What's new

Phase-I of F-Insas to be ready for induction by 2011

looking at the tender i think tavor is to become the standard rifle for indian SF
I think its already being declared.

even in tavor its only the CQB version the zittara produced here(zittara accepts indigenous 5.56 x 30 MINSAS round the same for the MSMC )
Does anybody use Zittara and MSMC ??/

Third are those pataka helmets very good at protecting the soldier?

Ballistic helmets > Pataka helimet.

Indian army and special forces need ballistic helmets, not these star wars helmets.

First don't ever call me Pakistani. You just ruined my day. Second I thought you were trying to show Indian paras are inferior to the yanks. I am a big skeptic about Indian military, but I still deeply respect them as many of my family members are in the navy and army... Third are those pataka helmets very good at protecting the soldier?

they have kevlar layers and are bulletproof.

Any Fair Idea What this is??

ddn14loc-p4-c-3-1_1216094961.jpg

ddn14loc-p4-c-3-1_1216094961.jpg

looking at the oxygen mask i presume its one of the two things ,one either to be used in case of chemical weapons by forces or to be used by SF,paratrooper units for HALO/HAHO jumps from 30000 ft as oxygen masks with such helmets in configuration are used in such jumps.

but looking at the entire system more deeply i think its for HALO/HAHO jumps

Oh Yeah I only Saw ADRDE, I was Confused as to what have they come up with , Then I noticed DEBEL , and Its Obvious Of them to Make such Life supporting Systems...

First don't ever call me Pakistani
Sorry....
Second I thought you were trying to show Indian paras are inferior to the yanks.
No, I my actual message was our special forces are no less than any others but apart from weapons they don't have modern gadget especially for communication, GPS etc. which they should be provided.
Third are those pataka helmets very good at protecting the soldier?
Its especially meant for AK-47 which is standard arm of terrorist.

It looks like a complete kit for Paratroopers...

I seriously doubt this can stop an AK-A7 round.

BULLET-PROOF-PATKA.jpg

Maybe this is better?

dsc00330g.jpg

dsc00331lk.jpg

dsc00340cu.jpg

i am very much in agreement wih you but almost all combat personnel from special forces units have been given ballistic helmets.

I seriously doubt this can stop an AK-A7 round.
Look man whatever you think but its true and thats why IA use it, also it is comfortable for Sikh soldiers.
Here is the description from the official website.
The PATKA are available for Soldiers and Officers. Having protection for 9 mm at rear from 10 mtrs. And from 25 mtrc. AK47 or SLR at forehead. The weight of PATKA will be approx. 1.4 kg to 1.7 kg.

Indian Soldier to Be Equipped with Modular Bullet-Proof Vests

India Defence Online, New Delhi – After having faced major criticism for the sad state of military gear that the Indian soldier is equipped with, the Indian Army will soon import modular light-weight bullet-proof jackets and ballistic helmets with internal communication gear. The need for better body and head armour for the soldier has been heightened due to the continual counter-insurgency operations in the country.

According to the Indian Army, the General Staff Qualitative Requirements (GSQRs) has been remodelled and modular jackets will be imported from potential foreign vendors. The trials for the same will be conducted at the Terminal Ballistics Research Laboratory, Chandigarh and later in Rajasthan deserts and mountains of Jammu and Kashmir. The Indian Army will be equipped by these modern bullet-proof jackets by 2012.

Apparently, over ten companies have elicited their interest in supplying these modular jackets and the Indian Army’s tender indicates that 150,000 bullet-proof jackets will be inducted in the first phase and another 180,000 will be acquired in the second round.

The new bullet-proof jackets will be ergonomically designed, light-weight, modular and fitted to ensure agility and maximum protection. Two kinds of jackets are being envisaged by the Indian Army. For a “low threat perception” mission, the jacket will weigh less than 4 kilograms and have a trauma pad with a soft armour plate all around it and a high threat mission jacket which will weigh 10.5-11.5 kilograms with hard armour plates all around it. The latter will provide protection against 7.62mm x 39mm mild steel core ammunition fired from an AK-47 from 10 meters. Unlike the conventional bullet-proof jackets, these vests can be taken off part by part depending on the mission of the soldiers.

According to the report by the Parliamentary Panel, the Indian Army was short of 1,86,138 bullet-proof jackets despite being authorized 3,53,765 new ones way back in March 2004. Besides that, the current bullet-proof vests weigh over 11 kilogram thereby hampering the agility of the soldier who carries other equipment as well. These new acquisitions by the Indian Army are crucial to plug the gaps in its operational capability and enable effective and decisive actions in response to hostile situations.

it is seems to be like all the F-INSAS equipments are going to be imported one....

Back
Top Bottom