What's new

Philippine Incoming President Will Visit China First

Tiqiu

Reaction score
Country
China
On June 26,Rodrigo Duterte told his supporters at a meeting that he has promised the Chinese ambassador that China is the first country to visit after taking his new post.
http://www.shangbao.com.ph/fgyw/2016/06-26/52211.shtml

5.jpg

Duterte will be an interesting President of the Philippines.
Let it be known that I am against smoking; it damages your health.

--------
Smoke-free Philippines possible under Duterte admin, says group
Sunday, June 26, 2016

THE New Vois Association of the Philippines (NVAP) on Saturday said the distinct track record of President-elect Rodrigo Duterte in curbing smoking in Davao City during his term as mayor is already enough to give them confidence in seeing a smoke-free Philippines soon.

In a statement, NVAP said they expect Duterte to be unwavering in his desire to implement a no smoking policy all over the Philippines just like what he did when he was Davao City mayor.

“We are confident that incoming President Duterte will carry out his earlier declaration of imposing a nationwide smoking ban. There is no doubt on his political will as he has already shown this in making Davao City smoke-free since 2002,” said NVAP President Emer Rojas.

It should be noted that Davao City had been hailed by the World Health Organization for its smoke-free policy since 2002, which is the first in the Philippines.

Rojas said one of the good starting points for the incoming administration would be the strict implementation of the smoke-free policy in schools and its perimeters.

“The youth have been targeted by tobacco companies as ‘replacement smokers’. Therefore, it is only logical to start the campaign in achieving a smoke-free Philippines in schools and universities,” said Rojas.

According to Section 5 of Republic Act No. 9211 or the Tobacco Regulation Act, smoking shall be absolutely prohibited in playschools, preparatory schools, elementary schools, high schools, colleges, and universities.

Also, Section 10 of RA 9211 states that sale or distribution of tobacco products is prohibited within 100 meters from any point of the perimeter of a school.

But while NVAP is looking forward to the Duterte administration, it did not fail to express gratitude to outgoing President Aquino.

Rojas said the group continues to be grateful over Aquino’s act of signing of Republic Act 10351 or the “Sin Tax Reform Law”, and the Republic Act No. 10643 or the “Graphic Health Warnings Law”.

“Among President Aquino’s legacy shall always be the signing of the two measures that are proving to be effective tools in curbing the tobacco menace in the country: the Sin Tax law and the GHW law. These two policies will forever be associated to the Aquino administration,” said Rojas.

What is more impressive, according to Rojas, is that the two laws were enacted by a president, who is known to be a chain smoker.

“Being a smoker himself proved to be a non-factor for President Aquino as it did not stop him from considering what would be beneficial for all Filipinos, which is to save them from developing smoking-related illnesses, through these tobacco control policies,” said Rojas.

It was back in December 2012 when Aquino signed the Sin Tax law, which aims to make tobacco products more inaccessible to the public, especially the poor and the youth, by having their tax rates increased.

The GHW law, meanwhile, was approved by Aquino last July 2014 in a bid to make it mandatory for tobacco companies to put pictures of the ill-effects of smoking in every cigarette pack sold in the market. (HDT/Sunnex)

Last edited:
I have long say Duterte will warm Sino Pinoy r/s. Indeed Aquino is a American lackey who hinder progress of Philippine.

We Chinese fully welcome Duterte and interested in helping Philippine build up infrastructure to help reduce poverty.

Scarborough shoal is just few piece of useless sea area to Philippine. Duterte is wise to pick the correct choice :enjoy:

@jerry_tan @Cossack25A1

I have long say Duterte will warm Sino Pinoy r/s. Indeed Aquino is a American lackey who hinder progress of Philippine.

We Chinese fully welcome Duterte and interested in helping Philippine build up infrastructure to help reduce poverty.

Scarborough shoal is just few piece of useless sea area to Philippine. Duterte is wise to pick the correct choice :enjoy:

@jerry_tan @Cossack25A1
Why the **** bothering tagging me here if your intention is to mock us Filipinos who do not agree with your people?

Why the **** bothering tagging me here if your intention is to mock us Filipinos who do not agree with your people?
Please do not use the word Filipinos. Most Filipino are willing to work with China and forsaken the useless scarborough shoal. Only a few lackey working for colonial USA disagree with that. And you know who you belong too. :lol:

We Chinese welcome any Pinoy if they are willing to work together. :enjoy:

Please do not use the word Filipinos. Most Filipino are willing to work with China and forsaken the useless scarborough shoal. Only a few lackey working for colonial USA disagree with that. And you know who you belong too. :lol:

We Chinese welcome any Pinoy if they are willing to work together. :enjoy:

Who the hell do you think you are? Telling me not to use the word Filipino?!

Only a Chinese-stooge Filipino would work with CCP-led China.

Most Filipinos work for Chinese in Philippines.
Because both local Tsinoys and Chinese immigrants are on the top while keeping the rest of the Filipinos at the bottom, not given a chance to advance in our own land while these Chinese take everything for granted!

Because both local Tsinoys and Chinese immigrants are on the top while keeping the rest of the Filipinos at the bottom, not given a chance to advance in our own land while these Chinese take everything for granted!

What do you mean 'keeping the rest of the Filipinos at the bottom and not given a chance to advance in our own?

How are Chinese Filipinos denying you?

Give me specifics.

And how the hell did you end up with that conclusion?! I did not say anything that "anti-intellectual is good", what I said is that the local Chinese here in the Philippines have more advantages than the common Filipinos because they control the Philippine economy! That they have better access to educations while the common Filipinos don't, and while they contribute to the country, it only benefits the local Chinese, not everyone in this country. Hell I even wonder about their loyalty, whether it is for the country, or their race.

I said the COMMON FILIPINOS, NOT ONLY ME!

Why bother explaining anything to SOBs like you, you're all going to say that what I say are BS anyways.

Nonsense. Chinese people live all around the world and are successful all around the world. Facing discrimination and language barriers, they are able to overcome the obstacles and become successful everywhere.

And how the hell did you end up with that conclusion?! I did not say anything that "anti-intellectual is good", what I said is that the local Chinese here in the Philippines have more advantages than the common Filipinos because they control the Philippine economy! That they have better access to educations while the common Filipinos don't, and while they contribute to the country, it only benefits the local Chinese, not everyone in this country. Hell I even wonder about their loyalty, whether it is for the country, or their race.

I said the COMMON FILIPINOS, NOT ONLY ME!

Why bother explaining anything to SOBs like you, you're all going to say that what I say are BS anyways.

I actually want to know why you think common Filipinos get screwed.

I'm interested in your point of view.

Nonsense. Chinese people live all around the world and are successful all around the world. Facing discrimination and language barriers, they are able to overcome the obstacles and become successful everywhere.

They did overcame obstacles here... at the expense that the common Filipinos are no longer able to catch up because the local Chinese has financial backings due to being the ones in control of the Philippine economy, or simply on top, giving them access to better education while the common Filipinos are forced to have a member of their family to go abroad and be "enslaved" by foreigners.

And because the PH government cares more about the Tsinoy welfare than the common Pinoy welfare, well, it is obviously that the Tsinoys here have more power... and I am pretty sure their loyalty is to their blood and race, not to the Republic of the Philippines and its Constitution.

I actually want to know why you think common Filipinos get screwed.

I'm interested in your point of view.

Everything I say is BS to you, so why bother sharing what I think. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom