fishermen can fish because of your pirate fleets or being poisoned by your chemicals from your products and the by product of your illegal ventures here? Again who is evil again? The Past Japanese yes but Modern Japan defiantly not or the evil chinaman who steal, lies and cost trouble for everybody with only legal economic contributions to the Philippine economy is $500m over billions of Japanese contributions again you guys are more of liability than help so screw your stupid propaganda. 
I love reading your post, please don't leave PDF. :rofl:

Well feeling is very mutual i love all the ignorant stupid comments from your 50 cent army trolls please show the whole world how stupid you people are.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom